Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe Harry didn’t say before he left USA to Meghan and their PR -

“this is a week of mourning for my Grandad. I will do a tribute to him. I want no PR , puff pieces or game playing during this time . Respect this as this is important to me. “

Of course , he shouldn’t really even have to say this as anyone who cared would understand this .
That would probably work with someone who respects you...........

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have no concerns about the Queen standing firm. She was taught well by her mother re Wallis1.0. I hope she lives long enough to do something about the titles and succession etc.

Charles does concern me. Although with him wanting to slim the Monarchy down, there is hope. Unfortunately, when he first floated the idea, I think it included Hazno.

Hopefully Camilla and William will hold firm, and remind him of the damage they have done and not let even the slightest concession go their way.
How could Charles or any family member ever be relaxed in their company. Imagine the public reaction too, I have no doubt they’d be booed by some wag on the street if they were spotted.

Nah, with luck and a strong wind behind him, he’ll be back in the Cali sunshine Sunday night being debriefed by Meghan , never to return, fingers crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I wont be happy if they let those two back into the RF and I think it will do them damage if they let them. They made their decision to leave and to my mind they shouldnt be allowed back. I certainly dont want taxpayers money supporting them after what they have done to the Royal Family and making the UK look like racists.

Their titles should be taken away at the very least.
I agree. I really cannot accept that this is purely a family matter any more. Harry and Meghan have insulted and undermined not only the Royal Family but also the people of the UK and Commonwealth and the values that define us. The views of the British people, many of whom do not accept that the nasty pair are fit to represent our monarchy in any capacity or trust them as far as we could throw them, must be taken into account. If we are ignored, I believe the repercussions will be very damaging indeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
So I think we are definitely starting to see the cogs come off with Megan and her PR machine and her 'friends' are scrambling to make her the gracious hero in this now that she has already played the victim card with the Oprah interview. We all know she is without a doubt a narcissist and as I have said on a previous thread she can only ever been seen as the victim or hero never ever the villain.

I think she got a rude awakening when she saw the outpouring and love and support for PP and TRF and I without a doubt think the statement from Obama , which I though was full of shade directed at the Harkles, really rattled her. So now she is back peddling furiously.

Megan's down fall is she played to an American audience ,who no offensive to any Americans on this thread, have very little idea about the royal family and what they stand for. They , like her, assumed the royal family were like the Disney films , not an institution.

'Ariel' has never quite gotten that she is not nor never will be the centre of attention when it comes to the royal family. The monarch followed by his or her successors are. She could have done so much for POC and WOC if she had just reined her ego in and actually been a role model. Rather than a stage 5 clinger who took to writing positive affirmations on bananas. Her ego and her need to feed it has and always will be her downfall.
The recent articles in the DM talk about how PP gave Catherine some advice about dealing with all the attention - and that was to never think it was about you personally, you are not a celebrity and they are here to witness the institution that is the RF. Oh, and never look at the camera, Liz doesn't.

Can you imagine how much Meghan would be dying inside to even contemplate that as a way of being let alone accepting and applying it ?

Impossibubble.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I respectfully disagree that she just ‘met’ Harry and decided he was worth hanging on to. I think she’s a nasty, self serving narcissist with a Diana fixation who networked hard until she managed to connect with someone who could set her up with Harry. She even allegedly researched his mum’s favourite perfume to wear on the date! Since then she’s manipulated him relentlessly. The public welcomed her with open arms as, apparently, did the RF, but because the reality didn’t match her fantasy she spat in everyone’s faces and since he met her he’s gone from the cheeky chappy fun loving prince to a resentful, scowling malcontent. I’m far from exonerating Harry from responsibility in this whole shitshow but in my opinion MM is a thoroughly nasty, narcissistic POS who deserves everything that’s being said here. Have you ever seen the meme about playing chess with a pigeon? Yeah...if you modify it slightly it would go ‘dealing with MM is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how well you play she going to tit on the board and strut around like she’s won’.
Sorry, when I say met Harry- I have my own tin foil hat theories on that too. I don’t think it was by chance at all, I just think that once she met him/got him, she wasn’t letting go. It was worth too much to her. This was the kind of fame she could only dream of.

