Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Palpatine

VIP Member
Good Morning :) I clicked on the Daily Mail today. Top headline was smegs and hazbeen. I instantly clicked off again. This weekend is supposed to be about the Queen. I wish the papers would respect that.
The top story (on the DM website) is dictated by reader clicks. I cannot vouch for how it works on other newspaper websites.

Reactions: 17

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
I won’t call her a liar, but I find it hard to believe that she attended a street party in Glasgow for the Coronation. I was born in a poor area of Glasgow, and where she came from was marginally poorer. So I don’t think families would be spending money on such a thing. Maybe a wee paper flag out of the window, left over from a seaside holiday 😂 In those days, in Scotland, I feel that street parties would be more of an English thing. My Mum made me a cute little dress with gold coaches all over it. Sorry to come over as being bitchy about Lulu, but I saw her on stage many years ago, when she had adopted her American accent, and she parodied a Glaswegian. As one myself, this disgusted me. I have had to modify my accent many times, especially when I worked in London, so that people could understand me, but I have never been ashamed of it. My nickname in that job was ‘Haggis’ which I found endearing. As for her face ? That is not youthful, it is padded. Oh, what a bitch I am. 🙄
My mums cousin went to Whitehill Secondary with her. I don’t mind her, but the ever changing accent does my box in.

Reactions: 16

Tattyfilarious

Freda we have an accord - Irish collie dogs, our Finn was the best dog we ever had. Still breaks my heart when I think about how I had to have him put to sleep; our pets are our companions and friends and we mourn our loss of them

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16