Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really? Was she?? I've seen all 3 films, and can't remember seeing her in any of them :D
The Horrible Bosses one (Fedex Girl) is well known, think her appearance is all of about 20 seconds long. Hardly "starring" :ROFLMAO:

The other two films you mention, no idea.

There are a load more of her appearances as an extra in this video. In every.single.one. of them she plays it with exactly the same voice and accent, and it's her normal every day accent. You know how sometimes someone who's been on Corrie or Eastenders for years suddenly appears on a chat show in their "normal" non-acting voice and it's "WOW I NEVER KNEW THEY SOUNDED LIKE THAT!". Well she is so tit of an actress she cannot even change her voice or accent. Just not fit to be called an actress, it's an absolute insult to proper actresses.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Hope wherever H is staying in quarantine there is WiFi, he can whittle away his time online finding out about the shitstorm he and his low rent wife have caused, and also read what us genuine people think of them!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
tumblr_c4d43c10503b988fbde2559953486142_807dbdcb_500.jpg

I've just come across this 😳 how was she allowed to go out looking like the town tart?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
The Crown didn’t help memories - it was quite unpleasant that bit about his mother and how Queen Mary and the Queen Mother apparently talked about her. (Not that anyone knows of course because all three women are dead and the crown is fictional). So many people think it’s a documentary.
The Crown was very inaccurate in a number of ways in that episode. Philip’s mother never gave that interview to the journalist and there is no evidence of the various conversations had about her by Queen Mary, The Queen and Prince Philip. However it was accurate in depicting the general attitude of society towards her at that time so I guess they used poetic license to use Queen Mary as the vehicle for expressing what was being said in general.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
My opinion on this is that Meghan has seen the magnitude of publicity regarding the death of PP. She can now imagine what scale it will be when the Queen goes and wants to be a part of that. The lies she could spout on how close she was the the Queen, how the Queen depended on her etc. Crikey, there would be no end to it. And when William gets the PoW title she will see it only fair the she and H get another title. By saying she forgives them and wants to move on, she wants the investigation of racism, bullying behaviour to be stopped because, SHE forgives them and if you want H back he comes as a package. Quite how she will deal with the cushion children is another matter for her little head to deal with but she will. She has told feeble lies before to suit and will again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Ok so thinking now at her ridiculous statement about forgiving the family? What is she supposedly forgiving them for?
In the interview -
I thought it was the HR people in the palace who wouldn't help her when's she felt suicidal.
I thought it was the press who were soo racist.
I thought earlier (Harrys farewell speech) it was the British public that were racists.
I thought it was staff or whoever that didn't teach her how to be a duchess.
What do the family need to apologise for??

Reactions: 48
The Horrible Bosses one (Fedex Girl) is well known, think her appearance is all of about 20 seconds long. Hardly "starring" :ROFLMAO:

The other two films you mention, no idea.

There are a load more of her appearances as an extra in this video. In every.single.one. of them she plays it with exactly the same voice and accent, and it's her normal every day accent. You know how sometimes someone who's been on Corrie or Eastenders for years suddenly appears on a chat show in their "normal" non-acting voice and it's "WOW I NEVER KNEW THEY SOUNDED LIKE THAT!". Well she is so tit of an actress she cannot even change her voice or accent. Just not fit to be called an actress, it's an absolute insult to proper actresses.

Although I know she was a regular in suits, I never watched it, so was even more clueless about who she was when this romance with the ginger ninja was announced (though Suits looks tit).

What jumped out at me, was that her TV and Film showreel was 4m 02s long. About the same length as the holiday hit "Call Me" by Spagna. bleeping Spagna, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think that labelling people in derogatory ways detracts from constructive discussions about their behaviour. It fuels the contention that they have been the subject of discrimination.

My personal take on Meghan- she met a guy who is known to be charming and decided he was definitely worth hanging on to. I don’t believe for a second that she didn’t know who his family was or what being a member of the royal family would mean for her in terms of personal gain. It’s like meeting the good looking, rich professional- the one your parents want you to bring home- Harry was that on steroids. But unlike a celebrity union, where she could jump on noble causes and save the world à la Diana... she was not marrying the heir to the throne. And I don’t think she fully realised the constraints of her role as a person who would always come below William and Kate. She would not be allowed to cherry pick her causes and she would have to play by the rules.

When that didn’t work- they decided they’d make up their own rules. But I don’t think they checked or at least confirmed what they would be allowed to do as Duke and Duchess in commercial enterprises. As someone just mentioned- they rolled the dice and came up short. Now they are abroad, Covid has hit and no one (not even Canada or Donald) will pay for their security. They have to take what they are given and that’s Netflix and Spotify and whatever other Multinationals who want to pay for an inspirational talk. To be successful in this- they need to become relevant and now that they are not royal in a professional way, they have to become celebrities. So they did the interview. What card (the only card really) does Meghan have left- race. Instead of biding her time until Charles was King and playing by the rules, they went for the jugular- “people were racist about my child”. And the only people that believed them were celebrities of no consequence and some people of colour who were just glad (from my own personal conversations) to see someone talking about institutional racism. The problem- I cry bullshit.