She has made indisputable parallels between herself and Diana- but lots of people can see through it. As for her “I’ve had it worse than Kate”- I think that’s bullshit- try 20 years of unrelenting coverage and then talk to me about how hard it’s been. Kate and her whole family were put through the ringer- but they passed all of Williams tests- no one spoke to the press, even when they broke up. Uncle Gary was caught in a sting while high, so I think they forgave him- he got a wedding ticket anyway.

When Meghan didn’t get her way and realized she was too far down the line to get the full spotlight- she bolted and took an ever willing Harry with her. I can’t stand her, but he’s always been an entitled prat and doesn’t get enough credit for the mess they are in. I just think he’s more naive because of how protected he has been, and she completely underestimated the power of the firm she shat on.

Reactions: 40

Hazno will need to quarantine for 14 days when he heads back to the US (since he's taking ordinary public flights now that Orca, Elton, Tyler and the Clooneys have called in their private jet loan perks).

Surely he can just stay in Archiedoll's garden wendy house for the 14 days.
Or down at the chicken coop.
Or the cell that his wife normally keeps him in.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I saw this photo on Instagram somewhere. The fact that there are more photos of Pippa interacting with Philip just speaks volumes of Smeg's non-existent "special relationship" with him. She's so full of tit it's actually funny!

View attachment 528800
Wasn't that taken at Willi and Kate's wedding ? Nobody had heard of Meghan then!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Baffled by the Andrew wanting to attend as a full Admiral story. He doesn't hold that rank. He's an honorary Vice-admiral so that's his uniform. Or was he actually promoted to full Admiral and they've been keeping it quiet? There was a story that he'd offered to defer his full Admiral promotion on his 60th birthday. Maybe his 'offer' was as far as it went, and he got his promotion. Awkward.

Harry doesn't hold an honorary rank for very good reasons (like being an all-round traitorous twunt) and if he isn't in a plain suit, people will get genuinely angry.

He's in Nottingham Cottage, isn't he? The Sun were right and the Frogmore stuff is Harkle PR trying to pretend they still have a Royal residence....
The Andrew story sounds incredibly unlikely to me, probably more media baiting. I don't like Andrew at all but its hard to believe that he would upset his mum over which pretty uniform he should wear to his dad's funeral or insist on wearing something he's not entitled to.🙄

This is most likely pot stirring coming from the Harkles camp. Perhaps they should all just attend dressed in suits? Its not a state funeral so the uniforms are unnecessary.

Reactions: 30
It is interesting to see how much public opinion towards Harry and Meghan has shifted, since the fallout from the interview with Oprah!

And interesting to see the comments from so many new posters! Its also interesting to have been someone who has been fascinated by these threads for months... to have seen so many of the previous comments and also to have seen so many of the original caustic and highly critical comments about Harry and Meghan coming true!!

And there are elements of these, that make it tricky to respond at times!

like the whole thing about the moonbump.....and the confusion over the birth of Archie! I have no idea what exactly happened here, but there is something odd, and if its connected to Meghan and Harry, probably something extremely dodgy about this! It might be IVF, but.. it might be frustrated merchandising opportunities...but there is something......nasty .....being covered up! Why was nothing known about when and where Archie was born and who delivered him?

Meghan isn't a remotely nice person, nor is Harry. Meghan has been proven to be........extremely selfish and manipulative....in almost everything she does.. Meeting Harry, 2 timing Harry with Cory,
Setting up Thomas, her own dad, both with the set up pap pics, and with the letter she sent him,
attacking the press, on numerous occasions, doing her south africa documentary, selling herself out as an elephant voice over, selling her friends jewellery despite being repeatedly advised it was against the proceedures of the RF,
losing female staff regularly, being rude and unkind to staff, even throwing hot tea all over them!
doing her Oprah interview, using sunshine sacks and her own American PR company from the minute she met Harry, to promote herself and her own self interests, often in direct conflict with the Press office of the RF.
the list goes on and on.....

