Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to school with her, she was in the year above me. I remember all the fundraising and how the community pulled together for her. It really is sickening.
You must live locally to me then. Mad how people turn out isn't it.

Reactions: 2
When I was a lot younger I used to work at Alton Towers in the guest services department.Guests would come and get the fast pass wrist bands if they had a disability in order to skip the queues. One day this lovely little girl came in with her family, she was full of life and with the biggest smile on her face. She looked up at me, trying to peer up at me and said ‘I know your name, it’s ___’ I said how do you know that?! (Feigning surprise, as we all wore name badges!!) her mum had already given me the paperwork over her head ,which explained her disability (cerebral palsy) and I quickly glanced and said ‘well I know your name, is it April?!’ She was so excited I knew her name! I remember it so clearly to this day, a few weeks later I saw her little face and name on all the newspapers- it was little April Jones.
I don’t think there has been a murder that has touched me so much. I remember them as a lovely family and she was full of life and love- so trusting and just a beautiful little girl. When they were picking up their wristbands we had a small discussion because they lived near Barmouth in Wales and I have gone there since a little girl on holiday. I probably spent all of ten mins talking to them before they went on with their day, but I remember it so clearly.
When I heard the news I felt heartbroken- I couldn’t believe in such a beautiful place could such horrors happen to such a beautiful little girl. It saddens me they never recovered all of her remains just some tiny bone fragments. I think of her every time I pass the turning to the area they lived when I go back to Barmouth, she crosses my thoughts so often.
Rest in peace April. I met you for all of a few moments but I will never forget you.
im from the town where April Jones lived. Knew her older sister, and you know small towns you literally know everyone.
To this day I am still shocked that something like that happened here. Everybody is so close and friendly that even if you payed me 50 million to say that something like that would happen I would not believe you.

I also passed his, now demolished, house twice whilst she was in there...once coming home on the school bus and then on a drive into town. Still gets to me this day that she was there...

Also how the search was happening I woke up to police outside my house looking through the fields and bushes etc

Her family is doing so well now though, I see them often out and about. And there are some lovely tribute around town for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
A friend of a friend's boyfriend was murdered by bouncers outside of a local nightclub. Punched him and he hit his head on the concrete.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
The story of Joyce Vincent haunted me after I saw the documentary - Dreams of a life, I think it’s called .

Reactions: 3
There was a documentary on channel 5 years ago called The Accused, about a girl who was arrested for neglect after her boyfriend attacked their baby leaving them with brain damage.

I was absolutely shocked when the adverts were shown to realise I’d known the girl years before. The documentary was horrible too, she didn’t come across well (understatement)

There was a documentary on channel 5 years ago called The Accused, about a girl who was arrested for neglect after her boyfriend attacked their baby leaving them with brain damage.

I was absolutely shocked when the adverts were shown to realise I’d known the girl years before. The documentary was horrible too, she didn’t come across well (understatement)

• Sad

I think we spoke about this on this thread or another one I watched the documentary there was also another thread on mumsnet where she asked for advice about her case people were really unstressed if she always dressed and spoke that way or if it was for the cameras or whatever, she will be out of jail now x

Reactions: 1
We definitely discussed Kenzi (the accused) on here. She is out of prison now but I hope she had a rough time in there. Women who put their boyfriends before their helpless babies and children make me sick.

Reactions: 15
We definitely discussed Kenzi (the accused) on here. She is out of prison now but I hope she had a rough time in there. Women who put their boyfriends before their helpless babies and children make me sick.
Yeah I’ve just looked it was on the real life crime Thread I’ve just tagged lulu on it if she wanted to have a gander

i had never heard of this case jesus how horrific. thta mums actions are unbelievable. also strange he wasn't seeking help for his anger issues as he was aware he had them ?

Reactions: 4
I went to college with an Irish girl who was a vet and was living in wales when she was murdered in 2012. I won't put her name her but I'm sure a quick google will tell you the horrific story. Still think about her. I met someone who knew her family well and apparently her poor parents have never recovered.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yep my nana was murdered by my grandad it was a murder suicide, turn out we never knew the mental health problems he was going through.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I went to college with an Irish girl who was a vet and was living in wales when she was murdered in 2012. I won't put her name her but I'm sure a quick google will tell you the horrific story. Still think about her. I met someone who knew her family well and apparently her poor parents have never recovered.
what a horrendous crime, Poor girl and her poor family. You could never be happy again after something like that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

I actually watched that documentary the other night with an open mind as the girl came across lovely and trying hard to prove her innocence, but the evidence stacked up against her in my personal view and things didn't add up from what was presented. She definitely knew something was up and didn't do her best to help her child out, actually stayed by her partner's side throughout after knowing what he did.

I used to have a customer who was convicted of murder and got released on a technicality. He’s now banned from the premises and can only contact the company by liaison because he kept threatening and trying to intimidate the staff. Guy was scary. My partner was also part of the legal team prosecuting him and had to delete all his social media and go private on the electoral roll because the accused was considered that dangerous.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
One of my father's cousin's was a jeweller/ goldsmith. He used to make jewellery, not the kind of tat you find on the internet, but proper stuff using precious metals and stones.

Anyhow back in the 90s he tried to sell my dad a house, long story short we didn't buy it.

Two months after this he disappeared. Don't know for sure but he was apparently in a lot of debt.

His wife reported him missing and he was never found. To be honest most of his other relatives think he went missing on purpose and his wife knows where he is as she or the kids don't appear to be as concerned as they should be.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Not as serious as some of your stories, but I used to work with a woman who had a bad drink problem. I had left that job but one of my friends also worked there told me that she was eventually let go after being given many chances.

Anyway, years later, I seen a news article about her - she had been reported missing in Berlin. She had family in Germany and used to go over to visit, but she was last seen at Berlin airport, she never got on her flight home and didn’t contact anybody about where she was or what she was doing. She was later found in Berlin city - nearly a week later - I don’t know what happened, she may have went on a binge. But through the news article I seen she has a young daughter now, she had left the daughter at home in the UK with her boyfriend/husband. It worried me as I didn’t know she had a child, and she had always expressed not wanting children, and she’s quite a troubled soul, so I hope she is doing ok now and that her daughter is too 😔

• Wow
Reactions: 3