Harry and Meghan #87 In honour of HRH Prince Philip. Rest in Peace.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen Instagram influencers say more, it might have been better to just say nothing
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. --Mark Twain

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I’m of the generation that mostly thinks H&M can do no wrong and clamour to join the echo chamber that thinks it’s edgy to hate the royals. Been lurking on these threads for a while because it’s been such a relief to find people who see through them, and it’s been a godsend today. Had to deal with so many friends in so many group chats talking absolute bollocks - and you can tell they’re just parroting whatever they’ve heard others (who are equally clueless) say, because when I point out the basic, factual flaws in what they’ve said it’s “oh, er, well, I know nothing about the royals!!!”

Like yes, you’ve made that very clear, so why are you rushing to be horrible over such a tragedy? Because you’ve decided you have to believe Meghan’s lies if you want to be a good person? Mocking the death of a man who spent his life serving his country doesn’t seem very “good”...sorry for the rant. It’s been a rough one.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I've been wondering if there will be some kind of intervention if Harry comes back? I don't like his behaviour but I am concerned about him. He's certainly under meghans spell so to speak. The funeral could be an opportunity to find his way back to real life. Maybe I'm just over tired.

I hope Prince Philip is at peace, bless him.
He's basically the prodigal son at this point.

Or just the trashy family member who ends up being the spark for a fistfight at the wedding/funeral.

Jesus, if I saw him gliding by (which I won't, given where I live there's 0% chance) I'd be tempted to shout 'Piss off back to Oprah you plastic fake traitor witch!' at him and his entourage or whatever. God knows how upset and furious the targets of his treachery - his brother, sister in law, father, grandmother and the rest are with him at this point. If I were Catherine or William I'd not want to even look at him at this point, let alone be left in his company. When you're already wounded, and then grieving, and the cause of the wound glides back into town still carrying his grudges (don't think for a second he doesn't think he's the real victim in all this) things are bound to kick off at some point or other when they're left together, behind closed doors anyway.

Maybe Sophie Wessex will headbutt him in private. She looked ready to punch his lights out back before he even left.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Trump statement 10/10

Shows a true knowledge of Philip's life and work, and his role within the United Kingdom and the monarchy. Gracefully strikes the right note of appreciation and sorrow.

H&M statement 0/10

Curt and almost dismissive. It sounds like Team Smeg barely knew who he was, don't care, and farting out that plastic 'thank you for your service', the equivalent of 'have a nice day' for servicemen and women, with the snidey little callback to their own recent crap about 'service' is the cherry on the tit sundae. As for the 'you will be missed' .. jesus. Not 'we will miss you'. So add depersonalized to the list. FFS, Harry, we know your wife couldn't care less about anyone but herself, but that's your grandfather who has died there.
Totally agree - such a wanky one liner from H&M. Absolutely toe curling.
What a time to be alive - the most hated right wing president pens a more emotional and heartfelt tribute than the woke, virtue signalling victim that is his own grandson.
Prick.

Reactions: 45
PP was an amazing man....I met him and the queen on quite a few occasions at lowther horse driving trials. I'll never forget when I was staying with my grandad and granny in their converted truck caravan. Candles were lit supper was cooking and I was told to be seen and not heard! Normal every day old people to me (I was only 4). Both my sets of grandparents moved in elite circles and everyone I met spoke to me and left me with memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Apparently people complaining to BBC that it's a wall-to-wall DofE coverage and nothing else...I mean, what on Earth did they expect? There are always other channels or the 'off' button...or is someone 'coordinating' this complaining? Most bizarre.
Yeah there's always the TLC or numerous other channels they can tune in to. Twats

Reactions: 14
I've written my post in the RF online condolence book and my personal letter will go to HMTQ aka Brenda ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
A well-decorated man. Wasn't he just a shining example of honour, support and duty? I've learned so much more about him today that has only raised him higher in my esteem. I'm not even British but can respect and admire a decent, hardworking and fun loving human.

The harkles' statement is so utterly cold and perfunctory. "Thank you for your service", is a very American (and well-meaning) sentiment bestowed upon serving or retired members of the military.

I loved how they didn't get a look in in coverage on BBC today and tonight apart from a blink-and-you'll-miss-it clip from their wedding. They showed a family portrait too of Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth with Charles and his boys and Catherine BUT NO MEGHAN 😂

Sidenote, wasn't Philip such a handsome man? I read a book some time ago about the governess to taught the young princesses and she highlighted how the young Elizabeth was so utterly enchanted by this tall, handsome, blonde, young man from when she first laid her eyes on him aged 12/13. This has endured and I love to see candid shots of them and the shared intimacy you can see in how they look at one another. Gyles Brandreth said today about how Philip once, at some function, looked across the room at Elizabeth, raised his glass to her and winked. I think it is my favourite little anecdote I heard today. It showed their closeness, a little glimpse of the couple behind the formal facade. She will be utterly lost without him. His presence was larger than life in all aspects of her life, public and private. 💔
BIB That got me too. A beautiful example of their loving, enduring bond.
God lads, Prince Philip’s passing has genuinely hit me more than I thought it would. I mean, we all knew it was coming. I've been on/off in tears all day. Switching from SKY News to BBC and back again.
I'm drunk now so apologies. I'm raising a glass to His Royal Highness The Duke Of Edinburgh Prince Philip and to Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
God bless you both.

