Harry and Meghan #73 Harry Snotter and the prisoner of Gangan!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
there is no conversation to be had around racism, I know I’ll anger and upset a few saying this, because I’m clearly not clever enough to realise my privilege, I was born white, therefore I should now be ashamed I’m white, I cannot EVER have a discussion on race because “that’s not my truth”
I am to sit down and shut up because I’m white, don’t ask questions, we won’t educate you, just know you’re white so you’re wrong,

Argue that the facts don’t add up you’re a “racist witch
Ask who out of the royal family said the comment, you’re supporting racists, you’re clearly racist.

Look at the conversation between piers and the weather guy alex (?)
Piers was trying to present facts that she said that were clearly untrue, about security and titles, Alex was arguing “but....”

basically it doesn’t matter, because she’s black, you’re not. The end.

so much around racism needs to change. but being shamed into silence, for fear of upsetting someone needs to stop.

I’ll regret typing this so hastily without checking it 101 times im sure
It's BS is what it is. Freedom of speech is not the case unless you are allowed to freely cause offence. Censorship means there is no free speech, therefore we are coming to the age of Marxism.

Do they not do rehearsals in america?! 😂🤔
They do I'm sure, I've watched many American romcoms.

Reactions: 15
The likes of serena williams and beyonce can stay away from GB for good now. They shouldn't be made welcome here....... seeing as they think it's such a racist cesspit.
That'd quieten their coughs for them. No tournaments for williams and no gigs for beyonce. Cunts

See? I didn't even give their names capital letters. They're SO irrelevant 😴
Can't stand either. Beyonce and her business arrangement marriage with Jay Z, and Williams for her massive dummy spitting after she lost to Naomi Osaka.

Reactions: 28
h
I disagree. 1 July will be a pivotal moment in this saga. It will be the first real test of Harry’s popularity in this country. Hopefully it will bring him to his senses because I think he’s currently clueless about how the majority of us see him.
I don't think his wife will allow him to attend it!

Reactions: 16
With how the left have been acting the last few years it’s actually turned me into a conservative. My family were labour for years but over the last few years turned conservative when all this “woke” narrative started.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I want to post the whole of the Economist leader - it's so well written, thoughtful and devastating to M&H' . But it also represents a burning of bridges. For the duchess at least, there will be no going back.' (In full here https://archive.ph/Q1PSq

That interview
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle take on the firm

The palace’s nightmare made flesh

The British monarchy’s record of absorbing outsiders is patchy. In recent times, it has had one outstanding success (Kate Middleton, Prince William’s wife), several modest successes (including Sophie Rhys-Jones, Prince Edward’s wife), a few questionable results (among them Sarah Ferguson, Prince Andrew’s ex-wife) and two stunning failures (Diana Spencer, the late Princess of Wales, and Meghan Markle, Prince Harry’s wife). On March 7th the world was treated to dramatic evidence of the latest disaster, in the form of an interview which Prince Harry and Ms Markle—the Duke and Duchess of Sussex—gave to Oprah Winfrey, America’s most famous talk-show host.

The revelations in the interview were in part familiar. The loneliness of which the duchess spoke, and the lack of support from within the “firm”, echoed Princess Diana’s experience. “This was very, very clear,” the duchess responded to a question about whether she was having suicidal thoughts. “Very clear and very scary. I didn’t know who to turn to in that.” A new factor, and a particularly explosive one, was race. The duchess, herself mixed-race, said that when she was pregnant with her son Archie, her husband had told her there were “conversations about how dark his skin might be”, and she implied that the issue was connected to decisions about her son’s title and security for the family. Both declined to say who had raised the issue, though Ms Winfrey later said Prince Harry had told her it was neither the queen nor Prince Philip.

The couple’s evident closeness during the interview underlined another big difference between their situation and Princess Diana’s. They are together, having left the country—rather as Wallis Simpson, the last American to marry a senior member of the royal family, and Edward VIII did, when they went to live in Paris. The painful consequences of Prince Harry’s decision to move to America for his relationship with his family also came out in the interview: for a while, the prince said, his father stopped taking his calls.

