Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did, he was 11 when she killed him he had CP and was admitted to our local hospital
I wasn’t aware she killed anyone above an infant. That’s shocked me. It’s not common knowledge. Thanks, will read about this further.

edit: just read it, poor boy

• Heart
Reactions: 1
A lad I went to primary school with was murdered by Beverly Allit, she lived in the same village I did ☹
Now there is a complete psychopath. Incredibly manipulative and from all accounts, totally devoid of remorse.
---
In the last few years, there's been quite a few murders in my area, which have all been very shocking as it's in a quiet, safe area usually. 2 boys that were in the year below me got in to a fight with another boy in a pub, the boys dad stuck up for his son and was brutally kicked and punched to death. His killers have already been released.
A girl that I was in school with was just sentenced to 15 years in prison for stabbing her partner to death.
Another girl I was in school with, who had previously reached out for help with her mental health walked in to a co-op shop and stabbed a few people, she killed an elderly man who tried to help while his wife who had dementia was sat outside in the car waiting for him 😢😢
And another woman murdered her young child, she said the angels told her that if she did it, she'd come back alive, she killed her in the bath then set her on fire on a garden table in front of her other children. Horrific. The world can be a very scary and sad place.
Jesus! This is all horrific. In the UK?

Reactions: 2
When I was about five, my cousins best friend was abducted and killed by a neighbor. I didn’t know her well, but had been to her house a few times.
A guy I’d been in school with was murdered by his girlfriend and her lover and buried under the patio. His parents still live near me.
A woman I used to go riding with was strangled by her partner- he then hung her in a noose, took an overdose and left a note saying it was a suicide pact. He was found and saved, and did time for it. I think he may be out now. ☹
One of the barmaids in my local pub was killed by her husband.
And a woman I used to work with was found dead at the bottom of her stairs. It was ruled to be an accident because she had been drinking, but she was known to have a volatile and physical relationship with her husband so there has always been a sense that there may have been more to it.
All in the UK, and I don’t live in a particularly bad area.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Now there is a complete psychopath. Incredibly manipulative and from all accounts, totally devoid of remorse.
---

Jesus! This is all horrific. In the UK?
I know, awful. Yes all in the same area in Wales.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
A girl I went to school with was murdered when she was 21 by her ex bf. He stabbed her to death then took their newborn son in the pushchair and ran off but then changed his mind and left the baby in the puschair on the street and legged it. He was caught and is serving life. She was so happy to be a mum as she had previously had a stillbirth. I had only spoken to her a few days before on Facebook. This happened just over 10 years ago now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
A family member of mine was related through marriage to a guy who beat his wife to death with a baseball bat then staged it to look like a break in, went for a run then came back and "found" her. He got a couple of years for manslaughter due to diminished responsibility. I met him at a family do years later and he really didn't look like he had it in him to do something so horrific.

I also knew the family of a young lad who drowned in the river after being chased by a gang on a night out. It was an absolutely tragic case😔 the lads who chased him got off pretty much scot free😞

• Sad
  • Angry
A family member of mine was related through marriage to a guy who beat his wife to death with a baseball bat then staged it to look like a break in, went for a run then came back and "found" her. He got a couple of years for manslaughter due to diminished responsibility. I met him at a family do years later and he really didn't look like he had it in him to do something so horrific.

I also knew the family of a young lad who drowned in the river after being chased by a gang on a night out. It was an absolutely tragic case😔 the lads who chased him got off pretty much scot free😞
There was a case like the one you described of the river here in South Wales too years ago, he was found in the river the next morning, he'd jumped over a railing not realising how high the drop on the other side was. He was such a lovely boy and so popular, nobody was charged for it. Wondering if it was the same case.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
A woman that I went to school with was murdered by her husband about 18 months ago. My friend is a gossip and knows everything about everyone that we went to school with. She told me years ago that this woman had a violent husband and I think she had to flee a few times. Unfortunately I wasn’t surprised when she was named. I always expected it even though I can’t explain why.
He has schizophrenia apparently so claimed diminished responsibility. He got life and has to serve at least 10 years. He is sectioned I think so to me he isn’t being punished. They had 6 children and the youngest was about 1.

• Sad
  • Wow
I’ve found out today that someone I was seeing about 18 months ago has since murdered their ex partner. Obviously very shocked. Does anyone know of any support I could potentially reach out to? I obviously don’t qualify for victim’s support or anything like that, but just someone to talk to about the impact it’s having.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I’ve found out today that someone I was seeing about 18 months ago has since murdered their ex partner. Obviously very shocked. Does anyone know of any support I could potentially reach out to? I obviously don’t qualify for victim’s support or anything like that, but just someone to talk to about the impact it’s having.
Gosh you must be reeling 😔 Whilst I don’t think you meet their criteria if you give these guys a call they might be able to signpost you to a service.
https://samm.org.uk/

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What an awful shock. Be prepared for a knock on the door as the defence and the prosecution will often speak to ex partners to understand past behaviour and patterns of offending.

Could you speak to women’s aid or just ring victim support - I’m sure they’ll be extremely sympathetic xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
How awful, you must be stunned. The Samaritans are excellent listeners although they can’t give advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In the last few years, there's been quite a few murders in my area, which have all been very shocking as it's in a quiet, safe area usually. 2 boys that were in the year below me got in to a fight with another boy in a pub, the boys dad stuck up for his son and was brutally kicked and punched to death. His killers have already been released.
A girl that I was in school with was just sentenced to 15 years in prison for stabbing her partner to death.
Another girl I was in school with, who had previously reached out for help with her mental health walked in to a co-op shop and stabbed a few people, she killed an elderly man who tried to help while his wife who had dementia was sat outside in the car waiting for him 😢😢
And another woman murdered her young child, she said the angels told her that if she did it, she'd come back alive, she killed her in the bath then set her on fire on a garden table in front of her other children. Horrific. The world can be a very scary and sad place.
One of the women she stabbed in the shop was an old family friend. Lovely woman, thankfully she was absolutely fine 🙏🏻

• Heart
If you need a longer term support to process it then your local talking therapies service should be able to help. Google the name and “NHS talking therapies”, if it isn’t suitable they might be able to signpost to other places.

• Heart
If you need a longer term support to process it then your local talking therapies service should be able to help. Google the name and “NHS talking therapies”, if it isn’t suitable they might be able to signpost to other places.
Sorry should have said google the area name

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you all for your help. I’ve spoken to Women’s Aid and they’ve been amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
When I was was five I was sent to the shops to get milk, bread and fags for my mum. We were staying with a relative at the time. Young kids in the sixties were a little hardier than kids now so being sent out wasn’t abnormal.
I took a short cut across the park, after being expressly told not to. As it was full of tramps and drunks.
I saw a guy in the floor. His head was cleaved in two, yet his hat was still sort of on.. I could see his brain. It was very grey and clean, there was a pool of blood under his head and his eyes were open and he was looking up in the sky. I screamed and ran home. I got told off badly, and no one Called the police.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
A single mum and her son, around 3 year old, that I knew from a stay and play group I go to were both found dead recently. No idea how, I'm guessing a murder-suicide situation but really surprised it hasn't made local news at least. Really, really sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 15