Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure if this is the right thread but... I'm on the pill, and I swear I get a period on day 3 of my "break" but it hasn't started yet so I'm late, but I've been feeling sick, tired and frequently peeing which are all symptoms of pregnancy :oops: I'm literally going Boots before work tomorrow to pick up some tests and I feel awful
It could just be a blip in your cycle! I'm normally regular as clockwork but I've had the odd month where I've been later than usual or lighter than usual etc, it does happen occasionally! I hope you're ok today? Did you get some tests?

Reactions: 2
I brought mine down a few years ago when it was slightly elevated with; weight loss (calorie deficit), more exercise and I also started using flora pro activ and cholestrol lowering yoghurts. I obviously don't know which of these things was most beneficial but next time I had it tested it was normal again.
Thank you. I’ve started Benecol this week and I’m getting back into my exercise pattern which is shameful now when I used to be a gym rat 6 times a week. Planning 5x a week and watching my calories (mainly my saturated fat intake via MyFitnessPal)

Can I ask how long you were left before they tested you again?

I don’t think it is. And anxiety will play large aortic if lovely,
Do you think main problem is anxiety or physical health?
Anxiety ☹ Since my anxiety’s gone down slightly knowing I have an appt on Monday with the derm I’m just looking for things to worry about, I think I feel okay now thanks ❤ Have you had your appt yet?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but... I'm on the pill, and I swear I get a period on day 3 of my "break" but it hasn't started yet so I'm late, but I've been feeling sick, tired and frequently peeing which are all symptoms of pregnancy :oops: I'm literally going Boots before work tomorrow to pick up some tests and I feel awful
Sorry you’re feeling like this! What’s the latest? Did you test?

I got this weird head cold and congestion, but don't feel sick. It is odd. I've had this on/off for a few months. I swear lockdown hasn't helped. I would like a normal blood test and a diabetic one, but the problem is, the GP is such a nightmare to get through to at the moment. The phone is always engaged. 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I got this weird head cold and congestion, but don't feel sick. It is odd. I've had this on/off for a few months. I swear lockdown hasn't helped. I would like a normal blood test and a diabetic one, but the problem is, the GP is such a nightmare to get through to at the moment. The phone is always engaged. 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:
I’ve had phases of feeling a bit heady the past few months too!

I’ve had phases of feeling a bit heady the past few months too!
Well I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks. I had a bad panic attack about a month ago after the Danish footballer collapsed. Since then I've been better, but yeah, the heady and congestion type feeling is a bit annoying. Also, had some pain behind my left eye occasionally. I think part of it is anxiety too. Health anxiety isn't ideal though, as you probably know, you end up worrying about every thing as more serious. I'm defo a big hypochondriac haha. 😬

• Sad
Well I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks. I had a bad panic attack about a month ago after the Danish footballer collapsed. Since then I've been better, but yeah, the heady and congestion type feeling is a bit annoying. Also, had some pain behind my left eye occasionally. I think part of it is anxiety too. Health anxiety isn't ideal though, as you probably know, you end up worrying about every thing as more serious. I'm defo a big hypochondriac haha. 😬
When I was at school I had a phase of maybe a few months where I was constantly worried I was dizzy, therefore I did feel dizzy ☹ You’re in the right place ❤❤

Haven't posted in a while because honestly I'm worried about so many things at the same time now I'm burning myself out with what to even say about it all :(

Just been massively triggered though and had a mini panic attack. Just having my lunch and though I'd casually scroll TikTok and the very first video that came up was a young girl with terminal melanoma. Because Melanoma is obviously my biggest trigger my brain is immediately like "it's a sign!" which I know is bollocks but you can't convince yourself otherwise y'know.

Can't even eat my sandwich and watch some fun TikTok's for escapism without being hounded by it all anymore :'(

I know people can't be expected to avoid other people's triggers and they are just trying to spread awareness and help people, but I wish sensitive subjects like that came with a trigger warning where you'd only see it if you clicked OK like on other sites. I know you can't with everything but surely topics like terminal illness aren't too much to ask!?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I did the test - three of them! - and all negative. I didn't realise just how scared I was until I did the wait 😩 so hopefully just a weird cycle blip

• Heart
Haven't posted in a while because honestly I'm worried about so many things at the same time now I'm burning myself out with what to even say about it all :(

Just been massively triggered though and had a mini panic attack. Just having my lunch and though I'd casually scroll TikTok and the very first video that came up was a young girl with terminal melanoma. Because Melanoma is obviously my biggest trigger my brain is immediately like "it's a sign!" which I know is bollocks but you can't convince yourself otherwise y'know.

