Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
now that the RF has posted a picture of all the great grandchildren, will the harkles use this opportunity to inch their way back into the family? Maybe ask for an invite to Balmoral for the holidays?
or will their narrative change from "the UK media and people are so TOXIC" --> "nobody in the family wants us in the UK so we left" :rolleyes:
I'm waiting for the picture of Archie with Dorrito or, really make the headlines, Thomas!
Wouldn't it be nice if Smeg used the time Hazno is away to heal rifts and think about Archie's relationship with HIS grandfather?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I wish people on Twitter would acknowledge that Prince William did serve in the military. No, he did not go to Afghanistan or Iraq- he would never have been allowed to (and we all saw what happened when they leaked Harry being there) but in all fairness, William did his time with the Air Force. He donated his salary but he actually did his job until he had to step up- we also all know he probably would have stayed in the military if he didn't have another job to do. Trolls are acting like Harry has a god given right to wear a uniform- he chose his path- I know he didn't get what he wanted but he couldn't look more like a petulant child if he tried.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I wonder, given the apparent decision that no military uniforms will be worn for PP funeral, if the Royal tradition of wearing such uniforms will effectively have to be phased out from this point forward?

After all; this is an issue which isn’t going to resolve itself since Harry will continue to feel slighted that his military patronages - and associated right to wear uniform - have been taken away.
Unfortunately this sets a precedent and undoubtedly JCMH and his ‘team’ will make similar demands when, for example, Operation London Bridge sadly comes into effect upon the death of HMTQ.

Within this context I can’t help but feel that that this decision is a mistake since ultimately JCMH’s character flaws can be traced to a sense of entitlement and an inability to accept fault nor responsibility for the consequences of his actions; developed from his youth. Be it failing his A-levels; using racist language at work; drug-taking or generally acting like a prick from the confines of his Montecito Palace - Harry has been continually indulged by those around him regardless of his actions.

This additional indulgence of effectively banning uniform at PP’s funeral - in apparent contradiction to PP’s express wishes- will only worsen Harry’s behaviour.
I think HMTQ is going to have to make a final decision re Andrew’s position and patronage. This fiasco just highlights that it needs doing ASAP.

There was no issue when Edward had to wear a suit to a funeral when he didn’t hold a patronage. But the problem with Andrew is that he still effectively holds the role.

The Queen’s funeral won’t be downgraded in any circumstances and uniforms will be worn.

Reactions: 26
I wish people on Twitter would acknowledge that Prince William did serve in the military. No, he did not go to Afghanistan or Iraq- he would never have been allowed to (and we all saw what happened when they leaked Harry being there) but in all fairness, William did his time with the Air Force. He donated his salary but he actually did his job until he had to step up- we also all know he probably would have stayed in the military if he didn't have another job to do. Trolls are acting like Harry has a god given right to wear a uniform- he chose his path- I know he didn't get what he wanted but he couldn't look more like a petulant child if he tried.
This. I admired him so much for the way he dealt with what was obviously a blow. He wanted active service every bit as much as Harry. It was no question of bravery as sugars are so fond of saying. But rather than spitting his dummy out he diverted into something for the RAF that was truly worthwhile, saving people’s lives and frankly with plenty of risk of its own. Handling a hovering helicopter over wild seas in stormy weather.... every bit as risky in my view.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Yes.

Others should just remind them that Prince Andrew served in a real war as well (Falklands) and ran the risk of his ship being bombed. I have zero space for Andrew but it's funny that on some of exactly the same issues like uniforms that Harry is a poor little victim whilst Andrew is a pompous ass.

Just like if the bullying accusations were all about Andrew (or William or Charles) sugars would believe it in a second but since it's Megz no, they must be lying or misogynistic/racist or just not able to handle a strong woman who knows what she wants.

