Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what the history books will make of it all, the danger MM posed to the RF.
Honestly I feel there will be a chapter in books to come of the disgruntled grandson who with his Hollywood wife attempted to topple the RF.
Narc I'm sure will still claim it as a win 😠

Reactions: 14
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Every decision they’ve made has been a mistake. Either they have crap advisers or they don’t listen to good advice.

Firstly never lay down an ultimatum unless you are sure you have the winning hand. And never make a public announcement which assumes you will get what you want.

The Queen called their bluff and took more things away from them than they had anticipated. In effect they were cut loose and because they’d already announced their departure they couldn’t really back down.

Secondly never, if at all possible, get into a fight with the media. You may win the battle but you will lose the war. When they see their ”press freedom” being threatened the media stick together and they don’t forgive. From the moment H&M fired the first shots in the media war there will have been journalists assigned to sniffing out every possible negative story about them. And it won’t ever stop.

Thirdly, do not attack your family in the media. Rifts that are wide already will be stretched further by airing private grievances in public. The Opra interview was a huge mistake.

They have now totally backed themselves into a corner with precious little support from any direction.

I don’t feel the hatred for them that I see on these threads and I think the whole fake Archie thing is total tinhattery. But I do think the pair of them are much too self absorbed and incapable of seeing how their comments and actions will be perceived. Harry is very much his mother’s son - very emotionally fragile. And Meghan is too American ever to understand the way the British aristocracy operates. Together they both manage to make each others faults worse and dig themselves into a deeper and deeper mess.
Meghan being American is not why this happened. There are many Americans who understand the way the monarchy and aristocracy works, and many millions of others who respect the institution enough to have sought to understand it had they found themselves in her position. It’s her favorite cop out to say it’s all because she was a poor uninformed American and I really don’t understand how that’s just accepted. There are many factors to Meghan that made it a bad fit, very few of them are exclusive to Americans.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The Andrew story sounds incredibly unlikely to me, probably more media baiting. I don't like Andrew at all but its hard to believe that he would upset his mum over which pretty uniform he should wear to his dad's funeral or insist on wearing something he's not entitled to.🙄

This is most likely pot stirring coming from the Harkles camp. Perhaps they should all just attend dressed in suits? Its not a state funeral so the uniforms are unnecessary.
I don't believe it either. I think it's more pr bluster to try to illustrate that poor ickle hazza is not nearly as awful as that terrible man who skinned kittens and kicked puppy dogs to death for shits n giggles, so Brenda should let hazza have his dress-up box and his shiny medals back. After all he only accused his family and the whole UK of being racist dot dot dot no big deal really.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Meghan being American is not why this happened. There are many Americans who understand the way the monarchy and aristocracy works, and many millions of others who respect the institution enough to have sought to understand it had they found themselves in her position. It’s her favorite cop out to say it’s all because she was a poor uninformed American and I really don’t understand how that’s just accepted. There are many factors to Meghan that made it a bad fit, very few of them are exclusive to Americans.
Yeah I agree. She also complained about there not being any classes on "how to be royal". Does she realise that at least half of that is solved by having basic good manners, like not getting into a car before HMTQ, and the rest by having an actual willingness to learn rather than trying to change everything to her preference.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Absolutly loving Charlotte in that picture , you can just tell when she grows up whatever career she has she will excel
Now, without wishing to be mean about a child, I see the signs (along with another thing where she was messing about, I think on the balcony at BP?) of a spare used to getting their own way and dicking about already. Compare with George, upright and smiling at the camera (doing what he "should" as a future monarch). Hopefully she won't turn out like Andrew and Harry, but you never know, although I'd expect William and Catherine to have her turn out right.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Oh sorry. I believe you are right. Either way he could wear one of two uniforms but why need a third (Admiral)
I did see other posts indicating that post service he could not wear Commodore (or final active rank if it wasn’t Commodore), I do think this depends on type of exit. A family member of mine reached end of service but is not yet drawing a pension and so cannot/will not wear uniform..
I’m a little behind so this may have been covered already.
Andrew wouldn’t be able to wear his rank/uniform from Service now he is retired (even once pensionable he would not be allowed). All the Royals now only wear uniform related to their honorary positions. Hope that helps.

from the limited info I’ve read on his latest paddy, Andrew hasn’t been granted full honorary rank of Admiral so would be entitled to wear Vice Admiral - I cannot understand for 1 second what difference it makes...99% of people wouldn’t bloody be able to tell the difference. Hubby and I both served in the Army and I still can’t workout the Navel ranks - it’s all stripes (thick & thin combinations of different ones) I hazard thed difference between Vice Admiral and Admiral is one different thickness of stripe on the shoulder...I’m sure a more knowledgeable Tattler will know though @kev1974 usually had a good grip of Forces “stuff”!!! 😂 In general though I’d suggest Andrew gets back in his box and STFU. He didn’t earn either rank so really makes no difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There are countless websites away from the mainstream media pushing the Harkles narrative.
Old, but this speech gives a lot of insight into the current situation:
Modus operandi explained.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Yeah I agree. She also complained about there not being any classes on "how to be royal". Does she realise that at least half of that is solved by having basic good manners, like not getting into a car before HMTQ, and the rest by having an actual willingness to learn rather than trying to change everything to her preference.
even i know that from the princess diaries!!!! a queen never slides!!! and she never went in first 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Can't believe the amount of idiots on FB angry that Archie isn't in this photo 🤦‍♀️🤣🤦‍♀️
A photo of them all assembled (after Archie’s birth obviously) undoubtedly isn’t available - you’ve got to turn up tofamily get-togethers to be in the picture.... The same goes for pics of Smeg with all these royals she’s ‘bonded with’ - if you’re not there then no evidence for posterity!

Reactions: 38
Even after Archie was born, his parents didn't stay here long enough for a family photo which would have included all the great grandkids

Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.