Health Anxiety

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has something happened to trigger these feelings? Might be something minor that you wouldn’t necessarily think would trigger you? And I expect that’s why they’ve invited you for the jab! Probably just covering their backs 🙂
Not that I can think of but maybe the announcing of the road out lockdown, when I’m going back to work ect, it has been on my mind and probably without me realising ❤ I think that’s it because my brother has asthma and for flu jabs I always get letters before him too!

Reactions: 1
Not that I can think of but maybe the announcing of the road out lockdown, when I’m going back to work ect, it has been on my mind and probably without me realising ❤
You’re probably checking again because things have changed and that’s making you anxious and therefore you’re checking to try and get some comfort and control ❤ Obvs not trying to tell you how to think but I know myself that’s often a trigger!

You’re probably checking again because things have changed and that’s making you anxious and therefore you’re checking to try and get some comfort and control ❤ Obvs not trying to tell you how to think but I know myself that’s often a trigger!
No you’re always right I really love and appreciate your advice ❤ I looked after my boyfriends neice last week and have started a little cleaning job on Fridays and I didn’t even think or worry then! But then I worry I’m not worrying and will miss something 😅 Honestly throw me in the bin 🥺😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
No you’re always right I really love and appreciate your advice ❤ I looked after my boyfriends neice last week and have started a little cleaning job on Fridays and I didn’t even think or worry then! But then I worry I’m not worrying and will miss something 😅 Honestly throw me in the bin 🥺😅
Aw Lozza that makes me tear up 🥺 that’s a good sign! Shows it’s nothing more than just anxiety...I bet your symptoms will magically go as you continue your job! Congrats! Honestly the number one treatment is keeping your mind busy! My symptoms go away on weekends bc my bf is back ☺

Aw Lozza that makes me tear up 🥺 that’s a good sign! Shows it’s nothing more than just anxiety...I bet your symptoms will magically go as you continue your job! Congrats! Honestly the number one treatment is keeping your mind busy! My symptoms go away on weekends bc my bf is back ☺
Omg no don’t be sad 🥺 Wish I could give you a big hug! I hope so! Thank you! I bloody love cleaning so for me it’s a hobby 😅 aw I wish I could message you (I have a few days and I’ll be able too) and I’d love to keep you company and have a chat if you ever need it when he’s not there ❤

• Heart
Hi everyone! Had a really bad day today with my anxiety to the point I had a huge panic attack and had to sit with my boyfriend whilst he was working so I didn’t start again 🥺 I told myself a week ago I would leave the lump alone and stop worrying and touching it/prodding it and I was doing realy well until a few days in I was slowly starting to keep checking and therefore it was getting irritated and enlarging! I’m so drained and tired of thinking I’m ill and going to die I feel like I’m not living 🥺 Said I will call my GP tomorrow and end all of this worrying but my social anxiety and thought of going there and what happens next is just as scary 🥺

I also got invited for my Covid-19 injection which is something else to be anxious about 🙄 I’m so confused why because I’m 23, have no health conditions I can think of except as a baby I had a hole in my heart but it closed up when I got older so not sure how I’ve managed to get one?
Don't lose hope it sounds like you did really well to stop checking for as long as you did and you are doing the right thing by getting it checked out. I called the GP earlier in lockdown and was referred and the hospital visit was totally fine, the hygiene was great and the restrictions were nothing to worry about.

Hope you can relax a little once you have a GP appointment. I know it's totally easier said than done! One tip from me is to wear a high neckline where possible to avoid the temptation to check constantly (it can be so hard!!). Also, choose some funny films to watch in the evenings to distract yourself and generally look after yourself because this often falls by the wayside when health anxiety takes over!

You are doing great, it's so normal to have moments of panic but when you interrupt the cycle of worry and checking and googling you are effectively starving the health anxiety because it can't keep going if you don't feed it.

I totally get worrying about not worrying as well! I believe I have had a sort of break-through with health anxiety this week. Basically, before I used to see my health anxiety as a good thing deep down- because i believed that it would keep me safe and mean that i was being very vigilant.

However, my therapist encourages me to see the anxiety like a dictator that is trying to control my life and put these demands on me to check and not enjoy my life. This has been a break-through because I'm finally starting to see health anxiety for what it is- something which is hindering rather than helping me.

One check a month is enough for everything! No doctor in the world would encourage you to check your body every 5 mins for any health conditions. Over time I hope to build on these thoughts more and more and eventually anxious thoughts won't get a look in.

