Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ten quid says Charlottes going to be a handful when she's older ! Lovely to see such a lovely and relaxed family photo.
I absolutely agree! Look at the photo also released of her as a baby, held in her mother's arms, with her great grandparents
and the Queen is smiling at her - and baby Charlotte is looking right back at the Queen (not the camera or her mother). She's a really strong character.

In fact George and Charlotte remind me of my grandchildren, who are a wee bit younger. From what we see, my grandson is more like George in personality, my granddaughter more like Charlotte - hubby calls her a thug! 😂😂😂 She's a handful now, goodness knows- in fact I do know 😉 - what she's going to be like when she's older 🤣🤣🤣

Lesson there for the gruesome twosome - apples don't fall far from the tree. And there's no other influence to negate theirs. The joys of parenthood (poor wee bairns 😥).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
MM always reminds me so much of my sister, unfortunately for me they are incredibly similar. When I saw the photos of the Cambridge children with the duke and the queen it reminded me of when my father passed away. I made a similar post of photos of my son with my dad, I kid you not my sister called me to say that the photos upset her because she didn’t have anything of her children with dad. She also moved across the earth and even when she came back barely visited him. So of course she wouldn’t have pics. But I bet that’s exactly what MM is doing right now! Same whinging how she’s upset at the photos.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
IMO there is nothing that could bruise Piers ego, he is highly experienced, and longer in the game, than all combined shills that the Harkles are currently paying.
He feels slighted professionally, and that is something that in his world never happens.
Markle the papwalker in Wellington boots around the Mail Offices, the Z lister that sent him texts(documented) the z lister which informed him that she is on her way to a date in 5 Hertford Street with Harry, suddenly cut him off, probably because she felt that she made it.
Not even Diana dared to do that, in their world of compo(compensation) one cuts ties only in most extreme cases, because one knows that when ish hits the fan, one calls a journo for some image polishing.
The man got Diana's yachting photos from the paps, the same Diana that was so relentlessly pursued by paparazzi, that she constantly called the. Books mostly due to copyright hold Diana's images which are showing her moving completely undected.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hope these family photos are bringing it home to Harry just what he's missing out on.

Reactions: 25
In this week of Prince Philip's funeral, why don't Hazzno and Smeg tell their sugars to SHUT UP? Instead of stirring things up, why not issue a newspaper headline: "Meghan is Ready to Forgjve the Royal Family and Move On: Asks That Her Supporters Cease Posting and Allow Rifts To Heal". If not job done, wouldn't that help a bit?
Nope. Dont give them a way out.....Give them enough rope, and theyll hang themselves, imo.........

Reactions: 13
My view on Piers Morgan is based on the fact that he keeps making it personal. He prefaces nearly every comment about Meghan with the info that she ghosted him on social media. It makes me feel that this is more about his bruised ego than any genuine view regardless of whether or not it is justified. I truly believe that if Meghan had stayed in touch with him he would now be firmly in the H&M camp.

The only other site I’ve posted on saying H&M were making very bad PR decisions was DS and yes I did get attacked for it. But I don’t intimidate easily 😀.

And yes I’ve found most posters on here to be open to discussion and I enjoy the humour. This place IS a great source of information. Before I joined I had never heard of Jack Munroe or Mrs Hinch. 😂
I don’t think he keeps making it personal....he keeps having to defend himself from people claiming he’s “obsessed/pissed off she wouldn’t sleep with him/pissed off not to get invited to the wedding” etc.

He’s been clear....she befriended him, smarmed up to him and then ghosted him when he was of no further use to her, just like she has with so many others. He’s simply pointed out the pattern & what it says about her character.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I hope these family photos are bringing it home to Harry just what he's missing out on.
Either that or he will be filled with intense jealousy and hatred for his own family after seeing these lovely pictures. :(

Reactions: 22
I don’t think he keeps making it personal....he keeps having to defend himself from people claiming he’s “obsessed/pissed off she wouldn’t sleep with him/pissed off not to get invited to the wedding” etc.

He’s been clear....she befriended him, smarmed up to him and then ghosted him when he was of no further use to her, just like she has with so many others. He’s simply pointed out the pattern & what it says about her character.
I don't get why people think that he wanted to sleep with her when he's happily married with kids. He said he was a fan of Suits and it was like him meeting another celebrity (yet she was much less famous than him).

Piers was right about her though. She's fallen out with 2 families, so it says way more about her than it does about anyone else.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
My view on Piers Morgan is based on the fact that he keeps making it personal. He prefaces nearly every comment about Meghan with the info that she ghosted him on social media. It makes me feel that this is more about his bruised ego than any genuine view regardless of whether or not it is justified. I truly believe that if Meghan had stayed in touch with him he would now be firmly in the H&M camp.
No he doesn't. He did that in the early days when most people were still reasonably team harkle ... to emphasise her ability to slither into the DMs of influential people and then ghost them when she'd get a better offer. Like she did with Lizzie Cundy too.The only time he brings it up these days is when twatty sugars throw the accusation at him in interviews that he's some sort of rejected stalker.

