Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm loving all the sugars losing their tit on twitter because there's no pictures of Archie. It's like me kicking off because they've not released pictures of me and Philip chilling over a banger. You can’t do something if it never happened 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I swear to god, MM's fans are so stupid:

Yup this is exactly what I was expecting.

A) He wasn't born then
B) The whole family didn't meet up with Archie there in the 4 months he was in the UK before his parents buggered off. Because his parents didn't want to do anything as "boring" as spending a couple of weeks in the Scottish Highlands (aka one of the most beautiful places on Earth) They preferred to hang out on the Med.
C) Kate wasn't going to post any picture she had with her kids and Archie for fear of being called evil or racist for using a picture of Meghan's child without her permission.
D) Why should the BRF include a picture of Archie when Meghan and Harry have made it clear they view the family as toxic etc?
E) Various media sources have run the pic of Archie with PP in recent days and they can't produce another one that probably never happened.
F) They wanted as many great grandchildren in the photo as possible because it's about HMTQ and PP not Archie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
So if Harry only has to quarantine for 5 days, does that mean after the funeral he has to go back into quarantine? Or is he able to leave and go back to the US? It's the Queen's birthday next week, was wondering if he might stay a bit longer.
I agree and think he should stay for her birthday - IMO it would be rude not to. There are discussions to be held with his family before he returns to Megarot.

Reactions: 17
Slut shaming is an extremely misogynistic expression. Although perhaps that's passed right over your head. Whoosh.
I kind of don't understand why people suddenly have started bandying around the term mysogynist. It was never used on social media etc until 2016 when Trump came to power. I doubt many people even know what the term means or when to use it. Trump has gone now so why still use it? I guess I am just fed up with that narrative in general. What is wrong with the term sexist or non PC. Just some musings from me sorry...

Reactions: 12
I am catching up - dared to go to sleep and then have a quiet day catching up on family calls and you lot have been very busy - so apologies if my musings have already been posted by others.

I don't think the gruesome twosome do want to come back. I think that they are spoilt brats, who left with a plan that has been thwarted at every turn by HMTQ and the pandemic hence their bitter and twisted "biography" by the plastic faced runt Omid and the "interview" with Oprah.

Now that Prince Philip has shuffled off this mortal coil so soon after the interview, in conjunction with the exposure of their 17+ lies stated within this debacle to emphasise their victimhood, I think that they are desperately trying to cash in on the emotional vulnerabilities of their family members at this time.

LIke the sleazy Prince Andrew, they are trying to use this time to guilt and badger more emotionally fragile members of their own family into giving them what they really want. PA wants his way back into active senior royal life and all the perks that come with it, after all he's mummy's little favourite, spoiled and indulged all his life until eventually his own hubris brought him down. And I, for one, hope that he stays down. Yes, as a grieving son he has a right to attend his father's funeral but if these reports of his demands and expectations are accurate then snub out that little fire of hope right now!

Harry and his wife wanted the perks and the finances without the grotty duties. Half in half out. That was, as we know, denied them. Now they see an opportunity to strike and grab back what they think they are owed and deserve. After all, as he reminded us in Oprah's "interview", Harry was born into this. He was spoiled and indulged by his mother. Then his father and grandparents, uncles and aunts, brother, cousins and in-laws. They created a greater spoilt little minion than PA!

I just hope that the desire to protect the Monarchy and the family is strong enough for them to resist the demands of the two spoilt brats of their particular generations.
OI! Are you in my head? I agree totally and posted as much. I really don't understand people dreaming of a healing in the rift. Publicly yes, personally? Not a snowball's chance in hell.
We need to remember that the interview was only thier latest dirty stunt.
The list prior to that is too long to type out and it began pre wedding.
The cunts are out and staying out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I was goaded into making my first post because of the person claiming that we don't know if there are private photos of Philip and Meghan that show their closeness (Hi - so glad to have found my people!) They deleted their post, but I still felt the need to say something.

We know because Meghan leaks everything. Everything. If such photos existed, they would be out.

It's how we also know that her supposed friendship with Eugenie is a farce - there is literally no photographic evidence of them interacting. Ever. Not one single photo. Even at the few family events Meg attended, there is nothing. In fact, on their last balcony appearance (where Harry scolded her to turn around), Jack Brooksbank is pointedly moving as far away from her as he physically could and never even glanced in her direction. Not to mention, if they were truly friends, Meghan would have turned to her for information. How can you claim to be BFFs with a royal but simultaneously know absolutely nothing--not even the most basic information and etiquette--about the family? You also wouldn't announce your pregnancy at your BFFs wedding and then further step on every single important event in their life. You also wouldn't trash their family on international TV. I think the York girls are a convenient excuse because Harry was once close to them and she knows that they will never say anything. Not only were they brought up with the "never explain, never complain" motto, but it would open them up to questions about their dad. They don't speak to the press about anything other than their philanthropic causes and their big life events. And don't even get me started on their claim that they want to just be like the York girls, who work actual jobs and don't use their titles at work.

