Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’ve done more looking into The Bench, and I have issues with it as someone who has studied children’s literature and earned a Master’s degree in library science.

1) Not every book is for every child, that’s fine. HOWEVER, you cannot publicize a book saying that you hope it’s inclusive and resonant with every family, no matter their makeup, and have it be only for fathers and sons. Are foster parents going to be depicted? What about moms who have to fill the role of both mom and dad? Are female children depicted at all? (I haven’t seen all the illustrations). Market the book for what it is- a racially inclusive Father and Son book.

2) There are so many books of much higher caliber that get much less attention. MM has NOT reinvented the wheel here. In fact, she is flooding the market with her celebrity puff piece, preventing authors who have actually spent years and years perfecting their work from getting noticed.

3) One of the crucial aspects for a successful children’s book is either uproarious entertainment/humor, or for the child to emotionally connect. They need to be provided with “windows, mirrors and doors,” opportunities to see themselves reflected, see others unlike themselves and learn about it, and step through those “learning doors.” (Yes that’s a 2 cent explanation of a more complex academic concept!). MM hasn’t done that. Children won’t connect to this. Ok, a 1 pg illustration of a parent coming home from deployment/training (talk about gender stereotypes, would’ve subverted those myself but OK)... nope, not enough. There’s just nothing to grab onto. What a vanity piece.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
Lol come on little Tommy let’s snuggle up and read this lovely poem about a family written by a woman who doesn’t talk to her own father or siblings, went on tv whilst her husbands grandfather lay dying in hospital to rip his family to shreds, who’s father in law cut them off and now won’t speak to them either. It’ll be a joy I promise

• Haha

Margo_Channing

VIP Member

This appeared on my tiktok, he is absolutely right!! She is lying! If she was telling the truth she would have outed the person.

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
This is my bench where I mourn all my losses
My husbands a ginge who doesn’t know who the boss is

This is my stool where I name all my chickens
Should have been a palace but 6th in line is slim pickings

This is my table where I lay calculated cards
I have a weep and a bitch coz my lyf is so hard

This is my counter where I stir up my pot
Flog my lies to the press, the UKs racist (the lot!)

This is my bed where I dream of my plans
Could have been fucking Queen if it wasn’t for the Gran

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

the musician

Chatty Member
I do wonder whether Harry's fleeting visit for the funeral opened his eyes to how badly they have gone down in the UK
He should have realised that as soon as Prince Philip passed. In the year Harry has been out of the UK, not once did he visit to see his grandparents, or even his own father for that matter. How does that look to most British people? He didn't make the effort to visit even though he has the means to do so, he did the interview whilst his grandfather was practically on death's door, and no doubt he would have been told how bad Philip's condition was but even then he still didn't bother to visit in that last month of his life.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 56

Chita

VIP Member
It's the words 'reunite the world' that gets me. They don't even speak to their families yet they can't see the irony.

Exactly.

Reunite the world when youve just widened the racial divide by calling non-racist people racist.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

Pom Bear

VIP Member
I thought Strawberry Seed's post of Scobie on the last thread reminded me of something and then I realised....
The reflection on the glass made a great idea for a Scobie playing card..Joker of course lol 😄😄 x.

Looooool 😄😄..

Resizer_16199991610220.jpg

Resizer_16199991219460.jpg

Damn I should have put his bottom head facing the opposite way 😄 x.

Just done 🥰....

Resizer_16200043991060.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

the musician

Chatty Member
  • Angry
  • Sick

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
In one of the video blogs it was said that Dorito hasn't been seen with the Harkles for a while.

It would be hilarious if Dorito absconded with the hidden millions of Hazno's money never to be seen again 😆
Smeggy could be markled by her own mother 😄

• Haha
  • Heart

Gusber

Chatty Member
Who had money on Haz talking about empathy and compassion? HFW "trusted" him to deliver their message 😂

'We must look beyond ourselves with empathy and compassion for those we know, and those we don't'

#
Eurghhhhh! I read the article and then played the video of PWB and the minute he pronounced that ‘we owe you a huge debt of GRADD-I-TUDE’ that was me over and out. He’s started enunciating the letter ‘T’ as a ‘D’, to be all American and cool!! 🤦🏻 Brits do not sound cool, Hazza. We just don’t! It won’t help you to use glottal stops or say your Ts incorrectly. You just sound even more of a knob!! MORDD-I-FYING!!! 🙈

