Have you ever known someone who went missing or was murdered?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how those in witness protection cope. It must be so difficult not to be able to talk about your past.
Probably not well. Especially if you didn’t want to do it. I hope they get help along the way.
I found it weird when the people we know said they go to cemeteries and look for deceased babies/toddlers as they are the identities people likely chose as they have a legit DOB. Very very odd.

Reactions: 3
Probably not well. Especially if you didn’t want to do it. I hope they get help along the way.
I found it weird when the people we know said they go to cemeteries and look for deceased babies/toddlers as they are the identities people likely chose as they have a legit DOB. Very very odd.
DOB are changed tho. It’s all part of the process. X

• Wow
My husband’s cousin was murdered. I didn’t know her, it was 2 years before we got together, but she was living with a woman who’s ex partner was abusive and he came over and attacked the both of them with a baseball bat.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Can’t sleep and just found this thread and read through it all so now can’t sleep even more.

A girl who was a few years below me at school but I knew through extra-curricular clubs was killed by a drink driver when she was in her teens. So upsetting. They got the guy who did it and he ended up in prison.

When I was living in London I was up late reading and there was loads of shouting coming from outside but it’s London so was ignoring it until I heard someone shout “They’ve called the police” or something. Then I was like what the fuckkkk and looked out my window and saw people running backwards and forwards to someone on the opposite side of the road and thought “Has someone been stabbed?” Saw on the news the next morning that a young man had been stabbed and died and it had been his family running out to him. It was so sad and kind of messed me up for a bit.

Not missing or murder but this harpist that I knew (had been taught by her on a couple of harp courses and thought she was amazing) was sentenced a few years ago for sexually abusing a young boy many years ago. I 100% believe she’s guilty due to the fact that she was in prison for it, but hard to reconcile that with the person I knew. It made the news but I’m not really sure how big the story actually was because in Harp World (in the UK at least) she was immensely famous but I think less so outside of those circles.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Can’t sleep and just found this thread and read through it all so now can’t sleep even more.

A girl who was a few years below me at school but I knew through extra-curricular clubs was killed by a drink driver when she was in her teens. So upsetting. They got the guy who did it and he ended up in prison.

When I was living in London I was up late reading and there was loads of shouting coming from outside but it’s London so was ignoring it until I heard someone shout “They’ve called the police” or something. Then I was like what the fuckkkk and looked out my window and saw people running backwards and forwards to someone on the opposite side of the road and thought “Has someone been stabbed?” Saw on the news the next morning that a young man had been stabbed and died and it had been his family running out to him. It was so sad and kind of messed me up for a bit.

Not missing or murder but this harpist that I knew (had been taught by her on a couple of harp courses and thought she was amazing) was sentenced a few years ago for sexually abusing a young boy many years ago. I 100% believe she’s guilty due to the fact that she was in prison for it, but hard to reconcile that with the person I knew. It made the news but I’m not really sure how big the story actually was because in Harp World (in the UK at least) she was immensely famous but I think less so outside of those circles.
I'm awake late also as can't sleep.

So sorry to hear your stories...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My ex boss is in prison for murdering his wife, they never found her body but evidence of blood etc was found in his car. He still says he didn’t do it. There was a documentary a couple of years ago about it on TV. It was very weird hearing his voice talking to the reporter from prison. He refuses to do a lie detector test or admit anything to this day. Very odd. He was a fab boss I have to say and we got on really well and I was absolutely amazed when the story broke.
Glyn Razzell? Watched the documentary on Netflix at the weekend. Very convincing. Interesting his children don’t speak to him. He sounded genuine but when he seemed to think she’d just ran off to spite him. He was all for lie detector and then refused to do it. Been refused parole due to Helen’s law and not saying where body is x

Reactions: 5
Glyn Razzell? Watched the documentary on Netflix at the weekend. Very convincing. Interesting his children don’t speak to him. He sounded genuine but when he seemed to think she’d just ran off to spite him. He was all for lie detector and then refused to do it. Been refused parole due to Helen’s law and not saying where body is x
Yes, Glyn was my boss! Absolutely shocked beyond belief when the story broke, just could not believe it. This is the bloke who was my partner in the work darts matches, did my appraisals, got drunk at Xmas parties with, etc etc. Just shocking and I still don’t know what to think about it all.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Yes, Glyn was my boss! Absolutely shocked beyond belief when the story broke, just could not believe it. This is the bloke who was my partner in the work darts matches, did my appraisals, got drunk at Xmas parties with, etc etc. Just shocking and I still don’t know what to think about it all.
I just Googled him and will read up on it but the first thing that came up was that he was recently denied parole. The reason - he wouldn't reveal where her body is, although he said he can't tell them something he doesn't know.
I then thought "imagine he is innocent, how the duck is he supposed to tell them where she is" This is why I want to read up on it now because if he did admit it and revealed where she is, he would be a free man now

Reactions: 11
I think it’s really easy to forget about all the relationships these people have and the trauma their crimes have. I really believed he could be innocent until he refused the lie detector and then the blood evidence.

