Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting myself but I left a voicemail this morning and nothing ☹ My anxiety tells me maybe I didn’t leave it right? Or said my phone number wrong? I don’t leave voicemails very often, To leave a voicemail you just have to wait for the beep, leave the message then hang up, right?
Part of me doesn’t want to push things along because if I do it’s guaranteed to be a bad outcome, and then part of me says the longer I leave it the more spread this potential problem will be 😪 but she asked me to ring today and I had to leave a message 😪
I think even if you don’t leave a voicemail right, the number would come up as a missed call. Definitely chase tomorrow if it doesn’t come back though. At least its positive you can afford to go private. I probably can too.I’m not sure if they could see me before 2 weeks anyway though?
Let’s keep ournfingers
Crossed you hear by then

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I think even if you don’t leave a voicemail right, the number would come up as a missed call. Definitely chase tomorrow if it doesn’t come back though. At least its positive you can afford to go private. I probably can too.I’m not sure if they could see me before 2 weeks anyway though?
Let’s keep ournfingers
Crossed you hear by then
Just seen your post on the other thread, sending you love! Xx

• Heart
Just seen your post on the other thread, sending you love! Xx
Thanks I hope they see me soon. I’m here downloading every second mole tracking app now to see what they tell me. I’m going to have to work overtime later to be able to catch-up as been too distraught today. Ive literally just recovered from COVID as well. Did not need this at all!!
How did you find a private clinic?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Thanks I hope they see me soon. I’m here downloading every second mole tracking app now to see what they tell me. I’m going to have to work overtime later to be able to catch-up as been too distraught today. Ive literally just recovered from COVID as well. Did not need this at all!!
How did you find a private clinic?
Do you think your health anxiety is worse because you’re struggling with COVID too? Not saying it’s in your head at all but I know everything over the past year has made me 10 times worse anxiety wise!
googled private dermatologists in my area and it turns out the derm is based at the hospital doing a private practise as well as NHS!

I’ve got a consultation with NHS doctor for next week Wednesday. Which I am glad it’s early but then wondering if it’s a fast track?
I read online that they do not check all moles (only the one concerned about). I’ve booked with a private dermatologist for tomorrow for an overview on all my other moles. Fingers crossed if it comes back clear, I am going to get regular mapping done with dermatologist going forwards

how are you ?X

• Heart
If you have a transvaginal ultrasound do you think you would hear sooner than 6 days later if there was anything urgent? Or am I just wishful thinking

If you have a transvaginal ultrasound do you think you would hear sooner than 6 days later if there was anything urgent? Or am I just wishful thinking
I think you would - I have had two (they're lovely aren't they?) and they can see what's going on during it so they would have flagged it. A friend of mine has just had one and it took a week for hers to come back so can always call the docs to check up on it

Did they say anything during it? On my last one I told him I had health anxiety and wanted to know so he talked me through everything - really put my mind at rest but at my friends they literally said nothing at all so she had no idea (it was completely clear).

I think you would - I have had two (they're lovely aren't they?) and they can see what's going on during it so they would have flagged it. A friend of mine has just had one and it took a week for hers to come back so can always call the docs to check up on it

Did they say anything during it? On my last one I told him I had health anxiety and wanted to know so he talked me through everything - really put my mind at rest but at my friends they literally said nothing at all so she had no idea (it was completely clear).
Thank you for that. No they didn't say anything, is the clicking them taking photos? I really wish I had said I have health anxiety to

Thank you for that. No they didn't say anything, is the clicking them taking photos? I really wish I had said I have health anxiety to
Don't worry - it's so hard to know what's best isn't it.

Clicking is them taking pics of ovaries / uterus etc and on mine they measured lining as well.

