Harry Styles - I can’t be the only person who doesn’t like him.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone saying “he ate”… yeah he ate the grinch
No ordinary person would wear this on the street, or on a runway. He’s just putting on any old tit because he wants to pass as ‘different’ and ‘unique’ when in actual reality he just looks stupid. This is a straight man through and through.

Reactions: 8
I’m really quite sad to see Harry morph into the person he currently is. I really don’t think that’s his true authentic self. His entire image is so manufactured and fake now. The sad part is his songs and song writing are actually really good. He’s vocally great too but his unnecessary copycat flamboyance distracts from that.

This latest beauty line has to be the ugliest cash grab I’ve seen in a long time. I saw so many non us fans posting screenshots of OBSENE shipping pricing where the shipping was significantly more than the product. I can’t imagine it’s such an amazing product it’s justifiable for the price yet his rabid dumbass teenage fans will eat it up and proclaim it’s the best nail varnish that has ever and will ever exist.

He’s also basically abandoned the uk these days and fucked the fans off here for his much more lucrative American fans. He’s not the same person he was when he was in 1D he’s not the same cheeky Cheshire lad anymore.

Reactions: 9
My teenagers will not hear a word against him. I think it is odd he is just wheeled out like a mannequin now and then. Like who is the real Harry? I suppose this mystery is part of his marketing ploy

Reactions: 5
I’m really quite sad to see Harry morph into the person he currently is. I really don’t think that’s his true authentic self. His entire image is so manufactured and fake now. The sad part is his songs and song writing are actually really good. He’s vocally great too but his unnecessary copycat flamboyance distracts from that.

This latest beauty line has to be the ugliest cash grab I’ve seen in a long time. I saw so many non us fans posting screenshots of OBSENE shipping pricing where the shipping was significantly more than the product. I can’t imagine it’s such an amazing product it’s justifiable for the price yet his rabid dumbass teenage fans will eat it up and proclaim it’s the best nail varnish that has ever and will ever exist.

He’s also basically abandoned the uk these days and fucked the fans off here for his much more lucrative American fans. He’s not the same person he was when he was in 1D he’s not the same cheeky Cheshire lad anymore.
100% agree with you. Even my daughter who’s a huge fan said ‘I’m not sure how I feel about Harry anymore. I don’t even want to talk about it I feel that annoyed’ 😂 I spoke some truths about him to her recently saying he’s abandoned his UK fans, he’s all for the US, I mean does he ever bother to see his mother? I know we don’t know his personal side, but is he ever over here? His image is all to be different and it’s so fake, he’s all for his movies now and living the US life with his new woman. He’s not the cheeky nice Harry from Cheshire anymore, far from it. He doesn’t interact with fans at all. Also his fake American accent does my swede in.

My teenagers will not hear a word against him. I think it is odd he is just wheeled out like a mannequin now and then. Like who is the real Harry? I suppose this mystery is part of his marketing ploy
Exactly this too. He just comes out from under his rock whenever he wants to promote something. He’s so private now he doesn’t let his fans interact with him online. He never posts unless it’s for marketing. He deserves a private life of course but his fans get nothing from him in between a movie release, a tour or music coming out, it’s not right.

Reactions: 6
My daughter has had tickets for about 2 years. She won’t give up any hope of him actually doing the concert finally! I said Harry is dressed as a sugar snap pea. She wasn’t happy 😂

• Haha
His image is SO contrived I imagine it takes a committee several weeks to sign off each stupid outfit.

Reactions: 12
His image is SO contrived I imagine it takes a committee several weeks to sign off each stupid outfit.
This is my impression of him too - a completely stage-managed image and nothing seems authentic whatsoever

I know this is the case with all big stars, but as someone just interested in pop culture in general (rather than a die-hard fan of anyone), I have an idea of what say Adele and Lady Gaga are like, personality-wise, because that comes across in their image and 'brand'. With Harry Styles - nothing, not a clue. Just a fairly good looking bloke with a stylist

people cling on to his personality from the 1d days as if it's still the way he is now when in reality they have NO idea what type of person he is now. absolutely no idea. he just wanders on twitter twice a year to tweet treat people with kindness and promote his album and that's all the contact they have with him. his insta isn't normal in the slightest. all the other boys have photos of them being normal and just doing normal everyday things. not just magazine photoshoots and concert photos and tour advertisements.

Reactions: 8
Theres something a bit try hard and inauthentic about him. He doesn’t have the beauty of a young Bowie to dress and act the way he does and he knows it, he looks like Lily Allen.
If Bowie auditioned for X Factor at 16 then there would have been some indication of what was to come (like the song choice or the personality or even a bit of nail varnish) but Harry was just like a normal cute 16 year old boy. I think very powerful people in the industry clocked how popular he was when 1D first became big and have created this persona and look for him. I don’t doubt that he does like 70s music and he’s inspired by it but this look is so contrived.

