Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so sorry. I watched a programme about it all. Absolutely heartbreaking x
The poice got absolutely obliterated for it. However two of the first officers on scene was her ex work college (also very good friend) and the husband of one of her friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The poice got absolutely obliterated for it. However two of the first officers on scene was her ex work college (also very good friend) and the husband of one of her friends.
That must have been traumatic for them

Totally you’d want to try and help so potentially contaminate evidence x

My partner is related to gerry mc Cann. My mum lived right beside a elderly couple who's son lived abroad and was going through drug problems so they brought him home to try and get him help but he ended up brutally killing them by taking their heads of with a hatchet.
It really shook our whole town and a woman I worked with knew the son really well before he moved away and said you couldn't of met a nicer man but obviously the drugs got the better of him. Such a tragic story 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
My partner is related to gerry mc Cann. My mum lived right beside a elderly couple who's son lived abroad and was going through drug problems so they brought him home to try and get him help but he ended up brutally killing them by taking their heads of with a hatchet.
It really shook our whole town and a woman I worked with knew the son really well before he moved away and said you couldn't of met a nicer man but obviously the drugs got the better of him. Such a tragic story 😔
what’s Gerry like

Reactions: 7
what’s Gerry like
He doesn't know him personally but apparently he comes across as a very cold man from one's who do know him but I believe he is very distant even to family. I personally believe he had played a big part in what happened to maddie.

• Wow
Reactions: 21

I know a murder she uses the same gym as me. I kind of knew her growing up and shes always been vile. She got away with self defence. I wasn't there so I dont know when went off but she's always been vile. Smacked my mate who went to her school around her face with a rounders bat.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My town has two of them, though I only knew one personally.

The one that I didn't know personally but have friends that know: a boy disappeared in the 00's, they found his car on a bypass but they never found any trace of him. The local paper will bring it up every so often, that always brings on the whispering of people in town.

The one that I do know personally: one of the girls that made fun of me at school was murdered. She went home with someone after a night out to a halfway house. He killed her really brutally - people had assumed that he'd done some really heinous things but that's untrue. When they went to arrest him, they tazed him and he had a heart attack. It was a really conflicting one for me because I only ever remember her making me cry constantly and literally making my life hell but no one deserves that.
I remember both of these as I'm quite local to you. I often think about the boy on the bypass. It's so strange that someone can just disappear without trace.

Reactions: 1
I remember both of these as I'm quite local to you. I often think about the boy on the bypass. It's so strange that someone can just disappear without trace.
I was wondering if anyone would know about either! I've noticed that there's been a lot more people talking about it on the old FB lately so it's been on my mind a lot.

I was wondering if anyone would know about either! I've noticed that there's been a lot more people talking about it on the old FB lately so it's been on my mind a lot.
I googled after reading your post because the one case sounded familiar. I can't believe the halfway house one was in 2014. I thought it was more recent.

It's the ten year anniversary this year of the disappearance of the young chap. I wonder if there will be renewed appeals etc. So strange for someone to disappear in that way.

My old PE teacher was murdered by her ex husband on New Years Day along with her new partner.
Even though i hadn't seen her since I was 12, it really shook me. She was the kindest teacher we'd had and you could tell how much she adored her children.
Luckily her husband was jailed for life.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
When I had just left sixth form and was waiting to take up my university place, I got a job at a care home for younger adults with varying disabilities and neurological conditions. We used to have a young man come and access respite care every now and again. He had a great sense of humour and loved a chat! A few years after I had left, I saw his picture on social media, he had been attacked by two teenagers whilst walking to the shop one evening. They had punched him to the ground and continued to kick him as he was at their feet. His condition meant he was quite unstable on his feet and he would have been very vulnerable in that moment. Thankfully, some people passing by stepped in and he was taken to hospital and released soon after with only bruising. However, 10 days later he collapsed and died from a brain haemorrhage. There was a huge investigation into whether it was related to the attack but it couldn't be definitively linked and so the boys were not prosecuted. The kick in the teeth for his family though, was when he had died, one of the teenagers changed his Facebook occupation to "full time killer".

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Very sad and very raw still....

So last year summer one if my friends was stabbed in the neck by her stalker. She went out on a few dates with him and called it a day. (They worked together and he ended up getting the sack due to his behaviour before this happened) He was stalking her for weeks before snapping her fingers, stabbing her to death and later killing him self. A few weeks prior someone found a "murder kit" in the local area. She had obviously reported him to the police, a member of the public had reported the "murder kit" but nothing got done. I know people always say nice things about dead people but she was the life and soul of the party ❤
I remeber on the day it happen it a pretty rough area and everywhere had shut down, schools were keeping kids in etc. As horrible as it sounded I thought it was some DV case so i was just going about my day, following it on Facebook. A few hours later my phone just blew up. Still can't belive it to this day 💜
I’m so incredibly story, I know the story about your poor friend and along with many other women I think of her regularly, it just stays with me 😔 thinking of you.

Reactions: 2
My old PE teacher was murdered by her ex husband on New Years Day along with her new partner.
Even though i hadn't seen her since I was 12, it really shook me. She was the kindest teacher we'd had and you could tell how much she adored her children.
Luckily her husband was jailed for life.
Ah what this Notts way? I remeber the story? Sorry about your teacher x

I know of someone who went off to Thailand and disappeared, he left his passport behind him but he was never found

• Sad
This is one I’d completely forgotten about until I was chatting with my brother yesterday about this thread….I don’t know if anyone recalls the DC snipers attacks in the early 2000’s, the attacks where the shooter was hidden in the car boot and shot through a hole he’d made.
One of the victims was an ex-boyfriend of my godmother. They were quite serious and probably would have got married, however he wanted to move back home to the US and she wanted to stay in the UK.
I was early teens when all of this happened but I do recall a phone call in the middle of the night with my godmother crying down the phone to my mum when she’d heard what happened.
By this time, they had both moved on and she felt it wouldn’t be right to contact his family to send her condolences.
My mum dug out some pictures around then and there were pics of him holding me as a baby.
I believe the shooter was ex-military and has now been executed. The driver received life in prison.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
A girl I went to uni with, her best friend went missing after attending a Pride event in Newcastle. He split up from his friends and they had assumed he'd gone home. When he hadn't returned the next day and after speaking to his friends, his family reported him missing. The police were searching for days and eventually managed to trace CCTV showing him entering a road area around the back of some shops, but lost sight of him after that. The police spoke to the security of the shops and they haf mentioned about an old walkway around there that no-one uses anymore and the police had asked if they would do a walk round and see where it led out. Unfortunately, the security guard found his body, he had fell from a multistory fire escape. Really tragic, he was only 18 and was a very talented artist!

• Sad
Reactions: 7