Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PaddyDomino

The most I've ever won was about £70, back in the late '90s. I matched four numbers.
I had actually had a dream where I was looking at a lottery ticket but I could only remember four of the numbers on it when I woke up!
So I started using those four numbers and, sure enough, matched four numbers a few weeks later 😮
If only I could have remembered all six! 😅
I keep hoping I'll have a similar dream but never have since!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

Cantdecide

Someone I knew from the pub won about £6 million, they moved out of the area, no idea what they’re doing now.
Friends parents won £1 million, they treated all family members (huge family), my friend still in same job just drives a Range Rover and has a comfortable life.
Hubbys colleague won postcode lottery, couldn’t of happened to a nicer couple, got just enough to be able to pay mortgage off and both retire a few years early.

You sound like you’re talking from experience... I’m Hocky, nice to meet you 😇 Need a new friend?
Love this! But I’m defo not a lottery winner and have always thought the same thing…keep your cards close to your chest 😂

• Haha

DuckDuck

VIP Member
I imagine no matter how much you give some people it would never be enough. I’d be so tempted to keep the win to myself and emigrate without telling anyone 😂
You’ve just described my family 😂.
id definitely emigrate to Spain or somewhere warm

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
I know someone who won about £80k on online bingo and then won another £50k a few months after. They used it for a deposit on a lovely house.

My friends mum won the pools back in 80s. I can’t remember how much but it was way before the lottery began and it was an amazing amount of money.

My uncle used to play the Irish lottery and was won about 8 4 figure amounts. I seem to think they’ve change the format and be stopped playing.

Reactions: 2

Someone I went to school with...her family won 72 million.
Wow!! I know they’re day to day way of life has obviously changed but, if have they as people? Meaning their attitudes?
Too be honest if I won that amount I’d actually be frightened! I wouldn’t tell anyone, other than close family, and I’d have to give at least half of it away to charities or good causes, just to make my life easier. If that makes sense!

Wow!! I know they’re day to day way of life has obviously changed but, if have they as people? Meaning their attitudes?
Too be honest if I won that amount I’d actually be frightened! I wouldn’t tell anyone, other than close family, and I’d have to give at least half of it away to charities or good causes, just to make my life easier. If that makes sense!
*their not they’re 🤦🏼‍♀️

rivermonster

VIP Member
Never tell a soul ... honestly, even the most trustworthy of friends will either expect money from you, or blabber to others.

The best thing you can do is, meet with a financial advisor. Go to someone who knows what they're doing - someone who specifically mentions that they deal with lottery / inheritance amounts. If it takes time to find someone like that, then put the money on term deposit at the bank for six or 12 months. Don't put it in your everyday transaction account.

Hold off buying anything to begin with - sure, treat yourself with some new clothes or a night away somewhere - but be cautious about drawing attention to yourself.
Is this advice from person experience of a big win ?

sasuss

A relative of a relative won around £30 million. He turned into an absolute prick apparently, mind you everybody disliked him before he got rich, however he was always very nice to me, my brother couldn't stand him back before he was rich but dislikes him more now. I've only heard stories about him and none of them good (I only see him at family events, maximum 3 times a year) like I said he's always been nothing but nice to me, even when I'm avoiding him he always makes the effort to find me and my husband, asks about us all, spends a good 30 mins chatting away to us, just normal down to earth kind of stuff. I remember the initial 12 months of him winning everybody was fawning over him as time went by, they all had nothing but horrible things to say about him.

Don't know who to believe, my brother is generally a miserable git doesn't like many people, others probably didn't get what they wanted out him so maybe that's why the say nasty things about him. But, they also spend more time with him, more than I ever have, so they might be right.

Felix08

Chatty Member
I won 1000 once, put it in savings

The only thing I would really want is a new House in a nice part of town. I will tell people that Ive won enough to buy the house but wont tell them how much Ive won. See how many real friends I have after that.

An ex-work colleague inherited about £250k and deliberately spent it all on holidays and shopping with her husband and son. Fair enough, you might think, but she CONTINUALLY complained about work. She probably could have had a few years off with that at the time - or even retired early!
Bonkers mind set some people have!

Reactions: 1

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
Funny you should mention that! I found out last week that my brothers friends won £450,000 on a roulette online game. He won it 8 years ago and has nothing to show for it…it’s all gone. He didn’t even buy a house. I don’t think you’d ever get over wasting money like that!
An ex-work colleague inherited about £250k and deliberately spent it all on holidays and shopping with her husband and son. Fair enough, you might think, but she CONTINUALLY complained about work. She probably could have had a few years off with that at the time - or even retired early!

• Wow

Zozo

I won 191 quid on online bingo the other week, brought myself a takeaway to celebrate lol x

• Heart

boomska

Chatty Member
My ex won 100K on a scratch card when I was with him.
He was already well off-ish already. So yeah 🤷🏼‍♀️

That was exactly what I was thinking as well, honestly the £1700 was all spent towards bring a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding 🙄 I should have said no an just spent it on me 😂
Bloody too right you should’ve! I’d send your brother an invoice 😂