Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In her latest video Lady C in answer to questions on the subject conceded that the drama and stress caused by H & M did not help a sick and dying man. It was clear to many that PP was released from hospital to go home to die and that Charles's visit was to take on the baton of looking after TQ and kingly duties. Lady C also remarked that PP had huge understanding of Harry's actions eg selling his grandfather's hunting rifles as being of someone in the grips of a mad woman 'off her trolley' who he loved. He understood the situation JCMH was in.
With hindsight, does anyone else think that Lady C was given permission to release the 'Princess Anne said Megz was unsuitable' news to clear that out of the way before Prince Philip passed?

Lady C is repeating that the RF view is that MM is unhinged, detached from reality and unreliable. That paves the way for any of her future accusations to be treated as suspect, doesn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I thought Philips funeral was meant to be a military one? To differentiate it from the larger and bigger state funeral, often given to monarchy?

So if they have a uniform everyone entitled should wear it?
I think the press and Harkles pr are making a big thing about suits and uniform. Protocol will be followed and PP's wishes taken into account. He wanted a low-key ceremony so maybe they will wear suits. I believe the Royal Marines will be carrying the coffin (in uniform). I can't see Andrew kicking up a fuss and neither should Harry.

Reactions: 22
I think Carole Middleton's March 4th announcement that she was halting all PR (including the photoshoot for a Good Housekeeping spread that was planned out of respect for an ailing PP (it was early days of his hospital stay and before the interview)) set the stage for the horrific optics of H&M going ahead with the interview and while PP was still alive, that wasn't clear to them (although clear to everyone else on the planet... especially with the defiant PR statements of "nothing will stop us" which later was replaced with "if he had passed we would have postponed the airing of the interview " which has been changed yet again). They are the king and kween of revisionist history.
Burberry has announced that they are postponing their digital runway show ( that I think was scheduled for the 14th) out of respect for PP and RF.
What pap call do we think she is planning:
1) JFKjr Farchie cosplay in front of a home made PP altar?
2) a visit to the LA british consulate with a bouquet of flowers from her garden (please have the dude at the door shut the door in her face after refusing the flowers and refusing entry)
3) a visit to the local Episcopalian church to do a cosplay AoC ceremony?
I forget about CaroleM’s statement - good catch.
A neat example of doing the ‘right thing’.
Extended family pulling together rather than lobbing insults & unsubstantiated allegations at your own family from afar.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
With hindsight, does anyone else think that Lady C was given permission to release the 'Princess Anne said Megz was unsuitable' news to clear that out of the way before Prince Philip passed?

Lady C is repeating that the RF view is that MM is unhinged, detached from reality and unreliable. That paves the way for any of her future accusations to be treated as suspect, doesn't it?
Lady C in this specific case IMHO just enables the Harkles to put more blame on the Royals, simply by claiming that they are treating Meagain in the same way as Diana(unhinged, mental etc)
It actually helps the Harkles, Lady C would never name her sources, Harkles get their Diana 2.0 narrative by simply pointing out that its from the royal/British/aristo/racist side.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Wasn't that taken at Willi and Kate's wedding ? Nobody had heard of Meghan then!
Yes, taken at the wedding. And indeed, nobody had heard of Meghan then. And to this day there are no photos like this of Philip with her.

Reactions: 25
I think Megain deliberately targeted Harry. And Harry was too stupid to notice, too arrogant to listen to his family and friends and all to ready to marry in haste. He never looks happy and I don't think he is happy but he's too proud to admit the mistake. Eventually he'll get over that pride.

There's an endless list of mistakes that Megain has made but perhaps the biggest one was to think the RF were celebrities. Didn't she say in the interview that she grew up around celebrities? The RF may be celebrated but they're not celebrities. They're public servants and they are all well aware of that. They don't live a celebrity lifestyle, they live a life of public service. Megain didn't know that there was a difference.

I'm convinced that she's a malignant narcissist and she will NEVER admit being in the wrong. She will always be the misunderstood victim, the caring heart, the only one who truly understands 'service' (and that word begins with 'self') It will always be someone elses fault. Someone elses negativity and someone elses cruelty. How long before she turns on Harry?

She can never return to the RF. No one can trust her, not the RF themselves, not the citizens of the UK. She should stay where she is and hope that the money keeps coming in. I honestly can't see Diana's money lasting that long.
Not at the rate they will get through the money, it wont.....

Reactions: 14
I believe that Harry will have little contact with members of the BRF outside the funeral. Staff will contact him to tell him what to wear and what the arrangements will be, he will come at the time he is being told to the place he is being told, say hello to everyone who is there and then go when it is over and then fly back to the US.

That's it.
I don't think anyone will talk to him about the interview or anything else.

Reactions: 44
I believe that Harry will have little contact with members of the BRF outside the funeral. Staff will contact him to tell him what to wear and what the arrangements will be, he will come at the time he is being told to the place he is being told, say hello to everyone who is there and then go when it is over and then fly back to the US.