There is also no way that a new, first time mother, would allow someone to quarantine with them or introduce them to their six week old baby after they had flown commercial during a pandemic. If Harry is at Frogmore (IF - I think he is at NottCott), Eugenie, Jack, and August are not.
For Eugenie, with friends like MM who needs enemies.
Given the soap drama that is her parents lives & marriage, Eugenie & Beatrice have likely developed well honed diplomatic skills & deep forbearance. As pointed out, E&B will be stringent in avoiding any ad hoc engagement with the press & looks like they are already good at this.

Hazza is likely at Frogmore, maybe Eugenia & her family are elsewhere, say her parent’s house or Windsor Castle.
Not unheard of for a new mum & family to go stay with her parents.

Reactions: 19
A discussion is taking place on Quora about PA demanding to wear an Admiral uniform at the funeral. An insider says it is because PA doesn’t want to be the only one in a plain suit besides loser Harry.

Benjamin Smallbrook has written:

Andrew has surfaced in the run-up to Philip’s funeral. He is demanding that he be allowed to wear the uniform of an Admiral. This is a rank he has never held in his life! The ‘leak’ that is coming from the Palace is that Andrew doesn’t want to be seen wearing just a morning suit, like Harry, because he sees Harry as ‘an idiot who has let the side down’. What makes it all the more difficult for Andrew to cope with, is knowing that Charles, William, and Anne and even Edward will all be in military dress.”
That makes sense to me. If you listen to Andrew’s speech about his father I thought he was trying to emphasise he was in the ‘inner sanctum’ crowd (as opposed to JCMH)

Reactions: 12
Now, without wishing to be mean about a child, I see the signs (along with another thing where she was messing about, I think on the balcony at BP?) of a spare used to getting their own way and dicking about already. Compare with George, upright and smiling at the camera (doing what he "should" as a future monarch). Hopefully she won't turn out like Andrew and Harry, but you never know, although I'd expect William and Catherine to have her turn out right.
I really think you are reading too much in it , Charlotte has a very out going personality and I very much doubt she is she is acting like a spoilt child , She is a kid being a kid as is George , He is quite shy but I think he will grow out of it eventully , Maybe Kate & Will are letting thier kids actully be kids

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I agree and think he should stay for her birthday - IMO it would be rude not to. There are discussions to be held with his family before he returns to Megarot.
I doubt they will discuss his situation. This time is about supporting The Queen in her loss. I would imagine that if there are going to be any discussions they will be held at a later date. The media seems to think the fact that William and Harry will have to walk side by side at the funeral is some magic formula for healing the rift. I think that is extremely unlikely. Too much has been said for reconciliation to be that easy and The Oprah interview lobbed a grenade into an already fraught situation.

I think Harry will attend the funeral, everyone will be icily polite and he will return to the States asap. What happens next is anyone’s guess at this point. Will he and Meghan dig themselves in deeper or will they change their approach?

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
Now, without wishing to be mean about a child, I see the signs (along with another thing where she was messing about, I think on the balcony at BP?) of a spare used to getting their own way and dicking about already. Compare with George, upright and smiling at the camera (doing what he "should" as a future monarch). Hopefully she won't turn out like Andrew and Harry, but you never know, although I'd expect William and Catherine to have her turn out right.
Nah, I don't think so. William and Catherine will make sure that doesn't happen. I feel like they'll have a great sibling relationship like Price Charles and Princess Anne do, obviously extended to 3 children.

Reactions: 26
I doubt they will discuss his situation. This time is about supporting The Queen in her loss. I would imagine that if there are going to be any discussions they will be held at a later date. The media seems to think the fact that William and Harry will have to walk side by side at the funeral is some magic formula for healing the rift. I think that is extremely unlikely. Too much has been said for reconciliation to be that easy and The Oprah interview lobbed a grenade into an already fraught situation.

