Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mothballs

We live in a world of impatience.
People demand spoilers. They want to know what happens now. They cannot wait and watch a story as it unfolds. They must know everything now.
Then when a season ends, they binge watch the box sets.
Many years ago I was speaking to a psychologist and she told me children’s brains are being rewired due to what she termed as instant gratification. In olden days we had no choice but to be patient as shops closed early and if we wanted information we would have to go to the library. Now with the internet and search engines everything is there almost instantly.
I have a good feeling about Catherine. In my old life I was a nurse and during abdominal surgery organs get pushed around. I just want her to return when she is ready however long it takes.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57

Plantagenet

VIP Member
DM Beckhams banking ... Harkles tanking..

"The disparity is perhaps due in part to the fact that fans who had tuned into Harry and Meghan's docuseries hoping for insight and intimacy were instead left tired by their relentlessly, 'woe is me' tone. Viewers complained about the couple's self-absorption and the fact that for all their enviable privilege they seemed to do nothing but bemoan their lot.

In stark contrast 'Beckham' was a show that left viewers uplifted by the Beckham's family life, relationship and work ethic. Fans raved at the couple's 'resilience,' and marvelled at Beckham's self-effacing grit and ambition.

This was a couple viewers could get behind, where Harry and Meghan were a couple viewers could leave behind."
I know many here don't like the Becks, but I find them more than tolerable. I admire them for their family and that skinny little Vicky pumped out four children. The fact that she wanted a daughter and was willing to do what it takes well after her youngest boy was born, was very impressive to me. When she had her limited TV show, I watched it and enjoyed it. Yes, he probably cheated the pants off of her with other women. Yes she has lost a ton of his money with her absurd collection of clothing that will only fit a toothpick. Yes the son's wedding was a circus and the son is a clown. In the end though, they are not horrible people and they get along and don't diss each other to death. He is probably as deserving of a knighthood as Bob Geldorf who did some pretty awful things in his time.

• Heart

Chita

VIP Member
We live in a world of impatience.
People demand spoilers. They want to know what happens now. They cannot wait and watch a story as it unfolds. They must know everything now.
Then when a season ends, they binge watch the boxed set.

Luckily William sees the big picture. Catherine also.
They are sensible and can say no.

If Catherine would like to make a public appearance,
then stepping onto the balcony at Buckingham palace would be perfect.
She can't be seen walking about, and cannot be scrutinised too closely because the balcony itself would mostly hide her.
The kids could all stand in front of her so we would only see her from the waist up.
And she wouldn't need to be there long.

Personally, I think she should stay behind closed doors for as long as possible and everyone needs to be patient.

The Harkles are an irritating pair creating an infernal noise to get attention.
But as the saying goes, "give 'em enough rope and they will hang themselves."

• Heart

D. A.

VIP Member
Well that had the Markle staying power, if true 😂

A flicker of criticism and she's off 😂
Screenshot_20240605-163022.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
home-is-where-the-pr-opportunity-is-i-suppose-swipe-to-see-v0-9xv1512ge54d1.jpg

Apparently 'Adetokunbo' is a common Yoruba name for people born overseas. Used imported cars were called Tokunbo cars in Nigeria.
I don't think it's the high honour Meghan thinks it it is 😄

Why was her letter leaked on the Internet and why wasn't Harold mentioned 🫠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

ChipDex

VIP Member
@Cinnamon.girl Apparently Paramount's just been sold. So things might change there. Robbins may well leave at some point.

And :ROFLMAO:

The Sean vs Hazbeen stuff rolls on.

I understand Sean also Executive-Produced an Oscar-winning film as well. Which is more than the Harkles have managed. Nor are they likely to. Somehow I can't quite see Meet Me At The Lake doing it for them.

Screenshot_20240603-200914_kindlephoto-284976974.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Debra_Whinger

I've been enjoying Sean Ono Lennon's replies to the Sussex Squad who still keep attacking him for his tweet.

The original tweet Sean replied here has been removed but someone took a screen shot.

1717279443973.png

I don't know if I'm more disturbed by the fact someone actually wished he was assassinated or the fact they think John Lennon gave birth to Sean 🤨🤪😅 The Sussex Squad are next level woke obviously 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

Safcfootienut

Exactly that. She's a mother of 3 young children Her focus needs to be on her recovery, and family time. I don't need or want to know the ins and outs - she has every right to her privacy at the moment. Look forward to seeing her back when she is well.
Some people could do with following her example of Privacy !
I agree totally. Catherine is in a catch 22 situation. If she goes public and looks very different to how we remember her we'll get nutters screaming she's a disgrace going out looking unpolished or she's dying or whatever. She is under immense public scrutiny and I don't blame her for waiting and healing in private and doing what she needs to do for her family and herself to feel comfortable before resuming public duties. She owes us nothing!

