Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm waiting for the picture of Archie with Dorrito or, really make the headlines, Thomas!
Wouldn't it be nice if Smeg used the time Hazno is away to heal rifts and think about Archie's relationship with HIS grandfather?
I think it's a dead cert that she's going to turn up somewhere on Saturday afternoon, giving "her own special tribute", just wait and see

Will probably involve Archiedoll reading a Eulogy of his own, him being a wonder child, advanced beyond his years, and all that

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
A video of Archie saying Drive safe, drive safe grandpa Phil

She better not show up and let PP have his day and let HMTQ say goodbye without that interfering sket trying to get her two pence in somewhere.

Oprah will also jump at any chance to be somehow involved, so maybe be a story Oprah comforts Meghan at Monteshito during watching PP funeral.

I think it's a dead cert that she's going to turn up somewhere on Saturday afternoon, giving "her own special tribute", just wait and see

Will probably involve Archiedoll reading a Eulogy of his own, him being a wonder child, advanced beyond his years, and all that

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I think that because it is so soon after that interview they are going with suits just to make things easier and less stress for the queen.
I also suspect that as soon as this is over she will have her own plan amended to show who can wear a uniform at her funeral.
They are quietly watching the amount of crap being sent out by the idiots PR in a week when the focus should have been entirely Philip. It will not be forgotten that they have been spamming us all with their crap about how close they were to him etc.
Id say he has broken quarantine and is trying to get meetings with granny and daddy to get his tit sorted out before he heads back to Cali. This in my opinion, will not help his cause at all as its disrespectful to the Queen herself but to PP and I dont think she will forgive or forget that in a hurry.
Well said. Even though it pisses a lot of us off and its really not fair at all, if it makes TQ life easier at the funeral and its her decision, Im willing to let it go. But, this better be a one off and things better be sorted before the next official engagement where uniforms are the norm. I would like to see Haznot fly back to LA as soon as the funeral is done. I dont want him hanging around bothering The Queen on her birthday and making that about him also. He can f@@@ off as far as Im concerned. His presence in the UK for PP funeral has turned into a tit show all about them so ill be very happy to see him excluded from all events in the future but its not going to happen,is it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
If anyone was in any lingering doubt over the pure petulance of limpet Harry then the uniform seals the deal.
No respect for his dying grandfather in life and none on death either.
Andrew was rightly forced to walk away, Harry did so of his own volition. What did he think he’d be wearing to events?
Absolute hole.
The only clothing JCMH should be wearing is sackcloth and ashes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm annoyed too about the uniform issue. Especially as PW and PC have earned the right to wear them, and PP was a military man. And it wouldn't have just been H and Andrew in suits, surely Edward would also
I don’t think it bothers Edward. He’s worn suits before at events where the others have been in military uniform. He and Sophie seem to be pretty low maintenance and happy to be out of the limelight.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
So what do we think the puff piece will be today? My money is on an agency furiously working through the night to suddenly come up with a load of private photos of Archie with his great grandparents
Photoshop...Markle’s “friend”.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There was a massive issue re H&M on DS. I know because I saw it!

On one level it was quite scary, there seemed a concerted movement to close down and shut any thread about M& H that said anything negative. It was almost as if it was deliberate!
A thread would be there one day, someone would come on and say something like, this was years ago before the wedding itself, isnt it strange that Harry never met Meghans dad face to face, or that Thomas was being unfairly treated. others would argue and others would agree, then the next day the thread was shut down.
A lot of us on here are refugees from the DS threads, and I know I felt pushed out because there wasnt any spaces on there to discuss or debate anything contentious or litigious! (and this isnt just about H&M!)

In hindsight, and having seen how litigious Meghan is, and how much PR support she is paying for, I do think that her staff were all over DS and that threads were being closed down deliberately.
Which was and is awful and totally against free speech!
Threads on any topic that was remotely controversial on DS got shut down as soon as there was any conflict. The other problem was posters there were absolutely intolerant of anybody who took the middle ground on anything. You had to be 100% for or against a topic. This forum seems much better.

Reactions: 18
What a lovely picture taken by Kate of the 7 great grandchildren. Ooh the shade is so good with this one!

I think these are lovely photos....and agree that there is an element of shade within them!!
Part of the PR battle that is going on behind the scenes between the Cambridges and the sussexes! On one level who can blame them! It is a cute family photo!!

Reactions: 35
Threads on any topic that was remotely controversial on DS got shut down as soon as there was any conflict. The other problem was posters there were absolutely intolerant of anybody who took the middle ground on anything. You had to be 100% for or against a topic. This forum seems much better.
Interesting, exactly the same thing happened on mumsnet. Screaming and hysteria about racism on any H&M thread from a small hardcore group who clearly succeeded in terrifying the mods and having every single thread about them closed.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Have you ever read a bigger load of bollox?
From this article:

View attachment 530240
Jeez can’t they give it a rest with their daily PR releases?
For someone who said she doesn’t want to be the centre of attention regarding Prince Philip she sure is trying to be exactly that.
Come on Harry, step up and put a stop to this - it’s doing neither of you any favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Regarding the uniforms - on the uk tv news last night, the newsreader mentioned that Andrew had asked to wear the uniform of Admiral and the Royal Navy were upset about it.

