Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Campagne

VIP Member
She's already entitled to call herself that if she wanted to:
"While we don’t call her it, Kate is a princess and her full title in England is ‘Her Royal Highness Princess William, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.’"
Once Kate is the PoW, I think She’ll be referred as Princess Kate / Princess Catherine.

i think Smeg would give a jot if she was called Princess Henry, be aus3 she knows all the sugars would call her Princess Meghan

Reactions: 11

mb1202

VIP Member
It doesn't work like that when the Queen is the one on the throne. When a King is on the throne, his wife is the Queen consort, although not referred to as that. So it would be King William and Queen Catherine.
Oh I see. So when a Queen is on the throne her husband isn’t the king consort, obviously. Is this to do with the king being a more superior title to Queen? Sorry I just consider myself quite clued up about the royals but I don’t get this part of it!

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
They're not. There's lots of pictures if you scroll down with mask-less people. I don't wear a mask out in the fresh air unless the streets are super busy, and nor do most people I know.
I don't when I'm out and about unless, like you, I'm in a super busy area. Just thought that around the actual memorial didn't look like folks were socially distancing and there were a lot of masks.

I don’t want to try and turn this into a covid thread but seriously the ‘no mask?!!!’ ‘But Kate wasn’t wearing a mask!!!’ ‘Social distancing?!!!’ Comments, make me so angry. Get the f over it, that’s my opinion. The real thing to be up in arms about is Sarah Everard’s death. RIP Sarah.
Um it wasn't me that raised it. Honest 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Oh I see. So when a Queen is on the throne her husband isn’t the king consort, obviously. Is this to do with the king being a more superior title to Queen? Sorry I just consider myself quite clued up about the royals but I don’t get this part of it!
basically yeah! that’s my understanding anyway.

• Heart

mb1202

VIP Member
Yes, traditionally King is higher than a queen so male consorts and usually a Prince. The Dutch had 3 generations of Queen regnants so three generations of Prince consorts, it even brought up debate in parliament as to whether the current Queen consort would be Queen, Denmark currently has a Queen consort and her late husband was a Prince thougout their marriage
Ah this makes sense. I find it a bit strange and complicated but the Queen Mother was known as ‘the Queen’ wasn’t she? Even though she was Queen Consort. As in it adds up that when there’s a King by blood, his wife is the Queen (consort). When there’s a Queen by blood, her husband is a Prince.

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I can't think of an instance of a British/English Queen (or Queen to be) marrying a commoner - unlike Kings. Diana and the Queen Mother were commoners (though titled).

I wonder what would happen if hypothetically something happened to Prince George (god forbid) and Princess Charlotte became the monarch, and married a commoner. Would he be made a Prince?

beastofburden

Ah this makes sense. I find it a bit strange and complicated but the Queen Mother was ‘the Queen’ wasn’t she? As in it adds up that when there’s a King by blood, his wife is the Queen. When there’s a Queen by blood, her husband is a Prince.
She was just 'Queen Consort' but it's easier for everyone just to say she was a Queen...

I can't think of an instance of a British/English Queen (or Queen to be) marrying a commoner - unlike Kings. Diana and the Queen Mother were commoners (though titled).

I wonder what would happen if hypothetically something happened to Prince George (god forbid) and Princess Charlotte became the monarch, and married a commoner. Would he be made a Prince?
It would work the same way it happened with our current Queen, I think. He would just be a Prince. And pre-reign likely a Duke... ?

The commoner thing isn't really relevant anymore, I think the rules were changed? could be wrong though?

• Heart

Skewbedu

VIP Member
Please don't call any women 'Karen's' even cunts like Smeggy. It insinuates that women aren't allowed to complain about anything because their opinions don't matter.
It's a current 'joke' name doing the rounds to make a point. Are we going to come over all woke about this now too? Personally think calling a woman the c word is way worse, but I wouldn't presume to tell anyone else what they can or can't say.

• Angry

toomuchstuff

VIP Member
I had heard this, that Charlotte didn't fit into her dress, so MM was cross and called her fat. Any parent would know that children have growth spurts, (out and then up) and that you can't do anything about it. One week clothes fit, then the next they don't, it's simple.
I would do more than shout at any despicable human that called my child fat.
I really don't think she would call a child fat. It's probably more likely the stockings/tights thing. And now that I have looked at the dress (being a dressmaker myself) if that dress didnt fit it would be a very easy job to make it fit and/or a dressmaker could make a weee dress like that in a few hours, it wouldn't be that upsetting.

Last edited:
  • Haha

FNUSNU

OMG watched Google box earlier this week, are they all wokerati/leftwaffe? Do they have a brain cell between them? They can't think for themselves!

• Haha
  • Heart

JAR21

VIP Member
They will actually have to wait for Charles to make William Prince of Wales, he automatically becomes Duke of Cornwall when Charles is king so he will be Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge, Duke of Rothesay etc but Prince of Wales is conferred at the discretion of the monarch. Charles himself was 20 before he became Prince of Wales
Yes, I realise that. But William isn’t a child and there’s not likely to be any reason he won’t make William PoW.

Sorry for derailing, genuine question do all alcoholics get the dts if they stop suddenly. My dad used to drink a lot (before I was born) and all his friends thought he would get the dts as he just suddenly stopped, my dad would always say and I didn't (with such a triumphal air, as if to say see i wasn't an alcoholic)
Not all sudden detox causes DTs/seizures. More often than not the seizures will be seen in those who have tried to stop.on more than one occasion by just stopping.