The fact is that she slithered into his DMs on twitter, asked for introductions and invites to 'names' and events, then closed the 'friendship' down once she bagged numb nuts hazza.Iced. Ghosted. Those are the facts. Not just HIS truth, but THE truth and he has the messages (or receipts, if you prefer that meghanism).
He no longer bothers because now we all see that he nailed her MO before most other people saw the light. Find, use, discard.
Nor would he still be in the harkle camp if she was still kissing his arse. He is team Brenda all the way and would have eventually told her to duck off, especially over the racism accusations directed at the UK and royals.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I'm going to start this rant off by making it very clear that I think "actual racism" is repugnant, and if I have ever seen it happening, I've genuinely intervened in some cases.

Piers Morgan may be an utter wank sock, but he's sometimes right. I have found myself hating myself for agreeing with him on a number of things, I just hate his shtick and self referencing, and plastic Alpha Male behaviour (a man with hands that small will NEVER be an Alpha Male).

Re: The Meghan Markle stuff-just because he was aggrieved, and probably quite narcissistically bore a grudge against her, doesn't make him wrong. Iain Hislop remember, was hounded by Morgan's chronies when he'd pissed Morgan off, but they were looking for dirt-they weren't looking to make things up, just because, though they could have done that. I don't think Morgan would have gone as far as he did without good cause-he would have had to have known he was right enough to go at her live on air like he did.

Re: Alex Beresford-I can't remember the last time I saw the studio set up like that. Something was incredibly wrong about it, and what I thought immediately when I saw it, was that it was set up to be a pile-on from the start: Susannah Reid with her constant outrage at anything remotely centre of left, Hiliary Jones, who has gone from lambasting the Government, to advocating that we should all masturbate to Johnson and Hancock twice daily because they deserve it, and Alex Beresford, a man who has literally disappeared up his own arse. A man who can't help looking at the monitor at himself when he knows he's in shot, a man who's laugh is as fake as Cher's nose, and a man who seems to know more about issues of race, than Nelson Mandella. They wheel him on every time as some kind of sage. He's a bleeping weatherman (or meteorologist as my stepdad, who was on the telly and was a senior Meteorologist before he died aged 56, would say). It stank of a set up. Bersford had once flounced after Morgan dented his ego, and this was his opporunity to gain some revenge.

The problem with the word "racism", is it attempts to set it apart from a normal human process. It's a shaming tool, and a political tool, and unfortunatley is a word that tries to transform an innate behaviour, into a malicious act, and something borne out of poor morals, rather than something that is there by design, and nurtured by experience. In forgetting the design, the idea is that we can educate people to become less discriminatory. We can't, but thankfully, for most people, discrimination is something we all do, but we do it discreetly, and it isn't malicious. It's just our bodies and our minds saying "this is different to my world, be careful until you know you can trust the situation/person". Malicious racism won't change with education. It's a prejudice, and the current attempts at lecturing will only serve to make "racists", more racist.

The ADDED problem, is that now, there's a movement to pursuade all white people to acknowldge that all white people are "racist" (i.e. treating people differently and disadvantageously because of their race or skin colour). All white people are not malicious, but then the argument is "if you don't think you're racist, you're just racist and you don't know it". Then if you say "I treat people equally", you get "check out your microaggressions". Microaggressions as a theoretical concept are so poorly evidenced, that we can safely argue that they are bollocks as a concept. You're literally playing chess with a woke who has a board full of kings, and you have nothing but pawns. you are literally fucked if you agree, fucked if you disagree. You are racist if you "admit" you are, but you are "savable", and if you disagree, you are a member of the KKK. This is what creates racism. It's paradoxical, By calling people racist, and asking for equality, you are actually paradoxically making black people different. People are being pushed into corners, and unfortunately, the people of the world who couldn't give a flying duck what colour someone is, are now being asked to choose. Not all of those people, are going to fall on their sword, and that's the problem.

I thought today, when a black man was shot dead by a police woman who thought she'd pulled her taser, and not her gun "how would you even know these days, if a black man or woman was shot with reasonable cause?". Now this poor guy is dead, and that's awful, and it might well be a racist act, but genuinely, is it even possible that the death of a black man or woman at the hands of the police will ever be seen as appropriate? (I don't believe in guns, btw, so would argue that it wouldn't be seen as appropriate, but for different reasons).

