Harry and Meghan #99 This is the bench on which I lay, when nobody asks me if I'm OK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks kev1974 for new thread. My first title after being a tattler for over a year 😂👍.

Looks like she's going to be getting all the attention for a few months what with A's birthday tomorrow, book, baby shower, baby, blah blah.

Hoping for some positive news from the court case today, then that PC details of slimmed down monarchy and removal of titles for the toxic twosome

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Jason Knauf is still working for William right? Wonder why Smegsy’s team felt the need to mention him? Feels like they’re just dragging him into it. Is this revenge for sending the email about bullying?

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Looks like Jason Knauf doesn't want to be part of any court action

So if they are saying they have no copyright on the letter, doesn't that mean it was hers alone and therefore her privacy was breached?

Wasnt the whole ANL case hinged on the letter being written with help of others and therefore never private?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Come on guys. Meghan clearly wrote her book three days before the release of the other one.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I can see you on your bench

I love these lenses in my glasses

To stuff our fathers was no wrench

I’m still inclusive to the masses.

You dandle our issue on your knee

A veteran not a mouse

Help them grow outdoors and free

Don’t try to come in the house.

I should have looked you up on Google

I should have had a throne

Thought I’d be woken with a bugle

Beneath my castle window blown.

Friends and family mean the world

Except the ones who thwart me

These lenses prove my insults hurled

Were fair, so why deport me?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
So if they are saying they have no copyright on the letter, doesn't that mean it was hers alone and therefore her privacy was breached?

Wasnt the whole ANL case hinged on the letter being written with help of others and therefore never private?
Not really clear about that. Meghan's team have just admitted that her press secretary drafted some of the letter, and made suggestions on the content. So really this is not a 'private letter', is it? BP / Jason aren't getting involved in a case that says they own copyright so that aspect is dead.

The document is hers from a copyright point of view. Was it a press release in a different form though, or a letter sent with the expectation of privacy?

Not really clear about that. Meghan's team have just admitted that her press secretary drafted some of the letter, and made suggestions on the content. So really this is not a 'private letter', is it? BP / Jason aren't getting involved in a case that says they own copyright so that aspect is dead.

The document is hers from a copyright point of view. Was it a press release in a different form though, or a letter sent with the expectation of privacy?
Everything to do with her is just so messy. Hard to understand anything.

Reactions: 30
Uganda's pioneer midwife meets HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Hopefully this will gain traction within mainstream media. Not that I'm saying I don't want all the newspapers to be focussed on HFW over the next little while, but I don't....
This is the sort of thing HFW could've gone with had she stayed - women/girl issues, Africa - sounds like something a wife of Haz would be interested in.

Also, how gorgeous does HRH look? I may or may not want to steal that blazer of hers

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I can see you on your bench

I love these lenses in my glasses

To stuff our fathers was no wrench

I’m still inclusive to the masses.

You dandle our issue on your knee

A veteran not a mouse

Help them grow outdoors and free

Don’t try to come in the house.

I should have looked you up on Google

I should have had a throne

Thought I’d be woken with a bugle

Beneath my castle window blown.

Friends and family mean the world

Except the ones who thwart me

These lenses prove my insults hurled

Were fair, so why deport me?
@Stargazerlily This is wonderful stuff :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Thanks for the new thread 😊 sorry I’m probably missing the point but really what a load of tit is this book. It sounds completely boring! My kids are grown up now but they loved tiger that came to tea, funnybones, aliens wearing underpants (or something) etcnot a book about a bloody wooden seat- feck me what an absolute joke this all is 🤣🤣🤣
I'm 60 and I love 'The Tiger that Came to Tea' - that is what kids' books should be about - imagination and kids going' wow he ate the whole cake mummy/daddy?' Not - 'he sat on a bench - really - that's all?'

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The Bench
By PWBW

I stole The Bench
‘Twas a fair old wrench
For the original author
Of the aforesaid Bench

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Ode to My Love

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s bench?
Thou art more wooden and less intelligent,
Yet fumbling ‘neath my blouse to have a grope
Thy touch is icy on my cringeing breast.
Thou hast my heart, yet I can only guess
At thy web-searches when we are apart,
For other breasts have felt thy cold caress,
Nipples tweaked and chickens roasted dark.
In sickness and in wealth, when in my bed,
Thy trousers are the place thou keep’st thy brains.
Oh, why can’st thou give me cold cash instead
And spare me the throbbing and the messy stains?
My wallet gauges the value of My Love,
Yet Bill Gates is free, I’m giving thee the shove.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

If a third party was in on drafting it, surely it can't be said to have been a private document if her letter contained something the Press secretary wrote?

I find it incredible that a letter sent to someone doesnt then become theirs to do with as they wish.

If she'd phoned her Dad and he'd recorded the conversation and given the recording to a newspaper to publicize, then I'd agree that was invading her privacy.
But I'm not a lawyer, so who knows what will happen.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.