I think that is the reason the decision to have no-one wearing a military uniform was taken.
The Royal Navy would be unhappy if his wish was granted. And as you can never please everybody, its just easier to say, "right, everybody in civilian clothes and that's an end to it."

I may be being controversial here but I think that even if someone has actually served in the Military, they should not wear the uniform of the rank they attained after they have left the service.
I believe they should wear any medals they actually won on their Civilian clothing at a funeral or event.
I believe that if they are a Royal patron of a branch of the Military that they should wear that uniform to a state or military event - but they should only wear medals if they personally earned them.

Andrew has been put into the shadows because of the FBI wanting to question him and him being reluctant to face them, so instead of being mardy and "demanding" to dress up in a uniform of a rank he did not attain, he should stop skulking in those shadows and face his accusers.
The accusations will not go away. And if he keeps avoiding the issue it just makes everyone more likely to believe he is guilty.
So he needs to come out of hiding and face the FBI enquiry.

Edward left the military because he couldnt cut it - which is fine. At least he tried. If he is patron of any armed services, then he should wear their uniform (with no medals)

Charles, William, Anne - are patrons. They should wear their uniforms with any medals they personally won.

Harry - no patronage - no uniform, but should wear any medals he won.

Andrew - should wear a uniform of the rank he actually attained - not higher and he should wear the medals he actually won. And as soon as the mourning period is over he should do that bloody interview with the Feds and take responsibility for anything he has done.

Thats my little rant.
Perfect rant. I have been wishing for Andrew to just do the meeting with the FBI. Stop hiding behind the royal family. It would certainly make life easier if he did. One has to ask, does he have something to hide? It’s a reasonable question when he does everything in his power to hide.

Reactions: 21
I think that because it is so soon after that interview they are going with suits just to make things easier and less stress for the queen.
I also suspect that as soon as this is over she will have her own plan amended to show who can wear a uniform at her funeral.
They are quietly watching the amount of crap being sent out by the idiots PR in a week when the focus should have been entirely Philip. It will not be forgotten that they have been spamming us all with their crap about how close they were to him etc.
Id say he has broken quarantine and is trying to get meetings with granny and daddy to get his tit sorted out before he heads back to Cali. This in my opinion, will not help his cause at all as its disrespectful to the Queen herself but to PP and I dont think she will forgive or forget that in a hurry.
We are in a pandemic and no one is going to risk the Queen for him to break quarantine. She is still the most important person and they cannot break the rules.

Reactions: 24
And written by Julie Burchill no less.
She was a demon in the 70's and 80's. a raging communist and wrote some very alternative pieces. This is a very good read and lots of truths in there about how we change our views as we get older. And that th3 issues with M M and H is by and large a generational divide.

Reactions: 12
I think these are lovely photos....and agree that there is an element of shade within them!!
Part of the PR battle that is going on behind the scenes between the Cambridges and the sussexes! On one level who can blame them! It is a cute family photo!!
At least the Cambridges have photos they can use in their PR battle. That must piss the sussexes off.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
On this forum you can make a point and move on. Others will like your post or ignore but although we can discuss the Harkles it's not acceptable to yell 'prove it' or call other posters 'idiots/haters' which is why I like it here.

It's also better that those who don't like them can discuss on this thread and those that do can go to the other thread. Therefore we aren't all in conflict the entire time.

Anyway the idea that Doria has rushed to Meghan's side to comfort her about Prince Philip is garbage, bleeping lying drama queen.

I liked my father in law and knew him for many years but I didn't need anyone flying in to comfort me when he died, because I was actually busy comforting my husband!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
There was a massive issue re H&M on DS. I know because I saw it!

On one level it was quite scary, there seemed a concerted movement to close down and shut any thread about M& H that said anything negative. It was almost as if it was deliberate!
A thread would be there one day, someone would come on and say something like, this was years ago before the wedding itself, isnt it strange that Harry never met Meghans dad face to face, or that Thomas was being unfairly treated. others would argue and others would agree, then the next day the thread was shut down.
A lot of us on here are refugees from the DS threads, and I know I felt pushed out because there wasnt any spaces on there to discuss or debate anything contentious or litigious! (and this isnt just about H&M!)

In hindsight, and having seen how litigious Meghan is, and how much PR support she is paying for, I do think that her staff were all over DS and that threads were being closed down deliberately.
Which was and is awful and totally against free speech!
I agree.I never commented on DS regarding M & H but I saw the same group of posters bombarding any anti M & H poster while being very polite but sarcastic and almost playing a game(sorry it is hard to put into words).At the same time they would say horrible things about the other royals but expect no one to say anything bad about M & H.It is easier to have different opinions on here

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.