I think Harry will attend the funeral, everyone will be icily polite and he will return to the States asap. What happens next is anyone’s guess at this point. Will he and Meghan dig themselves in deeper or will they change their approach?
I think you're right. The media are just writing about The Big Rift because it's easy clickbait after everything that's happened in the last month. The bit about Kate being peacemaker just came from Camilla T saying Kate used to be close to Harry and doesn't like conflict very much. I don't expect much forward momentum but 1 million articles analysing their every facial expression and the length of Harry's stay.

How they play everything going forward is anyone's guess. I think it depends on the mood a few weeks after the funeral and what happens with their daughter's birth.

Reactions: 18
The thing I love about the photo with the 7 grandchildren is how natural the Queen looks holding Louis. She's clearly a woman with a lot of experience holding babies. Contrast that with Megain trying to hold on to Archie as she read a story.

Also I think it's far more likely that Charlotte has middle child syndrome rather than spare heir syndrome. I seriously doubt that she knows what an heir is, let alone that she's the spare one.

I kind of don't understand why people suddenly have started bandying around the term mysogynist. It was never used on social media etc until 2016 when Trump came to power. I doubt many people even know what the term means or when to use it. Trump has gone now so why still use it? I guess I am just fed up with that narrative in general. What is wrong with the term sexist or non PC. Just some musings from me sorry...
That's odd. I quite clearly remember using the term misogyny back in the 1970's. And the 80's/90's etc. It's pretty much been in constant use since the 1950's when hatred towards women began to be remarked upon. In fact there's a whole academic genre devoted to it.

Evidence of misogyny goes back centuries but perhaps you're not a history fan.

The vast majority of people are aware of it. Particularly women, many of whom have suffered it or at least know of women who have.
It doesn't compare with 'sexist' or 'non PC' because it's about hatred. And it has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I swear to god, MM's fans are so stupid:

I really dont understand how someone could look at that photo and declare it racist? I mean, Archie wasnt even THERE...

I dont think Charlotte is being naughty in that photo, she's looking at her mummy?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I am of the female sex, I've known what misogynistic means since I was 9, male power, over female bodies and the assumption that females are just there to gratify men. I don't think that I'll stop using the term misogynistic anytime soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
now that the RF has posted a picture of all the great grandchildren, will the harkles use this opportunity to inch their way back into the family? Maybe ask for an invite to Balmoral for the holidays?
or will their narrative change from "the UK media and people are so TOXIC" --> "nobody in the family wants us in the UK so we left" :rolleyes:

Reactions: 13
Nah, I don't think so. William and Catherine will make sure that doesn't happen. I feel like they'll have a great sibling relationship like Price Charles and Princess Anne do, obviously extended to 3 children.
I actually appreciate the fact that they don’t force Princess Charlotte into contrived and coy roles. She’s clearly a feisty and expressive child, allowed both tantrums and exuberance. And both parents seem to tend to her carefully and equally.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Also I think it's far more likely that Charlotte has middle child syndrome rather than spare heir syndrome. I seriously doubt that she knows what an heir is, let alone that she's the spare one.
That's true, I hadn't really intended to imply that's where she's at right now - you're right that she's likely too young to know or care about the spare issue. More a concern (and a very mild one, because there's a lot of time and events between now and Charlotte being grown up) that if she is indulged now, it could lead to actual problems similar to Andrew and Harry when she is aware that she is the spare.

Reactions: 9
Why the hell is Eugiene referring to BBQ and beer? Maybe there is something in that 'blind' after all?
I'm still catching up but I am not reading anything into the BBQ comments. Philip seemed like a family man as well as being Royal. The Greeks are big on family & BBQ's, I know, I was married to one.Ex FIL was terrible, he'd regularly take his eye off the sausages and I'd have to rescue them while he was too busy claiming his was the best BBQ we'd ever have. Funny days.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I really dont understand how someone could look at that photo and declare it racist? I mean, Archie wasnt even THERE...
Because he currently exists and is part African American and he wasn't in the photo. It doesn't matter that he wasn't even born at the time. From a Sugar POV they should have used a photo that included him or not released one at all. No matter that Lucas Tindall and August Brooksbank weren't there either. Because they weren't born yet. Because Archie and his mother are the most important people ever in the BRF.

Never mind that a photo of all the Great Grandkids including Archie probably doesn't exist because his parents flounced when he was 4 months old and he has never come back and they made it clear they were more interested in partying with celebs than spending time with his family in the peace of Balmoral.

Never mind that if Kate had released a photo of Archie with her kids that might exist Kate would be accused of using a biracial woman's baby to gain attention or something. And Meghan would have called up Gayle to say she never gave permission and Kate made her cry again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.