Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wibble

VIP Member
But this was 1990 or 1991 and wouldn’t have been a high school so that’s why I really question it
Bush was still the president.

And more specifically in that war, there was prolonged "peace" phase in which events like this occurred to pad out the news programs - during the period of force build up, and the air war to degrade Iraqi defences.

The Netflix documentary has leaked onto utube....

It's raw,honest and compassionate stuff...
You can see why Netflix paid the big bucks...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Meemew

VIP Member
Wow! That’s a name from the past! I remember watching a movie about Profumo yeeeears ago & was shocked at all the Shennanigans he got on with!! I remember the actress in the movie was a dark-haired beauty whose name escapes me, but I see her face. (Think she was married to Val Kilmer at some point?)
Joanne Whalley! (I think! From memory)

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
Is this new? Perhaps they are pretending to split in order to sell Harry's book as everyone and his dog knows no one will touch anything that lines Markle's shallow pockets

According to Neil Sean Harry didn't know what the award was for and now's he's realised that, he's not happy.

Are they just throwing rubbish out there to deceive us?? Or is he really seeing the light??

Lol also ofc Sussex squad is leaving twitter. Elon said he's getting rid of the bots
One of the comments underneath said it was from a resent Elton concert. Not sure when Elton had the concert though.

• Heart

wisebutwild

VIP Member
A dukedom isn’t a title that is awarded for someone’s lifetime, it’s a hereditary title. All dukedoms, earldoms and marquisates were originally awarded by a monarch, it’s just that some of them were awarded centuries ago and have passed down from father to eldest son ever since - hence why it would automatically pass to James, then his son etc etc. To change that would have profound consequences for the aristocracy as a whole.
So that would mean Charles should be Duke of Edinburgh as he is the eldest son ….. bit greedy don’t you think with everything else he’s got? But, but but if PP and TQ requested that P. Edward got it they must have thought 1) PC didn’t need it and 2) PA didn’t deserve it, so PE is the next heir in the male line.
I just wonder why TQ didn’t do it after PP died instead of waiting. Did PC kick up a fuss about giving it to Eddie?

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
One out, :) Edward IV had him tried for treason (personally conducting the prosecution) before having him imprisoned and a bill of attainder passed - essentially stripping all of his titles. Finally George was “privately executed” at the Tower of London in 1478 & rumour had it that he drowned in a butt of Malmsey, popularised by Shakespeare. Perhaps he was allowed to drink himself to death, or stabbed in a drunken stupor.
And he was born in Dublin Castle!☘ (DoClarence, Not EIV)

• Heart

JAR21

VIP Member
Download the Rakuten Kobo app; it doesn't know which country you're located in unlike Kindle. That's if you're OK with E books? Only £12ish?
You can open a UK Kindle account and just change the url to .co.uk when you buy books. I can still buy books when I'm abroad, but have to change back to .co.uk to do it.

• Heart

wisebutwild

VIP Member
After Phillip passed, his title went straight to Charles because he is his oldest son. There is nothing the Queen could have done at that point because there is a precedence.

Now, After the Queen passed, Charles became King and the DoE title then merged with the Crown.

View attachment 1743384

The same will happen with William's Duke of Cambridge.

Only after it has merged with the Crown could it then be re-created for someone else. i.e. Edward.
Thank you for the explanation @TheCutiePatootie, so do we think KC is waiting until after his Coronation before he makes PE the DofE?
Sometimes I wish they would all just be Miss/Ms/Mrs or Master/Mr …. It would simplify things but I suppose the wokes would have something to say about that.

Zippy2000

VIP Member
I’m not sure Edward and Sophie want the Edinburgh dukedom. It’s a royal dukedom which would mean that their children would be Prince and Princess, something they have avoided. I think that they want their children to have a low key life.
Be last thing they want is for them to turn out the the entitled York girls.
They were asked NOT to make their kids Prince and Princess when they married hence why Edward was only given an Earl title not a Dukedom please correct me if I am wrong tho

Reactions: 14

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
I watched this with the sound off, focussing in on 43's expressions, it seems she's trying VERY hard to prove how happy she is. Perm-a-grin central. And Hazno's face when she puts her head on his shoulder? Not a loved-up husband.
Her face is especially out of proportion, and he's copying her expressions/mannerisms. He's quite far gone.

I thought that also she looks really different compared to her One Young World speech and her Variety interview as it looks like the person has more teeth than Meghan and her mouth looks more stretched out, I also think that the lips look different to Meghan's something just doesn't seem right about this video as it doesn't look like either of them in the video IMO.
View attachment 1748899View attachment 1748902View attachment 1748903
When has she ever looked like herself? She mostly looks like a caricature of herself. A different look for every mood, every appearance. Maybe she's a shapeshifter and doesn't quite get it every time?

BBC is saying Bob Iger is back at Disney (didn't know he'd left - has it been that long?!). Is it because Disney was markling itself? 😂

There are many reasons I don't watch regular TV anymore. Jimmy Fallon is one of them. He's not as much of a pompous ass as Kimmel, but he's one of them. I hope to God she starts whining and gets booed, but knowing her she'll demand to have the place completely cleared and they'll used canned laughter and applause.
I got put off by him when he was fawning over Priyanka Chopra. Don't remember exactly what happened in that interview. Perhaps she said/did something hypocritical and he went along with it? Don't remember. Just got irritated and it never really went away. I still like him better than the others we get to see here though.

• Heart

Carpediem69

VIP Member
Weather has been so filthy here I've binged on 3 episodes of the Crown S5. It's total shite! The casting is dreadful, everyone looks like a bad waxwork in a northern town on a wet Tuesday. Plus side is altho there is a small ginger Hazno, we are spared Smegzy :LOL: But I will keep watching as kind of hooked...
I thought the car crash was supposed to be in it - weren’t there photos of the re-enactment in the press? Is this where it finishes this series? Or is there another one due?

• Wow

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Image if he tried it with Meghan...

*suck big toe* .... *take ten steps back*.... *suck next toe*.....
Well she likes vamping it up, so would have got into it with alacrity. All those magical boobs and endless legs and burger flipping. The grill, the griiiill!

All those royal little toes, dying for attention.

• Haha