Honestly I think Zayn would have carried this look off better. He looks like a high fashion model.

Reactions: 10
his insta isn't normal in the slightest. all the other boys have photos of them being normal and just doing normal everyday things. not just magazine photoshoots and concert photos and tour advertisements.
I think that’s all part of the image too, to be seen as some sort of otherworldly being and not a normal guy. If he was on Instagram Stories making pasta for tea or slobbing around in a tracksuit, it would make Harry Styles, the gender-bending style icon make even less sense than it does already.

I think that’s all part of the image too, to be seen as some sort of otherworldly being and not a normal guy. If he was on Instagram Stories making pasta for tea or slobbing around in a tracksuit, it would make Harry Styles, the gender-bending style icon make even less sense than it does already.
yep but it makes it even more frustrating when his fans try to say stuff like "he would never do this" or "he would never support that" because they don't know he wouldn't do this things bc they have absolutely no insight into his personal life.

Reactions: 4
hes selling nail polishes (most basic colors ever) for $20 each. they also look like buttplugs so its worth it if you're gonna use it for that purpose too
and u know he did this on purpose like he named one "the pleasing pen"if u real the description of the products it's all sexual. he's a sex addict

Reactions: 3
and u know he did this on purpose like he named one "the pleasing pen"if u real the description of the products it's all sexual. he's a sex addict
I thought when I saw the varnishes and the link to click on that said 'Pleasing' I thought genuinely they were butt plugs that he'd been paid to promote

This was the only Pic where he looked good 🤷‍♀️
Edit: I just saw the socks & shoes situation… nvm
What on earth has he let the stylists do to him 😭 my favourite phase was 'headband Harry' in the 1D days before he started growing his hair long. He's just so far off from who he used to be, and I get that he's grown up but he's just a robot now tbh.

He will never be in the same league as Bowie or anyone from that era! It's all just marketing to make him look cool and mysterious when in reality he's just like all the other boys.

I think Zayn is far more interesting in a messed up kind of way! Don't like any of them though really, too old for 1D was all about Another Level in my day 🤣

This tiktok expresses a lot of the gripes I have with him atm and it’s sad because I used to be such a huge fan but he really has lost his way

Reactions: 12
I’m a fan of Harry (going off him a bit now) but Christ almighty what is that photoshoot? He looks like a right knobhead. And I’m sure they’ve elongated his neck/body too. He just looks odd.

100% agree with you. Even my daughter who’s a huge fan said ‘I’m not sure how I feel about Harry anymore. I don’t even want to talk about it I feel that annoyed’ 😂 I spoke some truths about him to her recently saying he’s abandoned his UK fans, he’s all for the US, I mean does he ever bother to see his mother? I know we don’t know his personal side, but is he ever over here? His image is all to be different and it’s so fake, he’s all for his movies now and living the US life with his new woman. He’s not the cheeky nice Harry from Cheshire anymore, far from it. He doesn’t interact with fans at all. Also his fake American accent does my swede in.

Exactly this too. He just comes out from under his rock whenever he wants to promote something. He’s so private now he doesn’t let his fans interact with him online. He never posts unless it’s for marketing. He deserves a private life of course but his fans get nothing from him in between a movie release, a tour or music coming out, it’s not right.
His mum lives in the same village as me near Warrington. Apparently she’s been to London to see him once a few months ago but he hasn’t been up north for years. It’s sad it seems he’s completely forgotten his roots.

there's just something about him that shows how disingenuous this entire camp image is. one look and you can tell that it's a farce.
everyone needs to stop comparing him to prince & bowie, who were effortless & genuine in their dress sense, but seems like all that comparison is going to his head (or his team's head) and they're becoming more and more desperate to make him stand out from other male artists. this is literally his only selling point - they've tried their damndest to move away from the womanizer image and i guess this is what they chose.

The trouble is that it's all been done before which is why his image seems so disingenuous. As for the beauty line, at this point I don't like the name nor understand the meaning behind it. The interview is awful, he comes across as a bit dumb and inarticulate. He actually has a quick wit. The photos are gorgeous. It just seems like he's now jumping on the beauty bandwagon because it's proven to be a huge money spinner for many others with a brand to hawk. He interacts beautifully with fans during his live shows but I think they need to rethink the lack of interaction on social media. The days of the Michael Jackson's and the Prince's are long gone and I don't think the fans care for the untouchable image. His manager is the son of a well know music manager and I'm sure he is guided by what was done in the 70's and 80's. Times have changed.