That's it.
I don't think anyone will talk to him about the interview or anything else.
Lets hope the door doesnt bang him on the arse on his way out.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I hardly ever post on this thread, but I did see that someone had posted about Princess Alice (PP mother) and had called her an “embarrassment” amongst other things.
@freda19 then made a brilliant post in Princess Alice’s defence, and listed some of the brave things she had done in her life. I didn’t know that much about her before PP passing, so when a mini documentary about her popped up, I decided to watch it, and she really did have a terrible time, her own mother for instance had her placed in an asylum, and this was because she was profoundly deaf. The poor woman tried to escape, and was basically told that she had no say in her own life, and was forced to have awful procedures, in order to “cure” her. Of course Phillip was too young to help his mother, but he loved her dearly.
This is the mini documentary that I watched, I think it might be quite interesting to anyone interested in this wonderful and misunderstood woman..

It's great that Princess Alice is getting more exposure, however her mother Princess Victoria had her sectioned for good reason and was herself an amazing lady. It's fabulous that the stories about these 2 women are coming to the for becasue quite frankly they both show Meghan in an even worse light. Where anyone got the idea that Meghan was some strong, independent woman I'll never know.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Wasn't that taken at Willi and Kate's wedding ? Nobody had heard of Meghan then!
I think the point was made earlier by another Tattler - the best pic MM can pony up to demonstrate her "special bond" with PP was her walking behind him on at the Christmas walk to church .......... even Pippa has a nice shot of a warm moment with PP and she isn't married to a member of the RF.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I think that labelling people in derogatory ways detracts from constructive discussions about their behaviour. It fuels the contention that they have been the subject of discrimination.

My personal take on Meghan- she met a guy who is known to be charming and decided he was definitely worth hanging on to. I don’t believe for a second that she didn’t know who his family was or what being a member of the royal family would mean for her in terms of personal gain. It’s like meeting the good looking, rich professional- the one your parents want you to bring home- Harry was that on steroids. But unlike a celebrity union, where she could jump on noble causes and save the world à la Diana... she was not marrying the heir to the throne. And I don’t think she fully realised the constraints of her role as a person who would always come below William and Kate. She would not be allowed to cherry pick her causes and she would have to play by the rules.

When that didn’t work- they decided they’d make up their own rules. But I don’t think they checked or at least confirmed what they would be allowed to do as Duke and Duchess in commercial enterprises. As someone just mentioned- they rolled the dice and came up short. Now they are abroad, Covid has hit and no one (not even Canada or Donald) will pay for their security. They have to take what they are given and that’s Netflix and Spotify and whatever other Multinationals who want to pay for an inspirational talk. To be successful in this- they need to become relevant and now that they are not royal in a professional way, they have to become celebrities. So they did the interview. What card (the only card really) does Meghan have left- race. Instead of biding her time until Charles was King and playing by the rules, they went for the jugular- “people were racist about my child”. And the only people that believed them were celebrities of no consequence and some people of colour who were just glad (from my own personal conversations) to see someone talking about institutional racism. The problem- I cry bullshit.

I do think that Harry would have been an awful fool to lie completely- I do think someone may have said “oh what will the kids look like” or even “are you ready for the potential racism the child will face if dark”, but from conversations with my own in-laws, it’s usually meant with curiosity or even concern. I actually don’t think Harry knew she was going to bring that up and I would love to see an unedited copy of the interview. If the duke hadn’t gotten sick, I actually think that the allegations could have gained more traction, but alas- the Queen Mother and her funny jokes. The false statements were picked apart and the unsubstantiated allegations were called just that- unsubstantiated. And fair play to William- “we are very much not a racist family.”

Meghan didn’t come because she’s pregnant and not welcome. It’s both. This week is meant to be about the duke and not two children who threw their toys out of the pram and didn’t get their way. Now she’s back peddling but it’s probably too little too late.
I agree with some of your post, however allegedly Meghan was going to be allowed to choose her own causes, the RF bent over backwards to accomodate her, they even suggested she continue working. The real issue was that she wasn't allowed to monetise her position and she was always going to play second or third fiddle, once she realised that she was off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

The above actually conveys the problem, they are not going anywhere without a clean cut and brute media force.
Hell will freeze before Markle leaves the
-association
-titles
-childrens heritage(by association)
-future inheritances
-future royalties..
The list is endless. The Royals are stuck, and seem completely oblivious to the fact that the Harkles are a welcome addition to anti-monarchists, woke groups, republicanism, and foreign political pressure groups.
Remember even on British soil, why Blair never got a knighthood, and why he suddenly changed the tune in his books.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

The above actually conveys the problem, they are not going anywhere without a clean cut and brute media force.
Hell will freeze before Markle leaves the
-association
-titles
-childrens heritage(by association)
-future inheritances
-future royalties..
The list is endless. The Royals are stuck, and seem completely oblivious to the fact that the Harkles are a welcome addition to anti-monarchists, woke groups, republicanism, and foreign political pressure groups.
Remember even on British soil, why Blair never got a knighthood, and why he suddenly changed the tune in his books.
I reckon Blair didn’t get a K because he decommissioned Brenda’s beloved royal yacht as part of Labour’s cost cutting pledges.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.