Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

giraffetower

In 1917 UK Parliament passed an Act to remove Titles as they finally realised that several British Peers and Princes of the Realm were actually fighting for the - German! - army. There was quite a large group of European relatives of the British monarch, who decided to fight against, rather than for the UK.

It took parliament a while ( maybe they were busy with other more pressing things like a world war! ) but they eventually - and sensibly - realised that despite all of the urgency of other pressing matters on Parliament's time, it was beyond ridiculous that these distant German Royal family members were still holding holding titles. These titles werre some of the highest honours Britain could bestow.... and they were being held and used by people who didn't prioritise Britain, or our monarchy, or our values, or our people. In fact - they were actively against us.

Moving forward to modern UK, we now have a Princess ( albeit by marriage, but a princess of our realm none-the-less) and her Prince (without a country ) openly mocking us by refusing to "set foot" in Britain and calling Nigeria her motherland, all as she holds a USA passport.

Hapless Harry has likewise rejected us, but isn't American, nor Nigerian...which leaves me wondering if a Prince without a country is really a Prince at all?

Where is he a Prince of, one wonders?

And let us not forget, the title of Prince is an honour that is allowed by us, the people he is supposed to be loyal to, and bestowed by parliament and the monarch, and it is a title that can be removed. See above.

Let us be clear....only his eligibility to be a Prince is a birthright.....his actual title is NOT. He has no automatic or continued right to his title whatsoever. None.

Our Kings and Queens pledge service to us. They inspire love and respect through their duty to us. Their lack of political ambition, their grace and dignity. Truly regal. We expect them to act in this way. Adhering to those centuries old traditions. Not everyone could do what they do. I couldn't. They are multi-millionaires in their own right. They could simply ....walk away...and leave us with corrupt politicians vying to be Head of State instead.

And yet they don't walk away, they don't abandon their role. I hugely admire that sense of duty. It shows a fortitude of character and respect for our country that goes above and beyond. I think the majority of people sense that. It inspires us, and gives us a sense of national pride and identity. It is why we wave flags and cheer the Royals. No current modern politician could unite us in the same way. The Royal Family should always be above politics for this reason.

But H&M have indeed walked away. They have abandoned their roles, and the "rules". Which is a big deal... because if you abandon the role and flaunt the rules, you shouldn't get to still keep the job titles. And so their HRH status was taken, and QEII ( RIP) wisely said NO to the half-in half-out deal.

...but it isn't just the abandonment of the roles and duties, now is it? If they had flown to freedom and truly had become the next GOOP, or become succesful film directors and podcasters by their own merits, hardly anyone would have cared. They would still have masses of support in the UK, too. But instead, they have demeaned our thousand years of heritage, disrespected the honour we bestowed on them by allowing them to call themselves by these BRITISH (UK) titles. If their titles had merely opened a few doors, and they had never said a word against the monarchy or UK and had simply worked hard proving themselves a successful author, guest speaker or jam maker , no-one would have cared. They could have even come back occasionally and been cheered. But instead, they have attacked the RF over and over again. The UK, and the people, too.

And now - they have literally pledged allegiance - in front of the world - to another country. And as she holds a different passport? They have refused to sing our national anthem! On a cos-playing "Royal" tour, no less!

How ....JUST HOW.... has someone not said.. NO to this??

You simply shouldn't disrespect my country like that. Their first - AND ONLY - priority should be the UK. Or forfeit the titles. It is that simple. If being Nigerian, or American is more important, then that's totally fine - but you need to give up the titles and honours that you carry from this country.

Calling another country "home" and "in-laws" and "motherland" ??? What will it take before we say enough is enough? They even still used the HRH titles in Nigeria - which is supposedly forbidden. A Prince and Princess grabbing gifts? Why are we allowing this?

Parliament needs to strip those honours immediately.

King Charles cannot do this - his authority is limited to banishing them from the Royal Court....which perhaps doesn't have the same impact that it once did 500 years ago! It is Parliament who need to get rid of those titles. KCIII, however, with the flick of a pen, he could strike them from the Most Noble Order of the Garter.

Sadly, that wouldn't mean much in the scheme of things...but it would be one hell of a loyal gesture to us. Distance the monarchy and by extension, the UK, from the antics of this disrespectful duo. His ancestor King George V was brave enough.. King George V struck off the war traitors 2 years before Parliament got around to officially removing their titles ( despite still being preoccupied with a world war) Our current Parliament has no such excuse.

It is a huge INSULT to everyone who swears allegiance to the King for their job ( army/law courts etc) that these 2 still bear titles - at the same time as pledging their allegiance to other countries, rather to us and the monarch here.

PH in particular, sees being a Prince as his "right".

It isn't Hazno, it really isn't - only your place in the queue to the throne was your birthright, not the permanent right to the title of Prince. Just ask the French Royalty if you don't believe me.

He should still be behaving with the loyalty, decorum and duty that the honour of his titles should inspire....or face losing them.

Time to strip them of their titles. I shall be petitioning my MP. It's time these two traitors face the consequences of their selfish disregard of our country.

As ever, My opinions only, feel free to seek your own truths.

Oh and my apologies for the extra long post!

• Heart
Reactions: 70

jonathanlynch

VIP Member
I saw someone posted on X. that Newsom was asked to make the statement defending Arsewell by Orca as she doesn't want the world to know that she paid Arsewell 10 million $ as a "donation" for the sit down interview. Which could be discovered if their affairs are being looked at by IRS and others. I think this could be plausible, as Orca has that kind of clout and Newsom wouldn't want to fall out with Orca.

Also, Newsom throwing his own Administration under the bus because the AG who sent the delinquent notice is standing against him in the next Mayoral elections, another convenient action too.

