Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CakesRFab

Could some of you ladies with better vision check if the York sisters wore tights, after Eugenies coat, I'm maybe seeing the stench of Markle everywhere. Like with Jill Biden and the lemon dress.
On another note Harry has creases, a white stain on his shoulder, and a double chin hidden by the beard.Too much time spent on the phone probably to have things sorted.
Both look like they have flesh colored tights on.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

sueh21

Did you look at @Baguette's post with the screenshot of the arrangements published beforehand? It definitely states who Harry was supposed to be behind - Harry definitely switched places.
These things are worked out with military precision and they will have practised.I am sure he just went across as he was sitting on that side in the pews.

• Haha
  • Wow

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
Strawberry seed

To me, the most powerful and poignant part was the procession to the chapel where P P‘s children and grandchildren walked behind the coffin. It was the music that got me and the gun firing every minute followed by the church bell. I really need to watch that again as it really was sublime.

It was a superb display and I felt very proud to be British knowing that those amazing scenes would be shown all over the world. The military services were marvellous. The hours spent rehearsing for this day must‘ve be immense. It was seamless.

That was really special, does anyone know what that music was?
The views of Windsor Castle and the whole spectacle was just very, very moving, don’t think it would have been any better with 800 guests.
it is on now on BBC2

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It's not making stuff up to point out that on Thursday the entry into St George's was briefed out with great care, including the pairings and who was standing behind who. Earl Snowden, as of Thursday, was walking behind William. There was no briefing that had changed. Then on the day, we have Harry crossing sides unexpectedly to stand behind his brother. That's a big deal.

Two explanations. Harry had a tantrum on Friday about the arrangements and insisted they were changed to give him more prominence. This seems quite likely, he's got form for this. Or he just took the better position on the day, which is what the body language of the other two men at the back suggests.
Well, I will have to disagree with you there or maybe go with your second option. It did look a little 'messy'. I dislike Harry intensely but even he knows playing up at the funeral of his grandfather being watched by many millions but not be a good look for the Sussex brand.

It was a shame Viscount Severn didn't walk behind the coffin then Harry could have walked with him as a pair behind William and Peter. James was probably regarded as too young and the RF learned from Diana's funeral.

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
Just watching the coverage on Australian tv this morning and they said that Meghan was upset that she could not go and had quotes from that man that wrote their book saying how close she was to Prince Philip and then they showed the coffin and the flowers as they spoke about Meghan’s hand written note and wreath.They did not go on to clarify that the flowers were from the Queen
Is the "man that wrote their boo
I totally agree with Dan Wootton about this

I went out shopping yesterday morning and walked down the highstreet, it was packed!
... went out shopping ...
Shopping list: choc lentil seeds, new wheel oil, fresh bedding, carrot sticks, dried fruit for pudding. Hope you didn't get trodden on Hamster 🥰

• Haha

mardymare

VIP Member
I think the only reason he came over is that they need money and he would need to negotiate in person. That's why there was no point in coming over while Prince Philip was alive and ill. The Porker blackmail didn't work so he's been sent over to try again. I don't believe he came over either to see his family or to make amends, but for money. Their outgoings are massive though they don't need so many toilets. All their ventures have failed and there's no income, and they can't afford security of the level they want hence the scare stories of intruders.
Don't need so many toilets lol

Cariad

VIP Member
Yes, I think it could be Raynaud’s or Rheumatoid Arthritis. My daughter has Raynauld’s and her hands are always purple and freezing cold. In fact, we have an appointment with a hospital consultant to discuss possible treatment options for it next week. I am aware that Charles has rosacea, which explains why his face is always flushed. I really felt for him today.
I thought it could possibly be autoimmune disease such as scleroderma , which has swollen red hands as a symptom ....stress would cause a flare

Reactions: 8

JeanneLou

As long as the family don’t give in to the demands of Harry and his Wife regarding money and titles I don’t care if he stays for longer.
Since Charles has taken over the Duchy of Lancaster, has the Duchy of Cornwall automatically gone to William? Or is that only when PC becomes King? Just thinking of who holds the purse strings :).

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
This!! I'm pretty fed up of the whole "oh what do the royal family do for us brigade" and that they should be abolished. I was reading the other day and we would actually be worse off monetary wise because if the revenue from the royal family.
In theory yes, though in the (in my view awful) event of the abolishing of the monarchy, the government would no doubt requisition the entire Crown Estate, despite it technically belonging to the Sovereign. I don’t know if they could swing the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster, and they’re huge money earners too. I don’t think that would be nearly as doable for a government to claim.

• Sad

Fredsnail

VIP Member
Yes I agree it's very sad and awful for those who have lost family members during the covid lockdown.😢

The Queen has been vaccinated and surely could have had a lady in waiting with her who is part of her bubble, perhaps we have to assume that the Queen herself made the decision to sit alone.
Yes she could have, but it would be 1 less family member who could attend.

• Heart

Twocats

I’m starting to think I’m the only one in this thought process, but I don’t actually think it was as contrived. IMO Prince Charles made the decision after the service that as it was a lovely day and everyone could do with a few breaths of fresh air that they’d all walk back up, the timing where everyone came out dictated how they walked with whom etc, until obviously Kate dropped back so Harry and Wills could talk. I really don’t think it was orchestrated and just organically happened. I also don’t think much was said and just usual small chit chat that’s normal after a funeral. Despite what Harry has done to their family, I very much think Kate still loves him as her little brother and holds out hope for her and Wills to have a good relationship with him again. I don’t think Wills “hates” him etc but there’s bound to be frostiness there. The press will no doubt make more out of it than it was, but everything else aside, if it gives Her Majesty an ounce of comfort to see that picture of them if she glances at the papers this morning, then I’m ok with that. It remains to be seen what the ramifications of it from Montecito will be though, no doubt she’ll have thrown some china about.
I think so too.

Kittypops

VIP Member
[/ISPOILERBac

Back to sunny LA soon, eh Brainless?
Back to your Controller?
Away from cold, damp England....no, wait ...it's lovely Spring weather here.
I bet he's had some realisation of the enormity of his actions.
He us heading for a major depressive breakdown and it's all his own fault.
He has a good life in England with a more supportive and loving family.
What a fool he is!!
This is inevitable, he's heading towards a dark space and I worry about how it will end.

(Would have put this in a trigger spoiler, but I can't fathom out the technique for adding a spoiler! any tips welcome, or lovely Mods, please do let me know where to look for some pointers, ta).

• Sad
  • Wow