Must have been so hard on you. X
---
I just Googled him and will read up on it but the first thing that came up was that he was recently denied parole. The reason - he wouldn't reveal where her body is, although he said he can't tell them something he doesn't know.
I then thought "imagine he is innocent, how the duck is he supposed to tell them where she is" This is why I want to read up on it now because if he did admit it and revealed where she is, he would be a free man now
Helen’s law regarding the disclosure of body. X

Reactions: 4
I think it’s really easy to forget about all the relationships these people have and the trauma their crimes have. I really believed he could be innocent until he refused the lie detector and then the blood evidence.

Must have been so hard on you. X
---
Touching on this, I've just finished watching The Long Shadow, about Peter Sutcliffe and more importantly his victims. Obviously an incredibly (in)famous case but I thought the drama was really good as it concentrated on the women he killed and the effect his offences had on the families and the women who survived his attacks. It also highlighted the attitudes of the police at that time and the balls up they made of the investigation which was horrifying.

Reactions: 10
Wow - I never knew this. This is really quite creepy.

Reactions: 1
A woman was murdered round the corner from where I lived as a teenager, in West London. I remember cycling home from school and passing a filming of a reconstruction of her last walk home. I got a job in a café and one of the waitresses was the murdered woman’s cousin.

The police never found the murderer. Even though this was in West London, they suspected later it might have been the Yorkshire Ripper, as it was on his lorry routes and Sonia’s sister lived a few miles away.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
A woman was murdered round the corner from where I lived as a teenager, in West London. I remember cycling home from school and passing a filming of a reconstruction of her last walk home. I got a job in a café and one of the waitresses was the murdered woman’s cousin.

The police never found the murderer. Even though this was in West London, they suspected later it might have been the Yorkshire Ripper, as it was on his lorry routes and Sonia’s sister lived a few miles away.
He's though to be responsible for quite a few unsolved murders. How tragic for the woman and her family.

I once went out for a run. If I'd gone out 5 minutes later I would have witnessed someone being stabbed

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yes very tragic for the woman and for her family.

Its a moment’s gratification for the murderer but the family and friends left behind have to live with the terrible sadness of their loved one’s death for the rest of their lives.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I once went out for a run. If I'd gone out 5 minutes later I would have witnessed someone being stabbed
In a similar vein, I was at the bottom of the street at the exact time Derek Bird was shooting one of his victims, had I not turned off the main road, there's a good chance he could have got me too.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
In a similar vein, I was at the bottom of the street at the exact time Derek Bird was shooting one of his victims, had I not turned off the main road, there's a good chance he could have got me too.
We’re semi-local to one another if you weren’t there on holiday.
hello 👋

Reactions: 1
We’re semi-local to one another if you weren’t there on holiday.
hello 👋
Hi! I don't live in the west of the county, was visiting my parents who do but I'm still nearby. That was a wild time, right? Dopey as I am, I had no clue that was a gun I was hearing and refused to believe my parents when they called to say stay inside and lock the doors because there's a gunman on the loose.

Hi! I don't live in the west of the county, was visiting my parents who do but I'm still nearby. That was a wild time, right? Dopey as I am, I had no clue that was a gun I was hearing and refused to believe my parents when they called to say stay inside and lock the doors because there's a gunman on the loose.
It was awful. On the day it happened my very sensitive, at the time 13 year old, was meant to be going on a week long school activity trip (all meeting in Keswick for the coach).
All the way there he kept saying I don’t feel good, I don’t want to go, something bad is going to happen. He’d never refused a trip away from us before.
By the time we got to Keswick he was adamant he wasn’t going. I tried to encourage him. I tried to bribe him. We chatted. The teacher tried. And I wondered if maybe he was being bullied and couldn’t say.
So we drove all the way back to where we lived at the time. As we were on our way up the A66 it came in the radio news and he burst out crying (he was / and still is definitely not a cryer). Somehow, he seemed to pick up the bad energy of that day.
Needless to say, we went home and stayed in for the rest of day.
It was shocking and devastating.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
It was awful. On the day it happened my very sensitive, at the time 13 year old, was meant to be going on a week long school activity trip (all meeting in Keswick for the coach).
All the way there he kept saying I don’t feel good, I don’t want to go, something bad is going to happen. He’d never refused a trip away from us before.
By the time we got to Keswick he was adamant he wasn’t going. I tried to encourage him. I tried to bribe him. We chatted. The teacher tried. And I wondered if maybe he was being bullied and couldn’t say.
So we drove all the way back to where we lived at the time. As we were on our way up the A66 it came in the radio news and he burst out crying (he was / and still is definitely not a cryer). Somehow, he seemed to pick up the bad energy of that day.
Needless to say, we went home and stayed in for the rest of day.
It was shocking and devastating.
Wow, I can totally believe he sensed something! This is probably going to make me sound like a complete crazy person, but I'm a meditator and have been for years before and after. When I was meditating that morning, I had a totally weird experience where my body was literally vibrating with energy and I had these weird waves of melancholy coming over me. Never had that kind of thing before or after! Could be pure coincidence, I know, but in my mind the two are linked somehow.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13