Harry and Meghan #84 Haz should've listened to Auntie Anne, kept his balls to stay a man.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We often discuss this in my household (being girlie romcom fans). What the hell is this obsession that some Americans have with royalty?? (Hasten to say: not all but enough to provide an audience for these really :sick: films). Perhaps some of the lovely US citizens on here can provide an insight?
It's as if they have a deep conflict about their war of independence - a sort of paradise lost/sour grapes combo. The feisty American girl who brings rock'n'roll to the ballroom often has Blue Blood. They win a conflict with shocked/fuddy-duddy/envious Briddish authority figures. It's telling that I have never seen anything with a mirror plot being produced on this side of the Atlantic. 'Unexpectedly this normal British girl finds out she is really the daughter of the president, she has to go and live in the White House and learn how not to use a knife and fork'...? Nah, doesn't work.
For me this started as a mental escape from my problems when I was 10 years old and I eventually got into all kinds of history and other things that are peripheral to it as a result. It wasn't just about gossip or fashion and I consider it to have enriched my general knowledge as a result. Most people don't understand that though and I take a lot of crap from people who think I'm superficial as a result-- if they find out. You will take flak from other people in this country if you are a royal watcher. Most of the time if royals are mentioned there will be several people who automatically pipe up that "we fought a war blah blah blah" (don't know what they mean by we when it was in the 1770s) and "we have elections" and so on, like it has to be said every goddamn time the subject comes up. @StrawberrySeed this is the story I promised.

Other people can have their Lionel Trains or Precious Moments figures but me taking an interest in the royals as an American seems to trigger certain other Americans. Maybe if they had been around when my alcoholic father was beating the crap out of me and intervened, or if they had done something about me being bullied nonstop in school I would have had different interests. As it was, I dreamed of a life where I was so visible and important that no one would ever dare to hit me or push and shove me down a hallway again. The royals were visible. They represented safety to me, and that's what got me started as a child.

But for most American women, it's not that deep. They're just about the money and jewels, and may be into what they think a prince or an aristocrat is. Most of them don't understand they'll be expected to actually do stuff, that a lot of the jewelry isn't actually theirs and they think they and their family will be on easy street. They know about as much about the American Revolution as they do about royals so it really shouldn't surprise anyone that they would be into movies like this. Most of them would be just as happy with a rich businessman or a trust fund baby as they would be with a prince, and the titles and palaces just enhance the fantasy, really. If someone like William had married an average American woman who was truly ignorant of the actual requirements, there is a good chance she would have ended up an even bigger basket case than Diana.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Going back on the timelines, the wedding was 10 years ago, engaged a year before or less probably. Then they were dating for 8-9 years? So Catherine had to deal with the old tabloids, before Leveson and the phone hacking reveal and when print media was far ahead of online. The tabloids were far worse then, evidenced by the hounding of a young woman driving. So Meg hasn’t a clue what people had to put up with 15 years ago, they are tame in comparison.

Reactions: 39
I'm not surprised Reese declined her invite to the Harkle wedding, or that her daughter sees through Smegma's bullshit facade. Reese is a huge Catherine stan

i wonder who else from Hollywood was invited and declined. :unsure: Jameela wasn't invited, correct? Then why she defending harkles so much :rolleyes:

Loving the eggs on our heads now. I wonder what's in store for tomorrow?? Will the eggs crack open something wonderful? Still hoping it's not a chick 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Sorry to sort of go off-topic. But I can’t start my own posts ion Tattle yet. Does anyone know how or where I can place a bet on H&M’s baby name? I have a feeling on the name, but it’s not on the bookies list, so how do you get odds and bet on a different name? Is there a website to use? It’s actually my daughter’s name, and I have a bad inclination that they might use it, so I figure I may as well place a bet and at least benefit if they do, plus I’ll be happy if they don’t. It’s quite unusual, it’s highly unlikely they’ll use it, but I’d be gutted if they used it. I have no idea who to ask about betting sites as I never bet on stuff.