• Heart
The Queen is conflict avoidant, it was always Philip that played the boogeyman, it is understandable, she was born in a environment where no one opposed her, Philip had to learn that there are people who will "disobey" and twist the rules for selfish reasons.
Life gave the Queen lessons, and she was able to see things, but understanding the origin of the problem, or the consequences would be hard. She is one of the most documented people on the planet, and from this one thing can be established as a fact, it is hard to understand the outside world when the only interaction with it are controlled by others or lead by one's position, in her case being Queen.

The above doesn't make her incompetent, but it certainly enabled her mindset," if we wait long enough it will go away. "
The problem is that news travels instantly, and at her age there will be to many "yes men" around.

Charles is incapable of making decisions, is easily cornered and now will be frightened of pressure against him or Camilla.
For someone as smart as him, reading the room never got further than Markles level.
Leting the Harkles back in, either after public pressure, media pressure or Harkle blackmail will come back to bite them.

The aftermath of divorce from Diana, after paying a hefty sum, after her staying at Kensington, after ofering her the treatment of the mother of a future king, didn't stop Diana from fantasising about being a American star, rolling on yachts of arms dealers, meddling in politics, overshadowing Royal events, no it got worse.

And Harry wants revenge, it was clear directly after George was born, it got worse with the other two.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think Megain deliberately targeted Harry. And Harry was too stupid to notice, too arrogant to listen to his family and friends and all to ready to marry in haste. He never looks happy and I don't think he is happy but he's too proud to admit the mistake. Eventually he'll get over that pride.

There's an endless list of mistakes that Megain has made but perhaps the biggest one was to think the RF were celebrities. Didn't she say in the interview that she grew up around celebrities? The RF may be celebrated but they're not celebrities. They're public servants and they are all well aware of that. They don't live a celebrity lifestyle, they live a life of public service. Megain didn't know that there was a difference.

I'm convinced that she's a malignant narcissist and she will NEVER admit being in the wrong. She will always be the misunderstood victim, the caring heart, the only one who truly understands 'service' (and that word begins with 'self') It will always be someone elses fault. Someone elses negativity and someone elses cruelty. How long before she turns on Harry?

She can never return to the RF. No one can trust her, not the RF themselves, not the citizens of the UK. She should stay where she is and hope that the money keeps coming in. I honestly can't see Diana's money lasting that long.

• Heart
The Andrew story sounds incredibly unlikely to me, probably more media baiting. I don't like Andrew at all but its hard to believe that he would upset his mum over which pretty uniform he should wear to his dad's funeral or insist on wearing something he's not entitled to.🙄

This is most likely pot stirring coming from the Harkles camp. Perhaps they should all just attend dressed in suits? Its not a state funeral so the uniforms are unnecessary.
I thought Philips funeral was meant to be a military one? To differentiate it from the larger and bigger state funeral, often given to monarchy?

So if they have a uniform everyone entitled should wear it?

Reactions: 15

I totally agree Scotch. Andrew has stayed out of the picture for so long that I find it hard to believe this is him speaking. Definitely coming from Harkles camp. As they know H will not be wearing his dress up uniform

Reactions: 22
I have no concerns about the Queen standing firm. She was taught well by her mother re Wallis1.0. I hope she lives long enough to do something about the titles and succession etc.

Charles does concern me. Although with him wanting to slim the Monarchy down, there is hope. Unfortunately, when he first floated the idea, I think it included Hazno.

Hopefully Camilla and William will hold firm, and remind him of the damage they have done and not let even the slightest concession go their way.
This concerns me too. If there are any weak links its Charles, I think they will try and wheedle their way back in and after the demise of HMTQ. work on Chaz for more leeway and more for the half in half out royalty . We really don't know what sort of a King Chaz will be, and I think he is a big softie regarding H. I hope I've misjudged his character and position I really do, and that they all stand firm together to keep them well out of the RF

• Sad
Reactions: 23
In her latest video Lady C in answer to questions on the subject conceded that the drama and stress caused by H & M did not help a sick and dying man. It was clear to many that PP was released from hospital to go home to die and that Charles's visit was to take on the baton of looking after TQ and kingly duties. Lady C also remarked that PP had huge understanding of Harry's actions eg selling his grandfather's hunting rifles as being of someone in the grips of a mad woman 'off her trolley' who he loved. He understood the situation JCMH was in.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.