First one I had was quite quick but second one was a lot longer - not sure why - think it depends on the person doing it. Both were clear

My friend on hers said it was so weird as they literally barely said a word to her so she ended up thinking all sorts but all completely clear and fine as well :) x

I had one last year- the lady made me feel really uncomfortable during it!! I was waiting ages for my results, but there were no risks and so they never contacted me to say it was clear. Neither did my GP so make sure to chase them x

Have any of you guys with health anxiety NOT had your covid vaccine because of the fear of the side effects etc? I am absolutely petrified of getting a blood clot but I’m also absolutely petrified of getting covid so it’s just a battle. I’ve been in close contact with people with covid twice now, so I feel like it’s a ticking time bomb that I will get it and be severely ill so I’ve just booked my vaccine today, but I feel sick with worry now about any side effects. It’s really stressing me out

Have any of you guys with health anxiety NOT had your covid vaccine because of the fear of the side effects etc? I am absolutely petrified of getting a blood clot but I’m also absolutely petrified of getting covid so it’s just a battle. I’ve been in close contact with people with covid twice now, so I feel like it’s a ticking time bomb that I will get it and be severely ill so I’ve just booked my vaccine today, but I feel sick with worry now about any side effects. It’s really stressing me out
I haven't had the vaccine and don't intend to. Personally I think you just have to weigh up personal risks and what feels 'right' to you. It's a really difficult one but personally, the vaccine worries me more than COVID.

Reactions: 2
I’ve got a consultation with NHS doctor for next week Wednesday. Which I am glad it’s early but then wondering if it’s a fast track?
I read online that they do not check all moles (only the one concerned about). I’ve booked with a private dermatologist for tomorrow for an overview on all my other moles. Fingers crossed if it comes back clear, I am going to get regular mapping done with dermatologist going forwards

how are you ?X
That’s positive then! Yeah got my appt though today, 16th august ☹ She was really nice on the phone! Please if you feel up to it let me know how you get on tomorrow! Would be nice to know what to expect!

That’s positive then! Yeah got my appt though today, 16th august ☹ She was really nice on the phone! Please if you feel up to it let me know how you get on tomorrow! Would be nice to know what to expect!
Thanks- this is just a private appointment I booked separately to get mole mapping done and for the dermatologist to inspect all of my other moles (as low and behold I now have about 5 more causing me great concern). I will let you know how it goes.
Glad you got an appointment as well and that the lady was really nice to you, makes it that bit easier x

• Heart
I had my covid vaccine despite being very worried about clots. I researched though and found the chance of clots is higher if you have Covid. I also had more chance of a clot when I took the pill for years on end. I'm double jabbed now and touch wood no issues!

I keep thinking I’ve got something seriously wrong with me because my health is up and down and has been since the beginning of the year.

At first doctors thought it was my blood pressure but I’ve been taken off my tablets as my bp was too low. My body tends to tremble a bit, and I’m beginning to think it may be my thyroid. I’m tired quite a lot, my hair falls out (not clumps at a time, just a fair bit of it on my lap when I’m styling it). Don’t suppose anyone on this thread has issues with their’s?

I’m seeing a nurse tomorrow and I’m getting my thyroid checked in my blood tests on Thursday but honestly I just don’t want to be put on medication. 😩

Last edited:
I had my covid vaccine despite being very worried about clots. I researched though and found the chance of clots is higher if you have Covid. I also had more chance of a clot when I took the pill for years on end. I'm double jabbed now and touch wood no issues!
I keep thinking I’ve got something seriously wrong with me because my health is up and down and has been since the beginning of the year.

At first doctors thought it was my blood pressure but I’ve been taken off my tablets as my bp was too low. My body tends to tremble a bit, and I’m beginning to think it may be my thyroid. I’m tired quite a lot, my hair falls out (not clumps at a time, just a fair bit of it on my lap when I’m styling it). Don’t suppose anyone on this thread has issues with their’s?

I’m seeing a nurse tomorrow and I’m getting my thyroid checked in my blood tests on Thursday but honestly I just don’t want to be put on medication. 😩
het a full blood test. Also I had similar symptoms and started taking regular vitamin b12, it’s helped a lot x

het a full blood test. Also I had similar symptoms and started taking regular vitamin b12, it’s helped a lot x
Thank you. I have been diagnosed with diverticular disease at the beginning of this year and issues with b12 are known with that. Do you take a specific amount? I’ll ask at my appointment tomorrow what is recommended x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.