I've written my post in the RF online condolence book and my personal letter will go to HMTQ aka Brenda ❤

Oh god. This picture. 💔💔💔💔

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So how do you think the harkles will cope with Harry's dad not only the purse holder, the next king and now a god as well.

Wahé said islanders believe that Philip’s spirit “will come to Tanna” — and that the movement will continue with “Prince Philip’s successor, Prince Charles.”
I've always loved the Philip Movement story, and that Philip, who was apparently rather befuddled by it all, decided to gracefully play along with it, accept their gifts and provide the tribe with the photos they asked for. They even came to England in 2007 for some documentary and he met them all.

During the course of their visit they stayed on a Norfolk free-range pig farm and with a taxi driver and his family in Manchester, went hunting with an aristocratic family (friends of Prince Philip) in Northumberland and visited Skye in the original Hebrides. The experience climaxed with an audience with Prince Philip himself - not filmed - during which, Anderson tells me, he treated them with great courtesy and good grace. This had just happened when I met them and they were clearly thrilled to bits. 'It was much more intense than we had expected,' says Anderson. 'We felt we had to be with them 24 hours a day, seven days a week.'
Meet the Natives | Features | Broadcast (broadcastnow.co.uk)

It's just such a lovely, weird thing, that these guys saw Phil as the fulfilment of a myth of the incarnation of a mountain spirit who'd traveled to a faraway land and married a 'powerful woman' and returned to them.

Cargo cults and the pacific cultures they sprang from after contact with the various armies in WW2, are just fascinating, and I like how they just claimed him as one of their own ancestral spirits and ran with it, and he respectfully played along.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
BIB That got me too. A beautiful example of their loving, enduring bond.
God lads, Prince Philip’s passing has genuinely hit me more than I thought it would. I mean, we all knew it was coming. I've been on/off in tears all day. Switching from SKY News to BBC and back again.
I'm drunk now so apologies. I'm raising a glass to His Royal Highness The Duke Of Edinburgh Prince Philip and to Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
God bless you both.

Oh god. This picture. 💔💔💔💔
Same here. His passing has really saddened me. I knew it would. It's the end of an era.
His death was expected but it still felt like a shock hearing the news today.
There will never be the likes of him again. One of a kind.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
My grandmother died of old age last year. I hadn’t been allowed to see her for almost a year because of restrictions which was sad but we just had to get on with it. Numbers meant I left my family and went alone for the funeral to support my mother. It’s what you do. I can’t believe he didn’t make an effort.

Palace guards don’t get all that bling. But I bet she’s saying ‘you look ridiculous in that hat’
PP: ‘Ello Darlin’, d’you come here often?’
HMTQ: ‘Ooh, you are awful, but one likes you!’
PP: ‘Gercha!’
HMTQ: <girlish giggles, broad grins>
Camera click, a moment for posterity.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just leaving this...

I feel sick at the disresepect H and M have shown Prince Philip and The Queen with their lame ass half a sentence statement. It is even more despicable when you see it
next to these fake words that this fake witch put out there on the death of a Ruth Bader Ginsberg, a woman she Never.Even.Met.

Rest In Peace Prince Philip. It was an honour to witness such devotion and commitment to both public service and ones marriage, the likes of which we will likely never see again

• Heart
Reactions: 35
30 mourners allowed..I admit I don't want Harry to go at all or come back to the UK.
As for Meghan her ego is so big there won't be no room for others there..it take the whole space up 🤢

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Same here. His passing has really saddened me. I knew it would. It's the end of an era.
His death was expected but it still felt like a shock hearing the news today.
There will never be the likes of him again. One of a kind.
They broke the mould after him. If Charles and William have even half of his credentials, the world will be a good place 💕💕💕💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 29
insomniac thoughts here but, If JCMH comes for the funeral, I would imagine it would be by private jet (Elton’s?) and would he bypass quarantine by doing a covid test before he leaves the USA? Charles and Camilla recently went to Greece on duty and didn’t quarantine either side.
That way it could be a short visit, holed up in a hotel, attend the service and fly back.
If, as has been mentioned, the funeral is a private one at Windsor, there will be no crowds to shout boo hiss and pelt him with rotten tomatoes.
If William could get the Diana statue in place,they could film the unveiling, ready to release on her birthday?
Then he has no need to return until of course HMRC passes on ☹ And his father becomes King.
in those hopefully few years, the outcasts could live their private lives in private and give us all a break.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.