I do think that Harry would have been an awful fool to lie completely- I do think someone may have said “oh what will the kids look like” or even “are you ready for the potential racism the child will face if dark”, but from conversations with my own in-laws, it’s usually meant with curiosity or even concern. I actually don’t think Harry knew she was going to bring that up and I would love to see an unedited copy of the interview. If the duke hadn’t gotten sick, I actually think that the allegations could have gained more traction, but alas- the Queen Mother and her funny jokes. The false statements were picked apart and the unsubstantiated allegations were called just that- unsubstantiated. And fair play to William- “we are very much not a racist family.”

Meghan didn’t come because she’s pregnant and not welcome. It’s both. This week is meant to be about the duke and not two children who threw their toys out of the pram and didn’t get their way. Now she’s back peddling but it’s probably too little too late.
Great post elie-94 and we'll said😉

Reactions: 10
My opinion on this is that Meghan has seen the magnitude of publicity regarding the death of PP. She can now imagine what scale it will be when the Queen goes and wants to be a part of that. The lies she could spout on how close she was the the Queen, how the Queen depended on her etc. Crikey, there would be no end to it. And when William gets the PoW title she will see it only fair the she and H get another title. By saying she forgives them and wants to move on, she wants the investigation of racism, bullying behaviour to be stopped because, SHE forgives them and if you want H back he comes as a package. Quite how she will deal with the cushion children is another matter for her little head to deal with but she will. She has told feeble lies before to suit and will again.
I agree too SamBamford the problem with telling so many lies is that eventually you trip up and break your neck, she is so thick skinned I really think she believes in her own fairytale world!

Love the results and the quote!
great or 👑👑👑

There’s also no point in investing time and emotional energy making up with the twit because we all know the RF still has more to deliver that the gruesome twosome will interpret as punishment. They won’t understand that they’ve forced the RF’s hands themselves. I think their HRHs will be officially stripped to stop them busily merching away on being royal, I know their kids will not be given titles when Charlie becomes king and I’m crossing every toe and finger that they’re also removed from succession. All that means enormous, gigantic strops still to come so why bother with anything more than civility for the Queen’s sake and Philip’s memory now?

Great post Mock Turtle their comeuppance is just beginning and we hope for more to come

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
This.

Just as Hazza over-estimated his personal popularity, which dropped like a stone once the palace machinery wasn't involved, I suspect they didn't think that Prince Philip's passing would be a big deal. After all, to Harry he was just some old bloke who barbecued and was a 'legend of banter'. Not someone Very Important like the Global Superstar Harkles.

That's why Harry didn't bother to fly back when he had a chance to pay his respects, they didn't see any downside to Oprah collecting on her long list of favours to the Harkles with the interview (let's not forget they were paid for that hatchet-job in fees and expenses, one way or another), and thought that they were insanely clever by posting a two-line, rude 'thank you for your service' on their personal website. They thought Prince Philip just didn't matter. They both look appalling now and are trying desperately to back-track.

As far as we can tell, Hazza hasn't met anyone important during his stay. If he flies back immediately after the funeral, that's going to show that no-one wants to see him. His PR can dress that up all they like as 'loving Hazza rushes back to his beloved Duchess' but the chill of Siberia is real.

Oh, Chris Ship is doubling down on Hazza being at Frogmore.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think that labelling people in derogatory ways detracts from constructive discussions about their behaviour. It fuels the contention that they have been the subject of discrimination.

My personal take on Meghan- she met a guy who is known to be charming and decided he was definitely worth hanging on to. I don’t believe for a second that she didn’t know who his family was or what being a member of the royal family would mean for her in terms of personal gain. It’s like meeting the good looking, rich professional- the one your parents want you to bring home- Harry was that on steroids. But unlike a celebrity union, where she could jump on noble causes and save the world à la Diana... she was not marrying the heir to the throne. And I don’t think she fully realised the constraints of her role as a person who would always come below William and Kate. She would not be allowed to cherry pick her causes and she would have to play by the rules.

When that didn’t work- they decided they’d make up their own rules. But I don’t think they checked or at least confirmed what they would be allowed to do as Duke and Duchess in commercial enterprises. As someone just mentioned- they rolled the dice and came up short. Now they are abroad, Covid has hit and no one (not even Canada or Donald) will pay for their security. They have to take what they are given and that’s Netflix and Spotify and whatever other Multinationals who want to pay for an inspirational talk. To be successful in this- they need to become relevant and now that they are not royal in a professional way, they have to become celebrities. So they did the interview. What card (the only card really) does Meghan have left- race. Instead of biding her time until Charles was King and playing by the rules, they went for the jugular- “people were racist about my child”. And the only people that believed them were celebrities of no consequence and some people of colour who were just glad (from my own personal conversations) to see someone talking about institutional racism. The problem- I cry bullshit.