Can't even eat my sandwich and watch some fun TikTok's for escapism without being hounded by it all anymore :'(

I know people can't be expected to avoid other people's triggers and they are just trying to spread awareness and help people, but I wish sensitive subjects like that came with a trigger warning where you'd only see it if you clicked OK like on other sites. I know you can't with everything but surely topics like terminal illness aren't too much to ask!?
I totally agree with you! It doesn’t help that if you google something it feeds into all your apps so comes up with ‘suggested’ stuff which is stuff you don’t actually want to see 😢 sorry you had to go through that ❤

I totally agree with you! It doesn’t help that if you google something it feeds into all your apps so comes up with ‘suggested’ stuff which is stuff you don’t actually want to see 😢 sorry you had to go through that ❤
I delete my browsing history every single day for this reason lol.

• Sad
my biggest worry is skin cancer, I literally sit and stare at some moles i've had for years but convince myself they are going to end up cancerous or they already are..

• Sad
my biggest worry is skin cancer, I literally sit and stare at some moles i've had for years but convince myself they are going to end up cancerous or they already are..
Same, I think it's because they are so visual. I have the weirdest bleeping mole (looks nothing like a mole tbh) on my toe that I first noticed just under 5 years ago. I've been so many times about it and they always say it's OK. However, it has literally being changing the entire time I've had it, that plus the fact that it's already so strange looking, just shits me up so bad. I really want to go and ask about it again but the whole process is so traumatising and they always treat me like a insane time waster. But, it's all well and good saying something 'looks OK' when you don't have to live with it y'know? I bet if it was on them they wouldn't feel the same. The amount of my life I have already given up to the terror over it is horrendous. But I know that even if I begged and pleaded for them to remove it and best case scenario it was fine, I'd just move on to other things like I always do. I mean don't get me wrong, out of all the worries I've ever had, this one is the worst, I think because like I say it's visual and I can't forget about it like passing symptoms. It doesn't have any of the classic signs of being dodgy other than the fact it's got a little bigger every year, but Google literally tells you *any* change is bad and I know that is bollocks and 90% of the time it's fine, but it's so hard to accept when the media big you up to panic and then when you go, they are like Nah you are ok. It's like, well how can you be sure? And of course because it's been so long I'm convinced I'm doomed now, everyone tells me there's no way I could have it this long and not already be dead - but you always read about those rare cases :'(

Also please no one tell me to demand a biopsy. It just makes me think you think it's bad and I can't handle it lol.

Reactions: 3
Same, I think it's because they are so visual. I have the weirdest bleeping mole (looks nothing like a mole tbh) on my toe that I first noticed just under 5 years ago. I've been so many times about it and they always say it's OK. However, it has literally being changing the entire time I've had it, that plus the fact that it's already so strange looking, just shits me up so bad. I really want to go and ask about it again but the whole process is so traumatising and they always treat me like a insane time waster. But, it's all well and good saying something 'looks OK' when you don't have to live with it y'know? I bet if it was on them they wouldn't feel the same. The amount of my life I have already given up to the terror over it is horrendous. But I know that even if I begged and pleaded for them to remove it and best case scenario it was fine, I'd just move on to other things like I always do. I mean don't get me wrong, out of all the worries I've ever had, this one is the worst, I think because like I say it's visual and I can't forget about it like passing symptoms. It doesn't have any of the classic signs of being dodgy other than the fact it's got a little bigger every year, but Google literally tells you *any* change is bad and I know that is bollocks and 90% of the time it's fine, but it's so hard to accept when the media big you up to panic and then when you go, they are like Nah you are ok. It's like, well how can you be sure? And of course because it's been so long I'm convinced I'm doomed now, everyone tells me there's no way I could have it this long and not already be dead - but you always read about those rare cases :'(

Also please no one tell me to demand a biopsy. It just makes me think you think it's bad and I can't handle it lol.
yeah I understand and feel your pain, I read somewhere that some moles actually do change over time and then fall off completely.. which is probably in your case.. I have a big mole on the back of my neck and over the years its come away from the skin and will probably just fall off eventually..
I went to school with someone who actually picked a mole clean off and then tried to stick it back on with super glue. Honestly my whole life has just revolved around moles I swear its terrifying so I completely get how you feel.

