Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s heartbreaking that everything was just as if she’d just fallen asleep. And yeah so shocking that no one noticed as from all accounts she was very well liked etc! Scary to think that you could be missing for that long and no one would notice especially as you say without rent being paid etc
The sad thing is that they found Christmas presents that she had been wrapping so if she was that close to people that she’d buy them presents then surely someone would have missed her.

Feel really sad now 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 16
w

In Wood Green, I believe? I saw the film on Channel Four with Zawe Ashton and it was so awfully sad. That is one of my biggest fears, that something like that happens to me
That’s the one. Yeah the thought of it is terrifying

• Sad
Reactions: 2
That is so shocking and sad 😥 3 years just decomposing in your own home with no one looking for you! Surely one of the neighbours would have noticed something wasn’t right? And the rent wouldn’t have been paid?

Edit - just reading the Wikipedia page, how incredibly sad 😔 her television was left on for all those years and people noticed the smell but thought it was the bins! How awful.

Edited again - I warn you do not look at the images that come up as there are pictures of the scene. Wasn’t expecting that.
I looked on Google .. surely photo in the armchair isn't real?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That’s the one. Yeah the thought of it is terrifying
It was so awfully sad. I remember there was a bit of chatter around it on Twitter and someone in passing mentioned it. The film was very, very sad and after watching it, it stuck with me for AGES, I still thinking about it now. What was sad was how easily she slipped through the cracks.

My cousin was with her fiance for 8 years, he was always an aggressive drunk but alot of people are. Last year they were out in town, he stepped outside the bar to take a phonecall and she followed him out, apparently she was nagging him trying to make him get off the phone and he ended up caving her head in with it. It's heartbreaking. They had 3 kids. None of us knew he would ever be capable of something like that.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I looked on Google .. surely photo in the armchair isn't real?!
I didn’t stay on the page long enough to look properly as it freaked me out 🤮 it does say on Wikipedia that she was found lying on her back so why would she be sat in an armchair? Probably is fake then.

Reactions: 5
Anyone who likes this sort of thing should listen to the Maddie podcast. I lost sleep over it- I used to live in the Algarve. It’s mind blowing.

My favourite murder is also an amazing podcast.

My only claim is my cousin was best friends with Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman. She went completely off the rails - no idea if it was linked.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Anyone who likes this sort of thing should listen to the Maddie podcast. I lost sleep over it- I used to live in the Algarve. It’s mind blowing.

My favourite murder is also an amazing podcast.

My only claim is my cousin was best friends with Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman. She went completely off the rails - no idea if it was linked.
I really like Casefile. It’s Australian but he does worldwide cases. His delivery is so good that I’ve been listening at work and when there’s a plot twist, I’ve gasped out loud many a time.

my aunt used to work with Dennis Nilsen and said he was so softly spoken.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The sad thing is that they found Christmas presents that she had been wrapping so if she was that close to people that she’d buy them presents then surely someone would have missed her.

Feel really sad now 😭
I can quite believe it. I have a huuuuge family, yet I'm treated like a second class citizen, next to no support from any of them but they will break their necks to support everyone else in the family. If something happend to me, they wouldn't notice at all and would probably be glad that such an inconvenience has gone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I used to bother with a girl when I was about 18 and she was a part of a large friendship group along with a boy we all knew. Years later, she had a son and her and the boy we knew got together. I remember thinking it was random but wished them well. He was a known drug user but was always a decent guy, about a year after they got together I woke up one morning to a Facebook post from her saying how her little boy had passed away. We were all told that he fell down the stairs and broke his neck. I remember feeling sick and sooo sorry for her as I had a young son around the same age, I cried over it for weeks, we did a fundraiser to help towards his funeral and it was such a sad time. Woke up one morning to a message saying they had both been arrested on suspicion of murder. Turned out the little boy was abused for months and the boy had killed him and she tried to help him cover up the murder of her son!!! Her own mother stood by her. She is now free and posts all over her Facebook about her darling boy and he got 20 years. Makes me sick!!
I went to school with her, she was in the year above me. I remember all the fundraising and how the community pulled together for her. It really is sickening.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
My cousin was murdered by his friend. They were arguing over £10 and got into a fight. His friend stabbed him over & over again (we never wanted to know the exact amount of stab wounds) and then his friend left him for dead was on bonfire night too. Awful. Don’t do drugs kids, they make you do stupid things.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I posted earlier about my friend thinking she saw Shannon Matthews. I have had it deleted because my friend didn’t tell me that she is now firm friends with this person and she is absolutely not her. And it also wasn’t a local uni to us I got it completely wrong ! Apologies.

Reactions: 8
It’s heartbreaking that everything was just as if she’d just fallen asleep. And yeah so shocking that no one noticed as from all accounts she was very well liked etc! Scary to think that you could be missing for that long and no one would notice especially as you say without rent being paid etc
Joyce Vincent I think her name was.

Reactions: 1
An ex girlfriend of one of my 2nd cousins died in her flat and wasn’t found for 3 years. There’s a documentary about it and it’s just a really sad story because she’d sort of lost touch with everyone and no one realised that she’d died.
I think this is the story. Fascinating and heartbreaking in equal measure.

Reactions: 1
One of my old managers was killed trying to help a stranger who was being attacked by his mate in a drug filed rage . My boss let the boy in to help him escape his friend and the friend bust in the house and stabbed my old boss to death in front of his family . Only happened last year . Feel so bad for the parents of my boss as they lost there other son in a drowning accident .

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16