• Heart

Who’sYerDaddy

VIP Member
i don't post often but you're living in an alternate reality-- could write a book on all of the stuff that the orange con has done but let's hit a few of your points:
-immigration- the bipartisan bill to stem influx of immigrants also included a measure to assess asylum immidiately at the border by increased agents as opposed to the current laxity whch allows them to stay in the country for years until they can gget an asylum hearing arranged. the reason the bill did not pass was because T instructed his GOPhers to kill it so that he could use it in his campaigns.
-lack of freedom under Biden?? what about destroying the reproductive freedoms of women. mifepristone (morning after pill) is being banned in some states & there is GOPher support for banning contraception in general which is affecting ALL women, not just pro-choice supporters. in red states, OBs are leaving in droves & fewer med students are going into training for OB?GYN residencies because politicians are making health care decisions, instead of experts.
-the economy- the US is actually doing better than most countries after the pandemic.
-corruption- Trump made lots of money from dignitaries staying in his DC hotel; he still charges us taxpayers for Secret Service per diem rates which are about 5X the accepted rate. his kids raked in millions over his years in office and Jared is still making sweet billion dollar deals off of his father's name.... oh, but let's look at Hunter's lap-top??? pulleeaasseee.... and don't forget that he attempted a coup & incited violence & will undoubtably do so again....
-foreign relations-- T is a fascist and loves authoritarians... he claims he only wants to be a dictator for "a day" but all signs show that he would likely pull-out of NATO, leaving Putin to march on other countries, China to take on Taiwan
-military- he referred to those who served as "suckers and losers" & has insulted the military in many ways, including his insults to John McCain
-Project 2025- is a plan drawn up by his cohorts which would gut the DOJ, the Constitution and democracy... & if you read his Time Mag. interview, he plans to use the military to raid states and deport immigrants or temp place them in detention camps

i could go on all night.... most of his Cabinet say that he is unfit for office, that he is unintelligent/moronic & didn't even read daily briefings.... the Markle gossip sites have a reputation for being MAGA/right-wing leaning but realize that there are some participants who are deeply offended by non-reality/MAGA-cult conspiracy theories...
It’s apparent you follow the blanketed narrative of the MSM & merely echo back the lies you’re fed. I’m sad you are blinded by those lies and cannot see what is happening not just in our country but around the globe. We are obviously polar opposites in our politics, but politics aside? If you cannot see the global corruption unfolding before you, then you will be in for a huge and rude awakening when every freedom you’ve ever know & enjoyed is completely gone. I am done engaging with you, but I sincerely wish you well.
#Harry&MeghanSuck!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
SO Hazno isn't attending the society wedding of the year due to 'challenges of him being there'. The challenges being: NO CUNT WANTS YOU THERE.

• Haha
  • Heart

ChipDex

VIP Member
Our media may be crying salty tears, but nobody else missed old Hazbeen today.

All the RF who've taken part have done so with dignity. No inappropriate romper suits in sight. JMO but maybe Invictus should take note about how it's done when you're there for the veterans, not for PR.

Screenshot_20240606-172230_kindlephoto-414856262.png

Last edited:
  • Heart

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
I wonder how angry henry is, the fact charlie boy and william are out doing all these d day events and hes stuck at home with the nagging wife

• Haha
  • Heart

Mothballs

Yup, Smeg is a carbon copy....View attachment 2971046
I’m currently reading a biography of King George VI and just finished the chapter about the abdication and the Windsor’s attempts to do faux royal tours shortly after even though they had promised to lay low for 2 years to allow the monarch to settle into his role. It was mentioned that the Duke of Windsor had a mental age of 15. Older than the Harkles arrested development which people think is about 12 years old. The similarities between the Windsors and the Harkles is uncanny.

• Heart

PurvyPanda

VIP Member
Much like we reiterate that we blame Ashley Cole, I also like to repost this from time to time.

November 2017 - I watched Gogglebox watching the engagement video, which set so many tongues off wagging. I was shocked by what Stephen said and that it was actually broadcast. I felt vindicated that my same suspicions were being echoed publicly and on National television.

Get past the slight misogyny and xenophobia - it was the "I reckon she's trouble" that got me. It was unbelievable. It was as if the whole pretence of this woman being 'a breath of fresh air' and 'modernising the Royal Family' was blown out the water because people were saying what they really saw - which was a hustler.