Last edited:
So I managed to overcome my general anxiety and rang my GP who has given me an appointment at some point today! Hopefully this means by the end of today I can stop worrying 🥺🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you! How are you doing? ❤
Oh you know, muddling on 😅 do you ever get really jittery and your anxiety is worse when you’re hungry? I know I’m not eating enough in the week and I googled it and it said you don’t get low blood sugar unless you’re diabetic so now I have something else to worry about 🙃 I know I shouldn’t have googled

Oh you know, muddling on 😅 do you ever get really jittery and your anxiety is worse when you’re hungry? I know I’m not eating enough in the week and I googled it and it said you don’t get low blood sugar unless you’re diabetic so now I have something else to worry about 🙃 I know I shouldn’t have googled
Hahaha I know what you mean, waiting for the next thing (p.s there won’t be 😘). I think I feel more anxious when hungry because it has the same sort of symptoms: dizzy, headache, nauseous ect so that is probably why you feel like that! That’s not true! You can have low blood sugar from not eating enough and it’s not always diabetes! Please eat! I promise you will feel better for it! ❤

Hahaha I know what you mean, waiting for the next thing (p.s there won’t be 😘). I think I feel more anxious when hungry because it has the same sort of symptoms: dizzy, headache, nauseous ect so that is probably why you feel like that! That’s not true! You can have low blood sugar from not eating enough and it’s not always diabetes! Please eat! I promise you will feel better for it! ❤
I’m starting to have disordered eating habits 🥺 partly stems from my health anxiety, if I eat too much/wrong kinds of food I’ll get cancer/other diseases

I’m starting to have disordered eating habits 🥺 partly stems from my health anxiety, if I eat too much/wrong kinds of food I’ll get cancer/other diseases
I’m sorry 🥺 I wish I knew how to help! That sounds really challenging and complex and I wish I knew what to say to help or ease your anxiety! But I’m always here if you need to talk or support!

I had my GP appointment, she thinks it’s a thickening of breast tissue and nothing to worry about but has referred me to a breast clinic just to make sure! I’m kind of glad she did so I have two opinions and two lots of people saying I’m fine! I’ve been before so I know what happens so feeling alot better!

So please have hope that you are fine! ❤❤❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m sorry 🥺 I wish I knew how to help! That sounds really challenging and complex and I wish I knew what to say to help or ease your anxiety! But I’m always here if you need to talk or support!

I had my GP appointment, she thinks it’s a thickening of breast tissue and nothing to worry about but has referred me to a breast clinic just to make sure! I’m kind of glad she did so I have two opinions and two lots of people saying I’m fine! I’ve been before so I know what happens so feeling alot better!

So please have hope that you are fine! ❤❤❤
That’s a positive sign! Like another poster said, they always refer you to the breast clinic just following procedure! Xx

That’s a positive sign! Like another poster said, they always refer you to the breast clinic just following procedure! Xx
Yes I feel so much better already! Do you ever wonder what it’s like to be someone who has no anxiety, what do they think about all day? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Had a really horrible day with my anxiety 😪 been checking my vag area loads recently, if I’m not worried about my vag I’m worried about where wee comes out, so I looked this morning and when I looked back on the photo I took i could see a little red patch, so I looked closer and it looked like a cut? But then I’ve been checking literally all day and now it almost looks like a tiny red bump thing, literally at the top of my vag on the triangley bit around my pee hole 😪 so now I’m terrified it’s urethral cancer but I don’t understand why it looks like a cut in some pictures and a little red bump in others?? Maybe it’s started growing cancerous in the space of a few hours today 😪😪😪 oh and a few months ago I didn’t drink enough in the evening and the next morning didn’t go for a wee till 10am, when I went it was really dark but I couldn’t work out if it was bloody or not? Haven’t had it again but every time I go to the toilet I’m worried I’m going to see blood 😪 please someone talk me down from this

• Sad
Had a really horrible day with my anxiety 😪 been checking my vag area loads recently, if I’m not worried about my vag I’m worried about where wee comes out, so I looked this morning and when I looked back on the photo I took i could see a little red patch, so I looked closer and it looked like a cut? But then I’ve been checking literally all day and now it almost looks like a tiny red bump thing, literally at the top of my vag on the triangley bit around my pee hole 😪 so now I’m terrified it’s urethral cancer but I don’t understand why it looks like a cut in some pictures and a little red bump in others?? Maybe it’s started growing cancerous in the space of a few hours today 😪😪😪 oh and a few months ago I didn’t drink enough in the evening and the next morning didn’t go for a wee till 10am, when I went it was really dark but I couldn’t work out if it was bloody or not? Haven’t had it again but every time I go to the toilet I’m worried I’m going to see blood 😪 please someone talk me down from this
So sorry you had a bad day ❤ you’ve probably cut yourself whilst checking, that area is extremely delicate and our nails can cause little tears! If you’ve taken multiple pictures it will be different angles/lighting/positioning of the camera making it look different! It most likely is 100% normal whatever it is, if it is anything or you’ve wiped too hard, could just be hot too! Does it sting at all? Remember your brain will try to make you think there is something there when there’s not. It’s like staring at something for too long with such concentration you will start to see it differently. Cancer will not grow in the space of hours! It’s impossible! If you wiped and there was no blood I’m pretty sure it was dehydration, as you can dehydrate so quickly, our urine changes daily! Please don’t panic or worry, I can feel that you’re absoloutely fine! Try and distract yourself from worrying, have a nice drink or snack, fuel your body because it will fuel your mind too and you will feel better. I promise ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.