Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what I can remember, at the time of Princess Diana's death in 1997 it was because of some of Tony Blair's advice, that the Royal Family were able to survive the horrendous backlash they received, about the way they handled Diana's death. Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Tony Blair, but it seems that a number of people are keen to rewrite history at the moment.
I don't mean to sound disrespectful about the Royal Family, but some of us have long memories, which cannot be erased by years of well orchestrated PR exercises
Call me cynical, but it was an extremely good PR moment for Tony Blair when he was seen responding to the death. And I read somewhere that Prince Philip swore at him when they suggested William and Harry walk behind the coffin.

Reactions: 19
Well, well, well. This is a turn up for the books!
Fergie the comeback queen. 😁

There will be feathers spat in Montecito.
This is likely to send Merching Meagain into freefall. She will think that if she hadn’t thrown her toys out of the pram, she could divorce Hazza, still be called a Duchess, be bezza mates with HM The Queen, and be able to merch off her connections forever and a day.
[I do want to see H+M stripped of titles so M can’t ever merch off being a Duchess post-divorce].

REALLY fuming about the uniforms. HRH Prince Philip was a military man, uniforms should be worn by Charles and William.
You know what they should do... make it like the scene in White Christmas where all the ex-general’s clothes have been sent to be dry cleaned, except for his former uniform, so he has to wear that. That is what Wills and Charles should do!!!!

Also disappointed as I love to see them uniform (heh heh heh) with all their braiding and medals; it is what we Brits do best.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I am very angry too, if it is true.
PP asked for a ceremonial funeral and not a state funeral. He had it planned in advance. The pandemic has scuppered a great deal of it but if he is robbed of the full ceremonial bit because of the twin Veruca Salts I will be livid!!
Everyone is entitled to a dying wish and PP should get his!
PA and PH need to buck up and have respect for others and for themselves.
If Philip asked for a ceremonial funeral I’m hoping Brenda will make sure that’s what he gets, I’ll be surprised if the two idiots of the family cause his wishes to be ignored. I’m hoping it’s just media bollocks.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Certainly with the behaviour of both Harry and Andrew this thread title is very appropriate. The more they act this way the more I think the Royal Family is better off without either of them.

Reactions: 26
Either that or he will be filled with intense jealousy and hatred for his own family after seeing these lovely pictures. :(
I have no doubt that he won’t see any of his own entitlement or terrible behaviour, it’ll always be everybody else’s fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
FINDING SARAH is an extraordinarily personal memoir by Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York.
" I first met with this businessman at the Mark Hotel in New York City"

Anne Keating, a stalwart friend and intrinsically good person whom I love, rang me with a suggestion.

“Get in touch with Ken Sunshine; he wants to help.” Ken is a publicist in New York City. I called him.

“You must go on the Oprah Winfrey Show and explain your side of the story,” Ken told me. I was both humbled and nervous, but definitely open to it. Ken next called his friend Jack Mori, who is one of Oprah’s producers in Chicago."

Hilarious, isn't it.
Source:
Amazon product
We’ve got it wrong. Megsy never wanted to emulate Diana. It was Fergie she wanted to be all along😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
We should find out the guest list today, I hope Harry is at the bottom of the list like the piece of crap he is.

I mean why the actual F is he being a diva about a military suit, it’s the woman Meghan goading him.

I bet Meghan has got private jet here and we are gonna see her name on the list because she got FOMO.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I reckon he'd been told by Netflix to get a good shot in his uniform next to the coffin. Personally I think disrespecting a dying person's last wishes and causing drama and upset the grieving widow is about as low as you get. I imagine it's hardening Chaz and Will's position on them ever getting anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Sorry if something about this has been posted li
Former MI5 general is the new lord chamberlain, Oh this will be interesting even though he’s a former general he wil still have links and contacts and information.

Meghan won’t know what’s hit her.
0EABEEA7-274A-4DE6-AE49-3288A1FC1A8B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 38
If none of them are in uniform we’ll know why and the loathing of Harry ( and Andrew) will become more hard set.

It will also show how neither of them have taken on board how despised they both are.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
What do people know about that Shola woman who used to scream at Piers Morgan on GMB? Is she being paid by Meg too? Scobie featured in her "magazine" so I was just wondering.

He goes on about "tabloids being critical" of him but does he realise it's because he's not a proper journalist and he actually knows nothing about how the royal family works. He's just M's mouthpiece.
Scobie is desperate to be seen as 'black' because it gives him fashionable victimhood status.
He says he's mixed race (although he's as white as can be). I find it quite repugnant actually.

He's just like his mistress Meghan - using race to score points over others because the worst possible thing you can be in his world is 'white'.

• Sick
Reactions: 40
The more I hear about Haz the more I think William is the true victim here.

To grow up knowing that everyone was bending over backwards for your feckless brother, smoothing over his japes and high jinx along the way and pandering to his whims and tantrums along the way, while he was expected to always behave as a future king (not saying that he hasn't had his moments, but it must have been drummed into him from a pretty young age). To have your mother's death brought out at every opportunity by said brother, while writing you out of the history and ignoring how you might feel while you bleat on about how mean everyone is to you and how you feel. And then to leave you to it to take the workload while skiving and slagging off your whole family, including your wife who he was always so close to but still expecting them to pay the bills. AND then having to publicly deny your family is racist. I honestly can't see a way back from them for this, which is absolutely devastating. I feel so bad for William. Cannot WAIT til he holds the purse strings (can't believe the Harkles have never thought this far ahead but they aren't the sharpest tools in the box now are they 🤣)

I LOVE that photo of the Queen and Phil with the great grandkids. I always think Charlotte looks so like the queen and she always has a wickedly cheeky grin. She's very natural in front of the camera, George always seems a little more reserved.

Pretty disgusted that they've backed down over the uniforms to appease Haz (or Andy). Chaz needs to step up and start putting his foot down.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I honestly think after the funeral Anne will knock Harry out, she wanted to really wear her military outfit.

I’d actually love someone to trip Harry up at the funeral and he falls flat on his face on national tv.

I hope Anne does it.

If none of them are in uniform we’ll know why and the loathing of Harry ( and Andrew) will become more hard set.

It will also show how neither of them have taken on board how despised they both are.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Call me cynical, but it was an extremely good PR moment for Tony Blair when he was seen responding to the death. And I read somewhere that Prince Philip swore at him when they suggested William and Harry walk behind the coffin.
I did read recently that William agreed to do it because Philip asked if he walked would he walk with him?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I did read recently that William agreed to do it because Philip asked if he walked would he walk with him?
This would actually be a very nice outcome. Everyone in suits. PC and PW immediately behind the coffin or directly supporting HMTQ somehow. PH in the nosebleed seats. Merkins evaporating into sweet oblivion. Wouldn't that be nice?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If anyone was in any lingering doubt over the pure petulance of limpet Harry then the uniform seals the deal.
No respect for his dying grandfather in life and none on death either.
Andrew was rightly forced to walk away, Harry did so of his own volition. What did he think he’d be wearing to events?
Absolute hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I'm annoyed too about the uniform issue. Especially as PW and PC have earned the right to wear them, and PP was a military man. And it wouldn't have just been H and Andrew in suits, surely Edward would also

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I read somewhere that the Queen won't be doing the walk. If they follow protocol, I believe the order to walk in will be:

Prince Philips children and their wives, in age order, followed by grandchildren in age order, that would mean

Line 1 - Charles, Camilla, Anne + hubby

Line 2 - Andrew, Edward and Sophie

Line 3 - William, Catherine and Harry

etc, that would really irk Megrot 😂

But I could be wrong (about the order, not the irksome one)

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.