Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An ex girlfriend of one of my 2nd cousins died in her flat and wasn’t found for 3 years. There’s a documentary about it and it’s just a really sad story because she’d sort of lost touch with everyone and no one realised that she’d died.
I saw a documentary on that I think! It was the saddest thing I have ever seen. God rest her soul xx

Reactions: 2
im from the town where April Jones lived. Knew her older sister, and you know small towns you literally know everyone.
To this day I am still shocked that something like that happened here. Everybody is so close and friendly that even if you payed me 50 million to say that something like that would happen I would not believe you.

I also passed his, now demolished, house twice whilst she was in there...once coming home on the school bus and then on a drive into town. Still gets to me this day that she was there...

Also how the search was happening I woke up to police outside my house looking through the fields and bushes etc

Her family is doing so well now though, I see them often out and about. And there are some lovely tribute around town for her.
I’d only heard of the town as my dad died there (random, especially given the thread subject! He died of natural causes by the way). It’s such a quiet area & beautiful part of the world. I still can’t get over letting a 5 year old out to play without parents. What happened to her is just beyond comprehension.

I didn’t know them but in my final year at uni there was a horrible case that happened on the road I lived on. A girl lured her ex into her house where she had men waiting to kill him. If I remember rightly the poor lad was found elsewhere as they had driven him away to attempt to cover their tracks, so we weren’t aware it had happened literally a few doors down until it was in the papers when it went to trial. Played on my mind for quite a while afterwards that he’d walked right by my house into that hell, totally oblivious. Awful.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I actually watched that documentary the other night with an open mind as the girl came across lovely and trying hard to prove her innocence, but the evidence stacked up against her in my personal view and things didn't add up from what was presented. She definitely knew something was up and didn't do her best to help her child out, actually stayed by her partner's side throughout after knowing what he did.
I don’t think I could bring myself to watch .the only “explanation” (not a justification) is that I assume he was abusive towards her and maybe she was scared of him? However even as someone who spent years in an abusive relationship I don’t understand how you could not do absolutely everything to protect your child

I don’t think I could bring myself to watch .the only “explanation” (not a justification) is that I assume he was abusive towards her and maybe she was scared of him? However even as someone who spent years in an abusive relationship I don’t understand how you could not do absolutely everything to protect your child
This was my thought when I watched it. It felt to me she was still defending him because she was scared of admitting what he was really like, still doesn’t make what she did right though. 😔

• Sad
I worked in a children’s social services office for a long time; before & after I became a mother myself - the most shocking thing for me was the realisation that many people do not protect their children at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I worked in a children’s social services office for a long time; before & after I became a mother myself - the most shocking thing for me was the realisation that many people do not protect their children at all.
That’s heartbreaking. I’d die to protect my children, I just don’t understand those mothers/parents who wouldn’t, and even more, the ones who actively abuse their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well done you for doing this job... I genuinely don’t know how you coped . People like you are angels ❤

Reactions: 7
Well done you for doing this job... I genuinely don’t know how you coped . People like you are angels ❤
Oh goodness me I worked in a back office role, not client-facing. Many people started doing this then trained as a social worker - not me. I was on the same pay grade but no-one ever threatened to kill me like they often had. I couldn’t handle even a day doing it.

Reactions: 8
My ex boyfriends dad killed his first wife and buried her in the garden because he was in love with the babysitter....she was buried there for 17 years. 😔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I know a lady who is currently awaiting trial for the deaths of her 3 children in Dublin earlier this year. I am still haunted and so confused by what could possibly have happened for events to unfold the way they did. I just can't get my head around it. She was a fabulous nurse and totally normal lovely lady. You just don't know what is going on in some one else's life. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I know a lady who is currently awaiting trial for the deaths of her 3 children in Dublin earlier this year. I am still haunted and so confused by what could possibly have happened for events to unfold the way they did. I just can't get my head around it. She was a fabulous nurse and totally normal lovely lady. You just don't know what is going on in some one else's life. :cry:
I've just read about that, so very sad. X

Reactions: 1
Oh wow. That is shocking.

Sorry, I should have made it clear in my last post. I don't believe she was involved in the injuries of the child, but certainly the coverup of it and supporting and staying by her boyfriend. In my opinion as Buzzbee said, if my partner attacked or hurt our child I would not be visiting him in prison and sticking by his side. Yeah she may well have been scared of him, but he was serving a while in prison so she could come clear and get protection and a new life for when he came out. Sorry, but I'd do anything for my child when I have them. I mean the texts between her and him were dodgy as hell.

Reactions: 3