About this documentary that the German director is working on that H&M are said to be worried about. I'm not so sure, apparently she lives in California and is said to know the pair, and when they were in Dusseldorf for IG it was reported they met up with her. It would be great if there is lots of interesting big reveals and they are exposed for the grifters they are, but I'm going to reserve judgement until it comes out, it could be another vanity project to stroke their egos. I don't want to get my hopes up too much !

It would be lovely if Catherine made a surprise appearance at the Duke of Westminster's wedding. I'm pleased she's taking all the time she needs to concentrate on her well being. ❤
I've always thought the Oprah interview was a case of Hollywood accounting. For example, Tom Hanks was commanding a salary of $20 million back in the 90s. He didn't take a salary when making Forrest Gump as he negotiated a gross percentage of the box office. He openly took a risk since the movie could have bombed but he made circa $40 million in the end.

Tom Hanks the actor can truthfully say that he didn't get paid to make that movie since he didn't get a salary but rather Tom Hanks Incorporated got paid instead. In the same way Harry, Meghan and Oprah can truthfully say that they individually/personally never received a cent to appear in the interview...but...what was getting paid was Archewell Inc and since it is incorporated in Delaware then the rules mean they could help themselves to 95% of whatever millions were involved in the transaction.

We didn't get paid to do Oprah is just another We didn't collaborate on the (Finding Freedom) book. A manipulation.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
TELEMMGLPICT000378739616_17163058079250_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6b...jpeg
How gorgeous did Zara look today... love that dress and shoes.
How lovely to see all the cousins out supporting each other. William looked fairly relaxed.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
From Private Eye (allegedly)

NIGERIAN SCAM EXPOSED
“A couple posing as members of the U.K. royal family have pulled off an extraordinary fraud on the people of Nigeria. (By Con Trick, Our International Staff)

Said one furious Nigerian, “I should have known it was too good to be true when I was sent an e-mail offering me a free royal visit - all I needed to do was send my bank details to the Archewell Foundation in Montecito.”

He continued, “I feel so stupid now! The silly names and all the typos should have been a giveaway, but instead I found myself hosting ‘Prince’ Harry and ‘The Duchess of Sussex’ on an extensive tour of Nigeria.”

Said another senior Nigerian politician, “You’d think that we’d be better at spotting this kind of scam, but they were so convincing. She even claimed to be part Nigerian. And he said he was a charity worker. I feel such a fool.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

MeInMidAmerica

VIP Member
I just had a crazy thought flutter through the windmills of my mind. I truly believe that the RF is wisely avoiding Markle…because they understand now that any and all knowledge she gains…is for sale at her price.

But what of her Hollywood friends?

Have they considered that anything she’s learned about them and their secrets..,could be a potential tell-all someday…if she needs the cash or just the attention? She has no scruples.no morals and no filter. Perhaps a day will come and the world will see…”The Duchess’ Diary…an expose of some of Hollywoods biggest names, their sins and scandals told by the beloved royal insider…finally forced by her own virtue to leave their dens of corruption.’

What’s that line from King Lear…”Look to her, Oprah,Tyler, Ellen… if thou hast eyes to see…she has deceived her father, sister, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, etc.…and may well thee.’ Something like that anyway…lol

• Wow
  • Heart

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
D-day will go ahead BUT the Japanese State visit, Trooping the Colour and Royal Ascot may be affected according to the DM …
It says it’s normal procedure during an Election but I can’t remember ever hearing this ?? Anyone else ??
No- I can't either. But in fairness, I rarely take any notice of any political shenanigans. Perhaps we usually have more notice of the upcoming farce.

I have no idea who to vote for because every fecking party is as corrupt as hell and totally shyte.

All I know is I want a decent NHS, a decent education system, a decent police force, a decent immigration policy and NO FECKING MEN PUTTING ON A FROCK AND A CHEAP WIG AND DEMANDING THAT "GENDER" TRUMPS SEX.

• Heart

FrancesDundee80

VIP Member
I've been a bit off due to work (and some medical check up I have been doing - lots of exams!). But I just wanna reinforce how lovely Zara looked at the Garden Party.

c61fada1778703ea00e11c204c65e8d7.jpeg

The dress was beautiful and appropriate for the event. Also, if you can't see the difference between this and all outfits the ILBW paraded in Nigeria, I am sorry you can't recognise class, and you don't know the meaning of regal.

Also, let's look at this picture of William and give a meaning to the word "iconic":

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 19.06.57.png

The ILBW can try and push for being the "iconic" one, but darling you can try as much as you wish and you will always be generic.

• Heart
  • Haha

Goldilocks3108

VIP Member
^^ That'll make the Harkles' day even better. All the cousins supporting William.

Bea looks good. I like the colour and style. Very much like something Catherine might wear but Bea's really carrying it off.

And of course it actually fits. :p

View attachment 2949232

Thank God he was born first. And sorry Haz but he still looks like his mum, especially in the first pic.

View attachment 2949262
Beatrice and Zara look stunning today. For all Bea’s past fashion fails, one thing you can always say is that she never wore anything wrinkled, too long or ill fitting. She’s certainly upped her game since marrying Edo though and has never looked better

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
Neil Sean

Thanks @LadyMuck :coronation:
The Stoats are going to do a documentary about their fake royal tour of Nigeria. However a big problem has arisen in that they were met at the airport on arrival (cameras rolling) by a man who quickly emerged to be a fraudster wanted for money-laundering to the tune of Millions.
They can't edit him out of the footage because he's the CEO of Air Peace, and he gave them the use of a private jet to travel around Nigeria. This is a big advertising opportunity for Air Peace, and the fraudster is front, right and centre of it all.
Paramount are understandably nervous about the revelation of this new disaster. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59