• Heart
So what do we think the puff piece will be today? My money is on an agency furiously working through the night to suddenly come up with a load of private photos of Archie with his great grandparents

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
So what do we think the puff piece will be today? My money is on an agency furiously working through the night to suddenly come up with a load of private photos of Archie with his great grandparents
If there were any wouldn’t they be public by now?
I don’t think there are any of him at Sandringham or Balmoral ,when Brenda and Phil were off duty, because The Harkles fucked off .

Reactions: 25

This better not be true! I hope it's a rumour. They should not be pandering to Harry and Andrew.

Edited to add - what bloody childish fools Harry and Andrew are. Could they for once just bloody do the right thing and not wear a uniform.

The two of them have to realise their actions have meant they are not worthy of wearing the uniforms but that doesnt mean the rest of the family shouldnt wear them. A bit of maturity from the two spares wouldnt go amiss but they obviously think far too much of themselves.
FFS! What a pair of brats! They can’t put their own childish needs second. For one day. For a funeral. Absolutely pathetic. Like with the order of procession at last year’s Commonwealth Service, I actually think Buck Palace has this wrong. They shouldn’t be pandering to all the tantrums. If you continually break with tradition and protocols, you’re essentially dismantling the things that set the RF apart and undermining their reason for existing. You also piss off the likes of Anne and William whose actual service is not recognised, but will go along with it out of respect for Brenda and because they’re not petulant arseholes.

Reactions: 34
I agree with people who say that Andrew is innocent unless proven otherwise, therefore why is there all this fuss. He may feel terrible that he can no longer support his family in royal events, but agreed to stand down until the sordid mess is finalised. This is his father's funeral, and he shouldn't be punished for something that hasn't been proven yet.

There lies another rock. I admire Fergie for standing by him. During the last 13 years or so she has moved back in with him and they continue to have a good relationship.

In comparison, we have Harry. A "man" who rejected advice from his family about marrying in haste to someone with "a background". He has abandoned the royal family, no longer supports them, gone to live in a different country, and spoken out against them on TV that was broadcast worldwide. Then he or Maggots media said it was something they had to do. Deranged, disrespectful and ungrateful person.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
If Philip asked for a ceremonial funeral I’m hoping Brenda will make sure that’s what he gets, I’ll be surprised if the two idiots of the family cause his wishes to be ignored. I’m hoping it’s just media bollocks.
As do I but the story has gained traction.
I believe PP planned the funeral some years ago, right down to the guest list. He even designed his own hearse.
The terrible twosome would have known his plans and wishes some time ago. They had plenty of time to reconcile themselves.
Those 2 have put the RF through hell this last few years and continue to do so. They don't know when to stop.!

• Sad
This would actually be a very nice outcome. Everyone in suits. PC and PW immediately behind the coffin or directly supporting HMTQ somehow. PH in the nosebleed seats. Merkins evaporating into sweet oblivion. Wouldn't that be nice?
I take this back. It’s the path of least resistance, yes, but it’s such a profound disrespect of tradition. Also I don’t think it would be perceived well by the rest of the commonwealth (hailing from 🇨🇦 here) for the royal family to be disrupting those symbolic links worldwide, especially after the truly touching outpouring of emotion from heads of state everywhere.

Reactions: 17
We had a child in ICU and while waiting for a transfer our doctor was like you'll never guess who made me coffee last week - (I think he was trying to distract us). He was doing a refuel stop at a base in the UK and they were delayed. He said some guy came in and asked the Irish crew who wanted refreshments. Our doctor was like I know this guy but couldn't place him so was very unphased and having the chats. Afterwards someone said you've had your tea from a future king and he was kicking himself for being so laid back and not copping.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
The collective blood of Tattlers, the great British public ,and I hope William’s will be boiling on Saturday if there’s not a uniform in sight.

Two jumped up little pricks stamping their feet , they both need a good slap*.