I do think that Harry would have been an awful fool to lie completely- I do think someone may have said “oh what will the kids look like” or even “are you ready for the potential racism the child will face if dark”, but from conversations with my own in-laws, it’s usually meant with curiosity or even concern. I actually don’t think Harry knew she was going to bring that up and I would love to see an unedited copy of the interview. If the duke hadn’t gotten sick, I actually think that the allegations could have gained more traction, but alas- the Queen Mother and her funny jokes. The false statements were picked apart and the unsubstantiated allegations were called just that- unsubstantiated. And fair play to William- “we are very much not a racist family.”

Meghan didn’t come because she’s pregnant and not welcome. It’s both. This week is meant to be about the duke and not two children who threw their toys out of the pram and didn’t get their way. Now she’s back peddling but it’s probably too little too late.
I respectfully disagree that she just ‘met’ Harry and decided he was worth hanging on to. I think she’s a nasty, self serving narcissist with a Diana fixation who networked hard until she managed to connect with someone who could set her up with Harry. She even allegedly researched his mum’s favourite perfume to wear on the date! Since then she’s manipulated him relentlessly. The public welcomed her with open arms as, apparently, did the RF, but because the reality didn’t match her fantasy she spat in everyone’s faces and since he met her he’s gone from the cheeky chappy fun loving prince to a resentful, scowling malcontent. I’m far from exonerating Harry from responsibility in this whole shitshow but in my opinion MM is a thoroughly nasty, narcissistic POS who deserves everything that’s being said here. Have you ever seen the meme about playing chess with a pigeon? Yeah...if you modify it slightly it would go ‘dealing with MM is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how well you play she going to tit on the board and strut around like she’s won’.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Hope wherever H is staying in quarantine there is WiFi, he can whittle away his time online finding out about the shitstorm he and his low rent wife have caused, and also read what us genuine people think of them!
I

I wonder if He is reading about the feelings of people here or over there, perhaps he can be a Tattler and find out first hand, ha ha😁😁 we can then tell him he has been tattled!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t believe Harry didn’t say before he left USA to Meghan and their PR -

“this is a week of mourning for my Grandad. I will do a tribute to him. I want no PR , puff pieces or game playing during this time . Respect this as this is important to me. “

Of course , he shouldn’t really even have to say this as anyone who cared would understand this .

so I suspect there will be another Oprah or similar planned on his return ...the “ I forgive them “ episode...how the Queen shunned her family for comfort by only M and H , PP adored the first interview and thought we were courageous, etc etc ...blah blah blah ....

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I think the rumour about Orca not taking MM's calls anymore are true. She may have been told about about M and the moon bump, and feels like an absolute chump and knows when this comes out she could look really stupid. I bet she's re watched the debacle and thinks, it was an actual tit show and how "un authentic" and insincere M is especially in the coop. And as for H well quite honestly he is a premier cru tosspot and showed himself up as such.

Also, Gayle making that sickening query with her side kick on her news show, about whether or not PP died of natural causes i.e. not as a result of the shock of the devastating attack on the RF and HMTQ i. She was trying to underscore the point to help her pal Porka that PP didn't die as a result of the interview. Honestly, can you really stoop that low? Well yes, it seems you can :sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Been catching up and a previous post, which I can't find now, said they hoped PC didn't give in to them and welcome them back. I see PC as the weakest link in the RF but notice his sidekick Camilla has been very quiet throughout all this. She suffered terrible press for a long time but managed to hold her head high and now I admire her for her duty to PC and the queen. She is a strong woman and if PC starts to waiver I am sure she will quickly sort him out. Remember her comment when the press asked if she would miss MM and PH she replied with one word - "Course" - probably what she thought about MM! 😂
I have no concerns about the Queen standing firm. She was taught well by her mother re Wallis1.0. I hope she lives long enough to do something about the titles and succession etc.

Charles does concern me. Although with him wanting to slim the Monarchy down, there is hope. Unfortunately, when he first floated the idea, I think it included Hazno.

Hopefully Camilla and William will hold firm, and remind him of the damage they have done and not let even the slightest concession go their way.

Reactions: 40
I can’t believe Harry didn’t say before he left USA to Meghan and their PR -

“this is a week of mourning for my Grandad. I will do a tribute to him. I want no PR , puff pieces or game playing during this time . Respect this as this is important to me. “

Of course , he shouldn’t really even have to say this as anyone who cared would understand this .
’anyone who isn’t a narcissist would understand this’
There, I fixed it for you. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.