Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone here bad their covid vaccine and experienced side effects?
I got mine at the weekend and began fo feel unwell around 24 hours after. The achy flu symptoms have gone but I still have really bad armpit/ gland pain on the side I was injected.
i also get pain here every month a week or so before my period. Do you think this is normal?
Because I’ve convinced myself I have some form of breast or lymphatic cancer.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone here bad their covid vaccine and experienced side effects?
I got mine at the weekend and began fo feel unwell around 24 hours after. The achy flu symptoms have gone but I still have really bad armpit/ gland pain on the side I was injected.
i also get pain here every month a week or so before my period. Do you think this is normal?
Because I’ve convinced myself I have some form of breast or lymphatic cancer.
I often get this before my period too, it’s all to do with your hormones. I haven’t had the vaccine but I have heard from others who have had it that it has raised their lymph nodes so you may be experiencing this also? But it is harmless apparently x

Reactions: 2
Hello all,

New to Tattle, and just thought I'd say hello.

I, too am a health anxiety-er and although I'm managing it pretty well now, had a right old time of it a few years back.

If I can share one thing I've learned about Health Anxiety, it's that by the time I'm at body triggers (weird pains, spasms) or intrusive thoughts, it is time to stop worrying about managing my thoughts and just start caring for my body physically.

I don't know if that will be helpful for anyone else, but either way, anxiety takes it's toll and looking after yourself feels productive so can help ease the tight feeling.

Happy to chat with anyone who is having a challenging day.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sounds like sinus possibly - I suffer with mine quite a bit. I've had it a few times over the past year (thought I had covid every time!) - get post nasal drop in back of throat, sore throat, pressure in head and can get congestion too.

Have you tried an antihistamine? could be hay fever as well!
Yeah sounds familiar. No never tried antihistamine. What does it do?

I often get this before my period too, it’s all to do with your hormones. I haven’t had the vaccine but I have heard from others who have had it that it has raised their lymph nodes so you may be experiencing this also? But it is harmless apparently x
I have had both vaccines and they have caused a few issues with my periods. I did hear that its a hormone thing.

Has anyone here ever experienced a hernia? I think I might have one but I’m scared of going to see the doctor.

Has anyone here ever experienced a hernia? I think I might have one but I’m scared of going to see the doctor.
I haven't, but my brother has. He had it repaired, and was in and out the same day. If you think you have one, get it checked, as if they are big, they can cause problems.

Is anyone elses health anxiety mainly around other people's health rather than their own? I constantly feel dread and on edge that something is wrong with my family or that something is going to happen to one of them. I think it's the fast that I can't feel their symptoms and worry about every little symptom they have it's horrible. I wake up in the morning and feel panicky and have to check they are all ok before I can enjoy my day

Reactions: 7
Is anyone elses health anxiety mainly around other people's health rather than their own? I constantly feel dread and on edge that something is wrong with my family or that something is going to happen to one of them. I think it's the fast that I can't feel their symptoms and worry about every little symptom they have it's horrible. I wake up in the morning and feel panicky and have to check they are all ok before I can enjoy my day
Yep! My boyfriend suffers from IBS and whenever he has a flare up I get so worried and distressed. He’s the type of person to never go to the doctors either so I always worry that its something worse and it won’t be caught in time.

I’ve been having some unusual bleeding recently from down below. It’s happened 3 times within the last month, I don’t have periods due to being on the pill. A few times I’ve had awful pains in my sides and thought it was a kidney infection but it went away by itself within hours. The other day I had severe burning pain whilst weeing and an unusual sour smell so I thought it was a UTI. I work in a hospital and did a urine dip test but it all came back normal.
Now I’ve convinced myself that I’ve either got some sort of cancer or my boyfriend has cheated on me and give me an STI. (Even though there is no real proof of this, I always assume the worst. This is how my brain works!)