I'm the sort of person who will only go to the doctor if I'm in severe and utter unbearable pain, otherwise I wont bother.. I just try to keep away from looking at google because in every scenario you type in, it tells you you're dying and for someone who suffers with anxiety I can't put myself through it. If the mole starts to bleed or puss or itch then I think its something more serious but if it doesn't hurt or bother you I'm sure its fine

• Sad
yeah I understand and feel your pain, I read somewhere that some moles actually do change over time and then fall off completely.. which is probably in your case.. I have a big mole on the back of my neck and over the years its come away from the skin and will probably just fall off eventually..
I went to school with someone who actually picked a mole clean off and then tried to stick it back on with super glue. Honestly my whole life has just revolved around moles I swear its terrifying so I completely get how you feel.

I'm the sort of person who will only go to the doctor if I'm in severe and utter unbearable pain, otherwise I wont bother.. I just try to keep away from looking at google because in every scenario you type in, it tells you you're dying and for someone who suffers with anxiety I can't put myself through it. If the mole starts to bleed or puss or itch then I think its something more serious but if it doesn't hurt or bother you I'm sure its fine
Thank you ❤ Oh god super glue lol! It seems that everywhere I look there are stories of people dying of Melanoma, but I know that it's confirmation bias and normal people just don't notice!

You are very right about google. I think if I had a doctor who was compassionate and had empathy it wouldn't be so bad but I find them all so cold and unfeeling. Just makes you feel so much worse when all you want is a little reassurance and they just treat you like a nut job who is wasting their time. The irony is I have maybe been once a year if that but once they have you down as a 'hypochondriac' anything you say to them is seen that way.

I try to tell myself it would be so much uglier by now if it was an issue, but I find 'weird' so uncomfortable lol. I just want to know exactly what it is but I know that 90% of the time they can't tell you that, they can just tell you what it isn't. But the unknown is not the friend of someone with HA!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you. I’ve started Benecol this week and I’m getting back into my exercise pattern which is shameful now when I used to be a gym rat 6 times a week. Planning 5x a week and watching my calories (mainly my saturated fat intake via MyFitnessPal)

Can I ask how long you were left before they tested you again?
I'm sorry, it was a number of years ago now and I cannot remember well. I was getting more regular check ups for my thyroid at the time so it could have 3 or 6 months?

• Heart

If you went private you could ask for it to be removed for aesthetic reasons and they probs would? I know you say you’ll just fixate on something else but at least it’ll be one thing off your mind if you got it taken off if it’s causing this much of an emotional issue for you? And you might surprise yourself, maybe you wouldn’t fixate on something else! ❤

If you went private you could ask for it to be removed for aesthetic reasons and they probs would? I know you say you’ll just fixate on something else but at least it’ll be one thing off your mind if you got it taken off if it’s causing this much of an emotional issue for you? And you might surprise yourself, maybe you wouldn’t fixate on something else! ❤
I can't afford private and like I say, it's just one thing on a long list of many. I know with 100% certainty I would focus on something else and I unfortunately can't just have things chopped off every time I'm worried (nor do I want to!). It's not a very effective coping mechanism sadly and I don't want to keep feeding the cycle.

Please noone else tell me to get it removed, I did ask for a reason.

My health anxiety has gone through the roof lately. The other night I thought I couldn’t feel my heart beating that brought on a panic attack where my heart was beating insanely fast. I spoke to myself out loud about it and moved on but gosh. It’s stemming from having dull aches and pins and needles in my left arm it’s almost like I’m convincing myself im going to have a heart attack or a stroke any time soon, I think this is because a few months ago I had a panic attack where I had an awful feeling of ‘impending doom’ which is a symptom of a stroke I’m sure I read somewhere. Even as I’m writing this I’ve got a dull ache in my left arm for no reason and I’m so worried I’ve got something wrong with me.
Sorry for the ramble but this is the first time I’ve said this out loud (even though it’s the internet).

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.