By the way, I am ranting, but it's an evidence based rant.
Fantastic rant. Fantastic ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm going to start this rant off by making it very clear that I think "actual racism" is repugnant, and if I have ever seen it happening, I've genuinely intervened in some cases.

Piers Morgan may be an utter wank sock, but he's sometimes right. I have found myself hating myself for agreeing with him on a number of things, I just hate his shtick and self referencing, and plastic Alpha Male behaviour (a man with hands that small will NEVER be an Alpha Male).

Re: The Meghan Markle stuff-just because he was aggrieved, and probably quite narcissistically bore a grudge against her, doesn't make him wrong. Iain Hislop remember, was hounded by Morgan's chronies when he'd pissed Morgan off, but they were looking for dirt-they weren't looking to make things up, just because, though they could have done that. I don't think Morgan would have gone as far as he did without good cause-he would have had to have known he was right enough to go at her live on air like he did.

Re: Alex Beresford-I can't remember the last time I saw the studio set up like that. Something was incredibly wrong about it, and what I thought immediately when I saw it, was that it was set up to be a pile-on from the start: Susannah Reid with her constant outrage at anything remotely centre of left, Hiliary Jones, who has gone from lambasting the Government, to advocating that we should all masturbate to Johnson and Hancock twice daily because they deserve it, and Alex Beresford, a man who has literally disappeared up his own arse. A man who can't help looking at the monitor at himself when he knows he's in shot, a man who's laugh is as fake as Cher's nose, and a man who seems to know more about issues of race, than Nelson Mandella. They wheel him on every time as some kind of sage. He's a bleeping weatherman (or meteorologist as my stepdad, who was on the telly and was a senior Meteorologist before he died aged 56, would say). It stank of a set up. Bersford had once flounced after Morgan dented his ego, and this was his opporunity to gain some revenge.

The problem with the word "racism", is it attempts to set it apart from a normal human process. It's a shaming tool, and a political tool, and unfortunatley is a word that tries to transform an innate behaviour, into a malicious act, and something borne out of poor morals, rather than something that is there by design, and nurtured by experience. In forgetting the design, the idea is that we can educate people to become less discriminatory. We can't, but thankfully, for most people, discrimination is something we all do, but we do it discreetly, and it isn't malicious. It's just our bodies and our minds saying "this is different to my world, be careful until you know you can trust the situation/person". Malicious racism won't change with education. It's a prejudice, and the current attempts at lecturing will only serve to make "racists", more racist.

The ADDED problem, is that now, there's a movement to pursuade all white people to acknowldge that all white people are "racist" (i.e. treating people differently and disadvantageously because of their race or skin colour). All white people are not malicious, but then the argument is "if you don't think you're racist, you're just racist and you don't know it". Then if you say "I treat people equally", you get "check out your microaggressions". Microaggressions as a theoretical concept are so poorly evidenced, that we can safely argue that they are bollocks as a concept. You're literally playing chess with a woke who has a board full of kings, and you have nothing but pawns. you are literally fucked if you agree, fucked if you disagree. You are racist if you "admit" you are, but you are "savable", and if you disagree, you are a member of the KKK. This is what creates racism. It's paradoxical, By calling people racist, and asking for equality, you are actually paradoxically making black people different. People are being pushed into corners, and unfortunately, the people of the world who couldn't give a flying duck what colour someone is, are now being asked to choose. Not all of those people, are going to fall on their sword, and that's the problem.

I thought today, when a black man was shot dead by a police woman who thought she'd pulled her taser, and not her gun "how would you even know these days, if a black man or woman was shot with reasonable cause?". Now this poor guy is dead, and that's awful, and it might well be a racist act, but genuinely, is it even possible that the death of a black man or woman at the hands of the police will ever be seen as appropriate? (I don't believe in guns, btw, so would argue that it wouldn't be seen as appropriate, but for different reasons).

By the way, I am ranting, but it's an evidence based rant.
duck me, great read and I agree with every word.
Truth.(y)

• Heart
I quite like the c word🤭 Not that anyone would notice. Sometimes no other word will do.
I used to really, really, really hate the c word.

Now I find myself having to stop myself from using it, referring to using twunts (tw*rs + c*nts) instead for politeness, bit in my head it's the c word.

And we all know who's to blame @freda19 ... 🤣🤣🤣

The twunts! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I wonder, given the apparent decision that no military uniforms will be worn for PP funeral, if the Royal tradition of wearing such uniforms will effectively have to be phased out from this point forward?

After all; this is an issue which isn’t going to resolve itself since Harry will continue to feel slighted that his military patronages - and associated right to wear uniform - have been taken away.
Unfortunately this sets a precedent and undoubtedly JCMH and his ‘team’ will make similar demands when, for example, Operation London Bridge sadly comes into effect upon the death of HMTQ.

