Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TickTickTick

View attachment 2949561

You might note, as I have now just done, that there are many discussions online about this figure appearing in this painting.

I'm wondering if you might find a History of Art course interesting? Artists have been using this ancient figure (and many other meaningful figures and symbols) since the middle ages. Also since that time, artists have been deliberately manipulating our perceptions in all sorts of ways. The objectively present images we see in this painting are not of the nature of pareidolia which is subjective.
In pre-literate societies, people learnt how to read paintings, sculptures, monuments, bas reliefs, sacred buildings etc. much as we would read a book - or as easily as we today see the King's face here.

Watch Celt View's video at her YT link below from about 4:36 to about 5:49
Stop at c. 5:52 to more fully apprehend the head of the baphomet - and how it was re-constructed by moving panels of the painting around.

Yep. Baphomet. Call me crazy, but...

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Sami Lee

VIP Member
Where on earth do you see Baphomet and pentagrams? Especially in an unedited painting? I'm sorry but I keep staring at it and I can't see any of that stuff. But then, maybe it's like those 3D images you need to look into cross-eyed before they work for you.
Sure, it's loud and garish as a painting but I have to laugh at all this Satanic panic over a smudgy painting. If he is painted as a fervent islamist and accepts it then I guess that really is alarming though.

You know, humans have a tendency to see faces and patterns in ambiguous images. It's called pareidolia. Kinda like the way people see Jesus appear on their toast.

What is pareidolia?
red baphomet.JPG

You might note, as I have now just done, that there are many discussions online about this figure appearing in this painting.

I'm wondering if you might find a History of Art course interesting? Artists have been using this ancient figure (and many other meaningful figures and symbols) since the middle ages. Also since that time, artists have been deliberately manipulating our perceptions in all sorts of ways. The objectively present images we see in this painting are not of the nature of pareidolia which is subjective.
In pre-literate societies, people learnt how to read paintings, sculptures, monuments, bas reliefs, sacred buildings etc. much as we would read a book - or as easily as we today see the King's face here.

Watch Celt View's video at her YT link below from about 4:36 to about 5:49
Stop at c. 5:52 to more fully apprehend the head of the baphomet - and how it was re-constructed by moving panels of the painting around.

• Heart

wibble

VIP Member
More Redheaded League Drama...

---
The legend that is... Yankee Wally...

Last edited:
  • Wow
I live in a little village in a former red wall constituency. Labour never did anything for round here because they knew they were guaranteed to be voted in.

The conservatives got in at the last election and promised lots of improvements to the local area which, at the end of their term, has amounted to the grand total of absolutely nothing.

Doesn't matter who I vote for... if I vote. Labour is going to be back in :cautious:

Back on topic: when everybody laughed at Brian Rachel's jam, did she cry one tear left eye go or did she gently sink to the floor weeping? :unsure:

Same but opposite, so I guess we at least cancel each other out ;)

Reactions: 16

Hitch11

Maybe it's the Emz stuff.
But the rumours about her have been doing the rounds for years.

My money is on the usual suspects Boozy, Hariboman, the wax faced puppet Omar etc.

Perhaps we'll get an update later from Avid Gardener....

It's a shame if they have taken the channel down, as she said she was going to give some more brothel stories....
What are the rumours about Emz, other than she is not a therapist? It's like being back in school! She seems quite genuine to me, and even more so now that she has proved her credentials.

The other Twitter accounts Yankee thinks are her, why and how? Where is the evidence? It's all so vague.

Reactions: 15

DoubleOld

VIP Member
"Now unwell and on occasion "too emotionally fragile" to sort stuff out."

Serious question from across the pond @Cinnamon.girl: If King Charles is too unwell to perform the duties of His position, couldn't Prince William act on his behalf, albeit temporarily? Or would it revert to Queen Camilla stepping in?

• Wow

Hitch11

You can't expect me to spread gossip?
That's fair enough. I just thought it may have been stuff that was already on here. I don't feel right that the negative stuff was put out with no evidence, and not much background. I will remain impartial!