Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Amiyaya

VIP Member
There is some absolute knob on GBN at the mo she’s hideous and talking actual bollocks. Who is she?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Flowerstar68

VIP Member
Iirc wasn't the statement released about 2pm UK time, so that's 9am in NY. Didn't he think to contact his father first to let him know what happened and that he was OK? Isn't it wrong that his father and brother find out about this through a statement?
Quoting myself, I'm on another forum too and over on that one and here the news broke around 3:15 UK time.

Reactions: 19

Amiyaya

VIP Member
This has disappeared @LadyMuck
---
So I finally read her speech (can you tell it has been a slow week at work?) and she claims that she would eat her TV dinner on tray and watch Jeopardy and would see Ms Magazine all over the coffee table because Doria had a subscription. I assume that this would have been in the early/mid 1990s.

1) She would have been living with her dad at this time - she lived with him from age 9-18 (1990-1999)
2) For at least 5 of those years, she would have had a babysitter of some kind, she makes it sound like she was home alone
3) This is when he was working on Married With Children and General Hospital - didn't she write about going there after school, not being home alone
4) She was eating dinner alone every night, not with a parent
5) She was eating TV dinners every night
6) Even if she spent time with Doria, wouldn't Doria also be (more) likely to have Essence magazine, which was focused on Black female empowerment. Or Jet or Ebony. Ms. Magazine was really marketed towards upper middle class white women*
7) Starting in 1987, it moved from a monthly to a quarterly magazine. Who keeps magazines for that long? You read and toss.

* From Wikipedia: In 1973, Ms. featured a cover of Shirley Chisholm titled as "The Ticket That Might Have Been…". At the same time, Ms. magazine was also criticized for the lack of diversity displayed in its content, especially towards the end of their era of influence in the late 1980s. In 1986, author Alice Walker, a contributor to Ms., resigned, citing the lack of diversity on the magazine's covers and its limited features of women of color. Walker had previously written an article in 1975 titled "In Search of Zora Neale Hurston", which was credited to have created new interests in Black female writers.The editors of Ms. admit, as they reflect back on their influence in the 1970s, that their publications were perceived as "elitist" at times due to their staff but the content was always meant to be inclusive. In 1975, Ms. magazine had a cover of Pam Grier and in 1979 they had Michelle Wallace on the cover. Though Ms. did feature covers of Black women, magazines such as Essence created during a similar time period focused more on Black female empowerment. There has been no association found between Black feminist media organizations such as the Kitchen Table Press and the Combahee River Collective with Ms.
Can o be really thick? What is a TV dinner - like a micro meal?

JAR21

VIP Member
it's generally applied to kids/teens doing something obviously stupid, and then learning the consequences. Often the things it is applied to are where the consequences involve law enforcement.

edit: I don't really understand the way that Myra seems to be using it, I guess that means she doesn't understand the meme or how it is usally seen, herself.
I think she means fuck around with them and see what the consequences will be.

• Sick

Mrsoh

VIP Member
People are having trouble logging in to tattle and are unable to get past the we value your privacy section, i have had trouble logging in and have only just been able to log in now.

The car chases story has backfired beautifully, it is the biggest mistake they have made so far
I wondered what was going on, took me 2 hours to finally log in.

Reactions: 18