Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a lady who is currently awaiting trial for the deaths of her 3 children in Dublin earlier this year. I am still haunted and so confused by what could possibly have happened for events to unfold the way they did. I just can't get my head around it. She was a fabulous nurse and totally normal lovely lady. You just don't know what is going on in some one else's life. :cry:
I hadn’t heard about this case, how very sad.

I know a lady who is currently awaiting trial for the deaths of her 3 children in Dublin earlier this year. I am still haunted and so confused by what could possibly have happened for events to unfold the way they did. I just can't get my head around it. She was a fabulous nurse and totally normal lovely lady. You just don't know what is going on in some one else's life. :cry:
That's such a sad, sad case. I follow the husband on twitter. My heart goes out to that family.

Sorry, I should have made it clear in my last post. I don't believe she was involved in the injuries of the child, but certainly the coverup of it and supporting and staying by her boyfriend. In my opinion as Buzzbee said, if my partner attacked or hurt our child I would not be visiting him in prison and sticking by his side. Yeah she may well have been scared of him, but he was serving a while in prison so she could come clear and get protection and a new life for when he came out. Sorry, but I'd do anything for my child when I have them. I mean the texts between her and him were dodgy as hell.
Yeah I’d forgotten about the texts actually. I just felt that she came across so unconcerned about the baby and so unwilling to say anything against him. It’s so sad for the child.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Yeah I’d forgotten about the texts actually. I just felt that she came across so unconcerned about the baby and so unwilling to say anything against him. It’s so sad for the child.
That's what it came across like to me, it was all about making herself look innocent instead of how the child was. It's sad, I don't understand why anybody would want to harm a child.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I lived next door to a bloke who was murdered.

He was a bit of a loner and ended up selling drugs to the wrong people. They followed him home, tortured and beat him, tied him up then left him. They went back later for round two and found that he’d died.

They decided to set his house on fire and most of the street had to be evacuated due to the amount of accelerants and smoke.

The guys who killed him are still in prison. The house was bought about 5 years later and done up but the new owners still don’t live there

I also work in Public Protection for the Prison Service so I read and see some awful stuff on CPS documents

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

He was a bit of a loner and ended up selling drugs to the wrong people. They followed him home, tortured and beat him, tied him up then left him. They went back later for round two and found that he’d died.

They decided to set his house on fire and most of the street had to be evacuated due to the amount of accelerants and smoke.

The guys who killed him are still in prison. The house was bought about 5 years later and done up but the new owners still don’t live there

I also work in Public Protection for the Prison Service so I read and see some awful stuff on CPS documents
Oh that’s awful!

Thats awful. Did you hear anything unusual at the time with you saying you lived next door or was you out?

When I was 5 years old, my best friend at the time, her mum who was a nurse, stole insulin from work & killed my best friend, her 8 year old brother (who was my brothers best friend) & herself. Heartbreaking

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Two people, I was close to.

One was a Student nurse and friend of mine who was shot dead by an Ex Boyfriend who I also knew, and who was a Consultant Anaesthetist at the hospital we all worked at, and also ex-SAS. He shot her with a Kalashnikov.

The other is a girl I've known for years through my music. The case is still ongoing as she was murdered late last year in Leeds. That's still quite raw, and again I know the murderer, but am also a witness in the case, as I intervened in an altercation between the two a week before he killed her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
one of my grandmas bestfriends daughters got murdered by Robert Black. She’s a lovely woman, super quiet though. so heartbreaking

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Was this the lady found in the street by a taxi driver afterwards? Such a sad story

Yes. Grace Millane.

I followed this case really closely as it horrified me! So very sad. Awful that her private life was revealed in court and all that her parents and brothers had to sit through. It really affected me, I’m so sorry for your loss

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Was this the lady found in the street by a taxi driver afterwards? Such a sad story

Yes she was found disorientated and hospitalised for a number of days before being arrested. Presummed overdose I think. I think of her every single day. I wasn't friends with her, knew her in a professional capacity through her work but she was so good to me and so sensible and appeared so strong. It shows me that anyone, no matter who, can snap and do something horrific. It frightens me about the frailty of the human brain.

Gosh, so many very sad situations that people have described. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 5
A guy I knew murdered his mum. He was quiet in school but obviously the story was still shocking!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
A boy I knew aince I was young was murdered not long ago, only 17, so many people were against him and it was such a shocking and brutal murder. It broke my heart I think about him everyday

A boy I knew aince I was young was murdered not long ago, only 17, so many people were against him and it was such a shocking and brutal murder. It broke my heart I think about him everyday
Edit* by “against” I mean the people that did it to him, he was completely outnumbered including men old enough to be his grandad to boys younger than him :( he was such a lovely boy just got caught up in the wrong things

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
When I was at college a girl on a different course to me was raped and murdered by a man she met up with on the internet who had been posing as a teenage lad

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8