I'm also posting this because as much as I suspected she was going to be trouble and Stephen was 100% right, I had no idea just how much trouble she was going to be. It has really blown my mind how crazy this woman is and how much trouble she has caused.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
Not so much an unpopular opinion but one that could be more balanced. Are you talking about the legal definition of racism or any one of the various definitions adopted by a large number of formal or informal groups, organisations, campaigns, charities, neighbourhoods, educators etc.?
The Equalities Act makes it unlawful to discriminate against anyone in the UK on the basis of their race or ethnicity.

Most certainly white people can and do experience discrimination on the basis of their race or ethnicity.
The bottom line is that we're all flawed human beings, all sometimes prone to our clannish preferences. Human beings are a work in progress and, regardless of our skin colour, we have far more in common than not.
From @Pepote 's post
"Leave interpreting racism to the experts, the non-whites who actually experience it."
Been there done that, and the result we now have turds like Shouty Shola and Ngozi Fulani who took advantage and styled themselves "race experts". The Ho is one and so's Missionary Position Harriman. Omid Scobie, Christopher Bouzy...
The calibre of these titans is breathtaking.

I don't know how one qualifies to be a "race expert" but it sounds like someone po-faced snuffling out trouble like truffles and looking for problems.

Susan Hussey was a victim of racism in a nasty sting, but maybe she doesn't count cos she is white and the con-woman here was a POC who will only allow her charity to help abused women if they are black. Ngozi is one of the experts experiencing racism that you mention I suppose. I bet Chuck gave her a donation to smooth her ruffled dreadlocks.

Instead of dealing with issues rationally and fairly these "experts" hijacked the issue of race for their own political ends and have given themselves a bad name. They shout down anyone who disagrees with them and anyone who disagrees with them is branded a "racist". These aren't experts, just common troublemakers.

That's their problem now not ours. Left to ourselves were not racist but are polite and tolerant of everyone including irritating white people imo.
It's the way we are, we're really old. That's where our live-and-let live comes from, and it's genuine. You can see it on this thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
About Catherine, mum's faced judgement like @SunsetBeach did, still does. This is a woman whose severe Caeliac went undiagnosed for more than a decade and had showed up at the hospital with haemoglobin levels lower than 7 (anaemia is one of the symptoms/effects of Caeliac). Her digestive system was absorbing almost zero nutrition. And then having abusive narcs on all sides of the family and friends etc where the abuse still continues. I don't look even one/millionth as bad, although one can see the signs of strain on my face now and I've never really had the chance to properly groom myself and have a "glow-up", but I get so much shit talked about my appearance. It hurts when we can't do much about it. It's not like a face pack or two is going to fix it all 🤷

But larger picture, we are nobodies. Catherine is already scrutinised 24×7 across the globe, her flaws highlighted and even created out of thin air. She definitely doesn't need the nonsense, especially with children (Charlotte might pick up body image issues, or one or both of the boys might learn to impose such "beauty standards" on women). She's not just a pretty public figure, she's the future Queen and is raising the future King and his siblings, which I'd say is a far more sensitive and crucial task than attending engagements and appeasing those who wish to make money off her or scratch their own bitching itch. If Covid has taught us anything, it is that we can do a lot of good work from virtually anywhere. Not all tasks, but enough to keep the world ticking over.

As a lovely character in a film explaind in the context of brides burnt for dowry - when a woman goes through something so horrific, even her own family members tend to leave her for dead. And the pain of burning is such that no one but the sufferer can imagine. Not just the physical pain, but the mental/emotional as well. The same goes for sufferers of anything malady, any gender or age.

So even those who are complaining that they didn't get to take time off or were in a worse position yet <insert great feat> need to shut their faces and go hang out with the Kween of Single Tear Left Eye Go, who cried about not being asked if she was okay in the middle of one of the poorest places.

Yes, I'll bring her up here and I'll bring that senseless act of hers because unlike her, Catherine is not running around demanding sympathy and special treatment. She's just politely asking to be left alone to heal but Smegs and Sparry and their rabid fans can't even let her have that. Cunts 😤

• Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I certainly don't think that KC3 and Camilla should be providing DNA samples for these weirdos. That man Simon in Australia is a nutter and when you've provided a sample for one claimant then a whole load of others will miraculously appear.
The man in Oz claims that Camilla is his mum but I'm sure she'd remember if she'd given birth to a baby and left the child in Australia 😁

• Haha
  • Heart

Regina2071

Simon D-D has presented his case through the Australian legal system to obtain permission to seek DNA testing. He won his case. C & C have refused DNA testing. He does not want to be King, just an acknowledgement of his parentage (or not).
There is one way to put this to bed once & for all.
If someone came out of the woodwork claiming to be my child, when I categorically knew there was no way, and let's face it, a woman couldn't not know, then I'd be loathe to be DNA tested, and as King and Queen, I think the protection of their DNA is a vital security issue.

• Heart