Reactions: 9
What a load of bollox. The palace certainly did not underestimate her, they all had her number (some literally. Allegedly). THe faces at the wedding said it all.
They did underestimate how low baby hazza would go for a bit of old weinstein battered minge and more millions.
That was the problem. They thought "It'll be OK, henry will come good and keep her under control".
Erm no. He is her enabler, her wing man and he loads the gun with the bullets for her to fire cos he's a treacherous bleep.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Going back on the timelines, the wedding was 10 years ago, engaged a year before or less probably. Then they were dating for 8-9 years? So Catherine had to deal with the old tabloids, before Leveson and the phone hacking reveal and when print media was far ahead of online. The tabloids were far worse then, evidenced by the hounding of a young woman driving. So Meg hasn’t a clue what people had to put up with 15 years ago, they are tame in comparison.
Yep, there's an old article someone posted a couple of weeks ago saying a journalist admitted hacking Kate's phone 144 times, including Christmas Day. In comparison Harry's was only hacked 9 times I think, and he's STILL in the process of suing so Meghan damned well knows all about it, she was just counting on a short attention span so that no one would remember it and think people commenting on Kate "not having a job" was all of it.

• Angry
Reactions: 29
Jameela Jamil is a c*nt. I don’t use that word lightly, but I feel it’s appropriate here. Professional victim, extremely arrogant, wholly unprofessional and thick. She bleats on about be kind and wokeness, and yet go back a few years she was bullying Caroline flack about her new show ‘The Surjury’. Then when Caroline passed away she was all about hashtag be kind. Idiotic twit, don’t care for a single word she says.

She’s a prime example of our equal, fair society- an Asian woman earning millions on our screens. And yet she dares to chat tit about how racist this country is. Bore off trying living in North Korea

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Next Wednesday there's a programme on W&Ks wedding. Seems like the tv companies are also going all out to support RF

• Heart
Reactions: 43
What a load of bollox. The palace certainly did not underestimate her, they all had her number (some literally. Allegedly). THe faces at the wedding said it all.
They did underestimate how low baby hazza would go for a bit of old weinstein battered minge and more millions.
That was the problem. They thought "It'll be OK, henry will come good and keep her under control".
Erm no. He is her enabler, her wing man and he loads the gun with the bullets for her to fire cos he's a treacherous bleep.
So Kanye will not make same mistake:) Divorce soon?:) I think it would be great match: he president, she president:)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Looking back at the engagement photocall, it was so obvious that she's an absolute piece of work (unfortunately I didn't realise then). Clinging onto Hazza for dear life with both hands, grinning maniacally into the camera with bare legs and too-big stilettos. And then the heavily stylised b&w photos with the ££££ dress. Total contrast to Catherine, who appeared on William's arm in a dress fit for royalty and wore high street for her engagement photos!
their engagement interview was the day my opinion changed. before it I thought she was wonderful fit for him and I was delighted he’d met someone. But my bullshit meter went off during the whole interview and I knew it was going to end badly. There was just something off I couldn’t put my finger on.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I suspect you're right. I always thought there would be plenty of real headlines they could use. I had been so indoctrinated to think the DM and others were outright racist towards Meghan but it turns out they actually had to fake headlines, use ones out of context that were written AFTER they left, non British ones and people's random blogs to get the ones they needed to "prove" things.

This is one area I'd back the DM and other press 100% and if Harry really cared about "mis information" (spoiler alert: He doesn't) he would apologise personally. It was "materially false" to pretend a Daily Mail headline was racist when they cut out half of it where they were DEFENDING Meghan against racism! That is not only completely false it makes Harpo Productions the bad guys in this scenario and who are outright race baiting.

I have a feeling Oprah and Gayle would like it if they were sued though - gives them more "the BRF are scared, rewatch the interview that's got them crumbling!" stories.

IMO it was just to be nice and try and sooth false accusations that they knew would happen sooner or later that the family never wanted her, didn't help her or were racist/xenophobic. Nothing to do with Kate or Sophie or Mike or Autumn etc. And HMTQ did show willing to welcome her by letting her come to Christmas a year early and doing a joint engagement.

Megs has now thrown all that back in her face.

Kind of like the statement expressed sadness that they were so unhappy with life - and also said they didn't tell anyone about it at the time.
It can also be taken as, she didn’t take enough time getting to know them.

Reactions: 8
Next Wednesday there's a programme on W&Ks wedding. Seems like the tv companies are also going all out to support RF

ITV did a programme this week on Lady Pamela Hicks. She's 91 and is the daughter of the late Earl Mountbatten.
She's a cousin to the Dook Of Edinburgh, a friend to the Queen and also was her lady in waiting.
She was the Queen's bridesmaid. Her daughter, India was a bridesmaid to Princess Diana.
They have both kept their dresses and show them to the camera.

She talks of how the Queen does her duty and never complains etc etc etc

I rather enjoyed it. She gives insight into what the Queen is really like.
And her Library is really rather lovely. I wanted to move in.

I'm sure it's still on the ITV hub for anyone interested.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.