* I’m not advocating violence but you know what I mean.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I think that because it is so soon after that interview they are going with suits just to make things easier and less stress for the queen.
I also suspect that as soon as this is over she will have her own plan amended to show who can wear a uniform at her funeral.
They are quietly watching the amount of crap being sent out by the idiots PR in a week when the focus should have been entirely Philip. It will not be forgotten that they have been spamming us all with their crap about how close they were to him etc.
Id say he has broken quarantine and is trying to get meetings with granny and daddy to get his tit sorted out before he heads back to Cali. This in my opinion, will not help his cause at all as its disrespectful to the Queen herself but to PP and I dont think she will forgive or forget that in a hurry.

Reactions: 30
Regarding the uniforms - on the uk tv news last night, the newsreader mentioned that Andrew had asked to wear the uniform of Admiral and the Royal Navy were upset about it.

I think that is the reason the decision to have no-one wearing a military uniform was taken.
The Royal Navy would be unhappy if his wish was granted. And as you can never please everybody, its just easier to say, "right, everybody in civilian clothes and that's an end to it."

I may be being controversial here but I think that even if someone has actually served in the Military, they should not wear the uniform of the rank they attained after they have left the service.
I believe they should wear any medals they actually won on their Civilian clothing at a funeral or event.
I believe that if they are a Royal patron of a branch of the Military that they should wear that uniform to a state or military event - but they should only wear medals if they personally earned them.

Andrew has been put into the shadows because of the FBI wanting to question him and him being reluctant to face them, so instead of being mardy and "demanding" to dress up in a uniform of a rank he did not attain, he should stop skulking in those shadows and face his accusers.
The accusations will not go away. And if he keeps avoiding the issue it just makes everyone more likely to believe he is guilty.
So he needs to come out of hiding and face the FBI enquiry.

Edward left the military because he couldnt cut it - which is fine. At least he tried. If he is patron of any armed services, then he should wear their uniform (with no medals)

Charles, William, Anne - are patrons. They should wear their uniforms with any medals they personally won.

Harry - no patronage - no uniform, but should wear any medals he won.

Andrew - should wear a uniform of the rank he actually attained - not higher and he should wear the medals he actually won. And as soon as the mourning period is over he should do that bloody interview with the Feds and take responsibility for anything he has done.

Thats my little rant.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I haven’t seen anyone “piling on” posters re H&M on DS. Not saying it hasn’t happened but, despite what you seem to think, I have not been “super supportive” and didn’t post about them that often and my posts were generally about the fact that I thought they were handling their PR disastrously. I also felt Piers Morgan was letting his personal issue with Meghan lead him to sounding like he was bizarrely obsessed with her.

If people want to believe Archie is a doll they are entitled to and I’m entitled to say I find that ridiculous. If they want to call me a Sugar Nut, that’s fine with me.

To be honest I find the whole adversarial nature of the H&M issue silly with people calling each other names and getting enraged about people none of us know. r.
There was a massive issue re H&M on DS. I know because I saw it!

On one level it was quite scary, there seemed a concerted movement to close down and shut any thread about M& H that said anything negative. It was almost as if it was deliberate!
A thread would be there one day, someone would come on and say something like, this was years ago before the wedding itself, isnt it strange that Harry never met Meghans dad face to face, or that Thomas was being unfairly treated. others would argue and others would agree, then the next day the thread was shut down.
A lot of us on here are refugees from the DS threads, and I know I felt pushed out because there wasnt any spaces on there to discuss or debate anything contentious or litigious! (and this isnt just about H&M!)

In hindsight, and having seen how litigious Meghan is, and how much PR support she is paying for, I do think that her staff were all over DS and that threads were being closed down deliberately.
Which was and is awful and totally against free speech!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I'm waiting for the picture of Archie with Dorrito or, really make the headlines, Thomas!
Wouldn't it be nice if Smeg used the time Hazno is away to heal rifts and think about Archie's relationship with HIS grandfather?
Is anyone here clever enough to photoshop Thomas into the photo with the Queen, Phil and Dorito looking at Farchie?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.