Doctors appointment booked for next week but it’s over the phone which I’m a bit unhappy about but oh well

Last edited:
I’m currently up googling the entire internet for colon cancer symptoms because I haven’t been able to shift morning loose stools for a month 😭 on the one hand I know this is health anxiety and googling isn’t my friend, on the other hand I’m convinced this is helping me reach a diagnosis faster! 🙈

• Sad
I’m currently up googling the entire internet for colon cancer symptoms because I haven’t been able to shift morning loose stools for a month 😭 on the one hand I know this is health anxiety and googling isn’t my friend, on the other hand I’m convinced this is helping me reach a diagnosis faster! 🙈
Is it just in the morning? Do you have normal stools later in the day? Could be lots of things like IBS! Do you get anxious alot? X

Reactions: 3
Just been for two nice days away and I just knew they’d email me back about the derm appt after like 2 weeks when I was off enjoying myself 🙄 I’ve bought a friend a baby present and I feel v uneasy about it I shouldn’t have bought it my ocd told me if I bought it Id definitely have melanoma and wouldn’t be alive to give it to her 😪 please say someone else feels like this sometimes with the ocd thoughts??

I could have written this myself! I constantly worry about my family and have to message to check they are all ok. Sometimes makes the problem worse when they don’t respond to my message for ages or my messages don’t even deliver! Then my brain starts spinning even faster

I have just realised the mole on my neck is 2 sewerage colours and a clear division in between. Trying to arrange a GP appointment, really scared I have skin cancer now. It looks very odd in the photos

I have just realised the mole on my neck is 2 sewerage colours and a clear division in between. Trying to arrange a GP appointment, really scared I have skin cancer now. It looks very odd in the photos
I haven’t got any words of advice as I’m feeling the same as you ☹ Waiting for a call back about a private dermatology appt for a mole check and I’m really worried 😪 really trying to avoid googling pictures of melanoma and stuff and going on Reddit forums

• Sad
  • Heart
I haven’t got any words of advice as I’m feeling the same as you ☹ Waiting for a call back about a private dermatology appt for a mole check and I’m really worried 😪 really trying to avoid googling pictures of melanoma and stuff and going on Reddit forums
Me too!! How long have you been waiting for? I’m thinking of going private because now I’m really anxious about it.

Me too!! How long have you been waiting for? I’m thinking of going private because now I’m really anxious about it.
I’ve been emailing for a few weeks and they’ve been a bit slow to get back to me but they said on Friday to ring today so hopefully will ring me back soon!
I don’t think the GP would refer me just for general mole anxiety so I decided to go private, still within my local hospital and they’ve quoted me £200 for a whole body mole check which I’m luckily able to afford. If there is anything that requires further treatment I think I can just change back to nhs status? Part of me worries they’ll say ‘oh you can’t afford chemo privately? Too bad’ and just leave me to die 😪😪😪

I’ve been emailing for a few weeks and they’ve been a bit slow to get back to me but they said on Friday to ring today so hopefully will ring me back soon!
I don’t think the GP would refer me just for general mole anxiety so I decided to go private, still within my local hospital and they’ve quoted me £200 for a whole body mole check which I’m luckily able to afford. If there is anything that requires further treatment I think I can just change back to nhs status? Part of me worries they’ll say ‘oh you can’t afford chemo privately? Too bad’ and just leave me to die 😪😪😪
Oh no, this makes me so sad, I hope you hear back soon. I’m dreaded with anxiety, can’t stop crying 😩.

• Sad
Quoting myself but I left a voicemail this morning and nothing ☹ My anxiety tells me maybe I didn’t leave it right? Or said my phone number wrong? I don’t leave voicemails very often, To leave a voicemail you just have to wait for the beep, leave the message then hang up, right?
Part of me doesn’t want to push things along because if I do it’s guaranteed to be a bad outcome, and then part of me says the longer I leave it the more spread this potential problem will be 😪 but she asked me to ring today and I had to leave a message 😪

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.