Harry and Meghan #91 No Uniforms for the terrible two, suits will do, it's not about you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps the real reason there are no cosy photos with senior royals is because they had her quickly sussed, and they made a point of not being photographed with her.
Also, many of the private family photos seem to be taken by Catherine Cambridge, in the last few years anyway. I can’t imagine CC was particularly keen to take pictures of Smeg.
Probably not. Especially if Meghan really slammed the door in Kate's face and as she was so keen to tell us "things weren't as they seemed" in any footage of them seeming to get along. :rolleyes: I doubt she was in the mood to work hard at capturing precious MeAgain moments with the family.

If Kate does have a few cute snaps of Archie with his cousins, which seems very possible, she's not likely to release them because she'd get accused of trying to make herself popular and profit off a woman of colour's baby and "oh is George looking at him funny, he must be a baby racist!" And all that nonsense. Plus if she didn't have express permission Gayle would be on claiming the Harks are feeling violated and demanding an apology.

If Megz released the same one without permission from W&K that's fine of course.

It seems there aren't any cute photos of Arch with his Great Grandpa, since they never bothered to go to Balmoral. I was wondering if there was one or two from the Christening photos that hadn't been released yet that might mysteriously appear at 2.59pm today, but we'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
I think Wallis was very different to Smeg but she was cruel about the Royal family.
Smeg is very obviously less polished and very much lower class and desperately aspirational

He is trapped, either way
Funny that - he ‘didn’t know he was trapped until Meghan told him’, but the reality is he really is trapped now.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Perhaps the real reason there are no cosy photos with senior royals is because they had her quickly sussed, and they made a point of not being photographed with her.
Also, many of the private family photos seem to be taken by Catherine Cambridge, in the last few years anyway. I can’t imagine CC was particularly keen to take pictures of Smeg.
I‘m sure CC would definitely have taken photos of Archie with his great-grandparents. Unfortunately for Archie though, his parents never took him to any of the family holidays while his great-grandfather was still alive. The sugars’ comments under the great-grandchildren photo infuriates me. They bleeping don’t have photos with Archie to post because his parents never brought him there to be photographed! Sure, 2020 was covid, but there was summer and Christmas 2019 that he could’ve been there. His parents were the ones who denied him the photographs. Not the rest of the RF.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I‘m sure CC would definitely have taken photos of Archie with his great-grandparents. Unfortunately for Archie though, his parents never took him to any of the family holidays while his great-grandfather was still alive. The sugars’ comments under the great-grandchildren photo infuriates me. They bleeping don’t have photos with Archie to post because his parents never brought him there to be photographed! Sure, 2020 was covid, but there was summer and Christmas 2019 that he could’ve been there. His parents are the ones who denied him the photographs. Not the rest of the RF.
Even photos from this past month would have counted for something. Whatever surfaces today will not be pretty.

Reactions: 10
And actually selling her down the river wouldn’t redeem him in my eyes - I just would think he’s a double snake??
That’s what I meant, he really can’t comeback from this. We all understand he has been taken for a ride but he has been a willing participant. I just can’t see him ever gaining the goodwill of the people again. I really hope the RF (looking at Charles) don’t give him any slack to resume duties in the future. Sometimes I almost felt sorry for him but the interview and lack of care, decorum and just general bad form shown over this period has really killed it for me.

Reactions: 28
DM has a celebratory 10th anniversary issue magazine for W&K with lots of beautiful photos. M must be tearing her wig out!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Is it just me or does has Scobie overdone it with the Botox and lip fillers. He’s so baked he looks as though he could moonlight as a drag. Really odd looking guy. The way he sat on Good Morning America with his hands clasped in front of him, posing like a debutante, being called the Royal reporter. I really dislike how the American press can be so gullible and vacant about British tradition.
It's very sad ... he obviously suffers from body dysmorphia. This is him before plastic surgery (quite a nice looking guy, I think):

1618656890075.png

• Wow
Reactions: 24
DM has a celebratory 10th anniversary issue magazine for W&K with lots of beautiful photos. M must be tearing her wig out!
I wonder why it's this week and not next week since they have time until the 29th?

I just need to get this out. Every time I read "Peter Phillips" I misread it as "Prince Philip" so I read "HMTQ has ordered Prince Philip to stand between William and Harry during the funeral procession" which as you may imagine leads to a weird mental image and ideas about PP's ghost no getting his eternal rest in because his grandsons are too busy feuding.

Reactions: 11
while we wait for today's sad but important event to start, I wanted to ask - has anyone heard/read anything regarding all the various court cases or were those paused>?
on a different note, I am fully assuming that Netflix will continue with The Crown bs well up to and through Megxit. it is literally free fodder to them (spit).
However to try to make that sad probability less disheartening, I thought I'd start suggesting some actors to play certain character - with explanations.
prince william: a baldified/blondified Henry Cavill. They are, after all, the same age
prince Chuck:

Reactions: 6
Which side are most watching it? I'm between BBC and Sky at the moment. Refuse to watch ITV with Tom Bradby

• Heart
Reactions: 17

For one palace aide who found himself called in to wait on the couple because of staff shortages caused by the pandemic, it was an eye-opener.

'They bickered with one another. It was sweet but so unexpected. On one occasion I heard the duke say 'Oh do shut up you silly woman' and the Queen replied 'I am not a silly woman, I am the Queen!'

'I couldn't believe my ears but I was told this was how they always were with one another.'

I couldn't help giggling at that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Which side are most watching it? I'm between BBC and Sky at the moment. Refuse to watch ITV with Tom Bradby
BBC, surely. All national events should be watched on the BBC if they're covering it.

Although I say that, I'm in France so stuck between France 2 or hoping that iPlayer magically stops blocking my VPN for the day.

Reactions: 13
Windsor Castle looks spectacular in the spring sunshine. Such a beautiful sight

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Is anyone else feeling annoyed every time Welby is shown on the BBC today?

• Angry
Reactions: 20
BBC, surely. All national events should be watched on the BBC if they're covering it.

Although I say that, I'm in France so stuck between France 2 or hoping that iPlayer magically stops blocking my VPN for the day.
I'm a newbie here, so hello all...but just to let you know, JAdore, that the BBC coverage is also on Youtube from 2.30pm BST.....just in case your VPN is still blocked..

Reactions: 20
With the expected mass tv coverage worldwide, M must be fuming she's not there, amidst the pomp and ceremony. That's what she probably hoped every day was going to be like when she joined the RF. All that attention. But.....no, couldn't hack actually working and doing her duty. Bad move smegs.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.