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54

Carpediem69

VIP Member
I just checked out the book on Amazon
Here's a sample of the text:

This is your bench
Where you’ll witness great joy.
From here you will rest
See the growth of our boy. 🤮

I think we can all continue the great work:

This is daddy's room
Where you'll witness no joy
Because I've tied him up
And taken away his toy

OVER TO YOU TATTLERS 😉😁
This is my bump that will swing and sway
I cannot control it to move the right way
Instead I just hold it from morning ‘til night
And when I remove it Daddy faints with fright
(Not my best work)

• Haha
  • Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Welcome to the new thread! Count down to 100 started!
Thank you for the title @Chita
Pic by @Scotch Mist
View attachment 556742

Wiki

Last thread

Thanks for the lovely new thread @Rubythefirebat and @Chita Unfortunately I can't take credit for that pic as I nicked it!

However...... I'm currently moonlighting from the Harkles with @Facehugger travelling time and space to try and eradicate the Harkles timeline 😉
Polish_20210502_204714776.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
This instalment of the thread is fast becoming the funniest thing I've ever seen on Tattle :ROFLMAO:

All these fantastic poems and every one of them ten times better than HFEW's ham fisted attempt.

We should put them all in a book. And get Piers Morgan to help flog it to the Daily Mail for serialisation. All proceeds to charity. A real charity, not a fake foundation bullshit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Loolee

I've just seen the list of celebs involved in this Vax event. Quite a list of multi-millionaires I see.

Have any of those celebs involved declared how much of their 100's of millions they are donating to buy vaccines for the poor of the world?

At least the delightful Dolly Parton donated money to the development of one of the vaccines.

Sick of celebs preaching shite to the rest of us from their ivory towers.

The pandemic showed us who the real celebs of this world are, (Drs, nurses, shop workers, delivery staff, carers, volunteers, etc, etc).

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Baguette

VIP Member
These sorts of big events, audiences do tend to applaud when someone new appears on the stage, likely why they don't look overly enthusiastic, you applaud even if you're not that bothered or paying attention. I wonder if SS helped arrange the audience too 🤔
Of course Has would be grinning he always looks happy when he can do an event on his own he has experience in standing up in front of crowds and being preachy jolly.

With the size of the bump seen both in the chicken coop and the recent papped merching walk unexpected photos out and about, I'm not sure HFW could get much bigger without it being twins. Couldn't risk any raised eyebrows now, could we? Plus, not being there means people will comment on her absence and they can't pass judgement

I don't know what's wrong with my keyboard, all these errors 😇
This VaxLive thing was actually an event to open the new SoFi Stadium at Inglewood, so lots of mutual backscratching all around. Good idea to invite fully vaccinated front-line workers along. The entertainment industry are desperate to get venues open again and crowds back. I saw a comment that La Markle was around but not on stage, but not sure if that is true or not. Anyway, I've found out that 'The Foo Fighters were joined by surprise guest Brian Johnson of AC/DC for a rendition of "Back in Black."' which is one of my favourite running tracks so there's that.

France 24 said this:

"The virus does not respect borders, and access to the vaccine cannot be determined by geography," added Harry, making his first in-person appearance at a major public event in California since moving last year to the United States with wife Meghan Markle, who did not appear.

ETA: Forgot to say that every single one of the celebrities need to disclose their own vaccination status, and how and when they got access to the vaccine, before they start telling people and Governments what to do. Journalists, please ask that question!

• Heart

amethyst_unicorn

Chatty Member
I am a thread and a half behind - determined to read and catch up - after spending two glorious days in the "wilderness" of Scotland with my grandchildren, great-niece and their parents. The joys of extended family, positives and negatives, are wonderful and especially the joys of seeing young related children bonding again after the enforced separation of lockdown are enough to make the heart explode with love and joy - all the things poor Archie and his wee sibling won't experience with their cousins and extended relatives because of their parents.

It's a time like these I feel especially angry at the selfishness of the gruesome twosome. 😥

• Heart

Nannyto2

VIP Member
There was a girl called Meghan
She worked upon a boat
She spent her days on her knees
With a tickle in her throat

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Zenchick101

VIP Member
My name is meaghan markle,
I never found my sparkle
I decided I wanted your title,
but I'm dull as peanut brittle
So I did some research to act like your mum
and now you've turned into a bum

I often lurk this thread wanted to try my hand at poetry ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 51