Within this context I can’t help but feel that that this decision is a mistake since ultimately JCMH’s character flaws can be traced to a sense of entitlement and an inability to accept fault nor responsibility for the consequences of his actions; developed from his youth. Be it failing his A-levels; using racist language at work; drug-taking or generally acting like a prick from the confines of his Montecito Palace - Harry has been continually indulged by those around him regardless of his actions.

This additional indulgence of effectively banning uniform at PP’s funeral - in apparent contradiction to PP’s express wishes- will only worsen Harry’s behaviour.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 41

This better not be true! I hope it's a rumour. They should not be pandering to Harry and Andrew.

Edited to add - what bloody childish fools Harry and Andrew are. Could they for once just bloody do the right thing and not wear a uniform.

The two of them have to realise their actions have meant they are not worthy of wearing the uniforms but that doesnt mean the rest of the family shouldnt wear them. A bit of maturity from the two spares wouldnt go amiss but they obviously think far too much of themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
No he doesn't. He did that in the early days when most people were still reasonably team harkle ... to emphasise her ability to slither into the DMs of influential people and then ghost them when she'd get a better offer. Like she did with Lizzie Cundy too.The only time he brings it up these days is when twatty sugars throw the accusation at him in interviews that he's some sort of rejected stalker.

The fact is that she slithered into his DMs on twitter, asked for introductions and invites to 'names' and events, then closed the 'friendship' down once she bagged numb nuts hazza.Iced. Ghosted. Those are the facts. Not just HIS truth, but THE truth and he has the messages (or receipts, if you prefer that meghanism).
He no longer bothers because now we all see that he nailed her MO before most other people saw the light. Find, use, discard.
Nor would he still be in the harkle camp if she was still kissing his arse. He is team Brenda all the way and would have eventually told her to duck off, especially over the racism accusations directed at the UK and royals.
I don’t agree. He still frequently manages to mention she ghosted him. We have no way of knowing what he would have done had she stayed in touch so it’s down to a matter of opinion. But Morgan is nothing if not inconsistent. This week he was singing the praises of Prince Philip whereas previously he had written some highly negative stuff about him. Morgan has a massive ego and it does influence his views. So my view is that if Meghan was still kissing his arse he would at the very least be much slower to criticise her.

And just to be clear my view has nothing to do with whether his criticisms are valid. It’s entirely related to my opinion of Morgan.

Reactions: 1
Well, well, well. This is a turn up for the books!
Fergie the comeback queen. 😁

There will be feathers spat in Montecito.

• Haha
  • Wow
I don’t agree. He still frequently manages to mention she ghosted him. We have no way of knowing what he would have done had she stayed in touch so it’s down to a matter of opinion. But Morgan is nothing if not inconsistent. This week he was singing the praises of Prince Philip whereas previously he had written some highly negative stuff about him. Morgan has a massive ego and it does influence his views. So my view is that if Meghan was still kissing his arse he would at the very least be much slower to criticise her.

And just to be clear my view has nothing to do with whether his criticisms are valid. It’s entirely related to my opinion of Morgan.
Er,,,he mentions she ghosted him in the context of it being a pattern for her to do so. He never really turned on Markle until she did the same thing to her own father. Until then, he was quite positive about her.

If you doubt that he’s continually having to defend himself regarding her, just go listen to that twit Beresford again. That’s the crap he has to put up with. I am no fan of his either, but I think this view is unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She must have tit herself with glee when she realised Piers had actually followed her on twitter, therefore allowing her to open up the lines of 'friendly' communication with someone way, way higher on the UK and US media/entertainment foodchain than herself. Friendly communication that was quickly exploited and turned into a nice profile-raising appearance on GMB for herself. Such is how the industry operates, very little to do with raw talent, and very much to do with who knows who and who owes who.

This is the woman who wrote blogs about cynically sucking up to casting agents to make sure they remembered you, and how other actresses were competition. Piers got both barrels of her personality in very short order; the original charm offensive, the career opportunities briskly milked from him off the back of it, and the abrupt ghosting when no longer useful.

It was rather dumb of her in retrospect not to keep Piers semi-sweet given his high media profile, contacts and longstanding power in the media. She could have faded him out gently, kept him in the loop just enough to appease him in various ways, but she needed to belittle him and cut him off as if he were well beneath her in the industry. She basically treated a UK media A-lister as if he were a runner. She made the mistake of her life thinking someone like Piers was as forgettable and as disposable as her ex-husbands and boyfriends and relatives. She didn't seem to realise that dating and marrying a royal may have raised her own status temporarily, but didn't diminish his one whit. And that everyone whose head you tread on as you ascend the slippery pole is waiting to shank you when you inevitably fall back down it again.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.