These revelations indicate what is presumably part of the purpose of the interview. There has been plenty of criticism in Britain of the couple’s decision to leave the country for California, and of their attempt to retain some of the privileges of royalty while doing so. A prime-time slot with the world’s most famous interviewer—who is also a friend, and attended their wedding—is a good way of putting their side of the story. Such exposure should also enhance their celebrity and popularity, on which their income depends now that they have been financially cut off by the royal family. But it also represents a burning of bridges. For the duchess at least, there will be no going back.

Two days after the interview, the palace issued a neutral, conciliatory response: “the issues raised, particularly of race, are concerning…they will be addressed by the family privately.” But it included a carefully worded phrase casting doubt on the notion that the couple’s account was the objective truth: “some recollections,” it said, “may vary.” And somebody, whether inside or outside the royal household, had launched what looked like a pre-emptive strike. After the interview was recorded, but before it went out, a complaint made against the duchess in 2018 by a senior member of staff was leaked to the Times. Jason Knauf, at the time press secretary to both princes, wrote to Simon Case, then Prince William’s private secretary and now head of the civil service, saying that she had “bullied two pas out of the household”, and was bullying a third. The timing of the leak of a complaint from two and a half years ago suggests that a point was being made: when a relationship breaks down, there tends to be fault on both sides.

Beyond the sniping, the fundamental problem, with which Princess Diana struggled, is clear. Being a royal is about serving an institution. It does not work for those who crave individual attention. The job requires self-effacement, at which the queen, who has not said a single interesting thing in public in her 70 years on the throne, has excelled. That’s not because she is a boring person, but because she understands the demands of the job. The Duchess of Cambridge, aka Ms Middleton, is, similarly, brilliantly bland. The Duchess of Sussex is not; and her complaint in her interview that while she was a royal she was not allowed to talk to Ms Winfrey without other people in the room demonstrated her failure to grasp the need to subsume individual needs in those of the institution. Given the potential impact of such an interview on the monarchy, it would have been bizarre for the household’s communications chiefs to allow her to negotiate with the world’s most powerful interviewer by herself.

As it is, the duchess has done the interview on her own terms, and its consequences are exactly those that the palace dreaded. It has exposed the royal family to criticism to which it cannot properly respond publicly without getting into a shouting match that would damage the monarchy further, and it has sharply divided opinion (see chart), thus undermining the institution’s unifying role. Younger Britons—along with Americans—are more likely to take the view that the monarchy and the British press are institutionally racist, that the duchess should have been given more support and that she is justified in airing her grievances in public. Older Britons are more likely to be of the opinion that she is an adult who should have thought harder about the job before signing up to it, that if she was depressed, her husband, who founded a mental-health charity, could have got help for her, and that the couple have wilfully and selfishly damaged an institution to which Prince Harry’s grandmother and father have devoted their lives. Britain’s reputation as a socially liberal, racially tolerant country has taken a hit, too.

Yet the interview may do the monarchy less damage than the current furore suggests. Earlier, similar troubles did not much dent its popularity. Even during the split with Princess Diana, it barely budged. That may, of course, have a lot to do with the queen. Ironically, given her determination to obscure her personality, she is personally very popular. When she dies, things may look different.

Editor's note: This article has been updated since publication to note the palace's response

This article appeared in the Britain section of the print edition under the headline "Taking on the firm"
The bit at the end about TQ being very popular but things may be different after she is gone. Suggesting that this latest crapfest wont be damaging once things settle down while TQ is in charge. I surely pray TQ has many years left in that case. I dont want to be a downer about PC but I am not sure he is liked enough to be King that will be able to stave off these challenges.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Interview highlight for me.... 😬
That is too funny I thought it was a purposeful lie. That is even funnier if she was confused! It actually confirms something earlier on this thread, that she’s actually quite immature and has a weird, childish outlook. So she’s been like ‘we actually had an intimate ceremony days before in a garden just us no witnesses :love::love:‘ like she’s some kind of fairy princess, but it was actually a rehearsal. Ffs 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 33
With how the left have been acting the last few years it’s actually turned me into a conservative. My family were labour for years but over the last few years turned conservative when all this “woke” narrative started.
That’s because wokeness is not actually left wing, it’s glorified mental illness. Professional victimhood, intentionally misinterpreting things, coming up with new buzzwords every 2 minutes, desperately trying to find new things to be offended by, ‘cancelling’ people. I have a fair few liberal views, but absolutely consider myself conservative especially taking into account what being left wing now means.
Edit- add hysterical screeching and crying about tiny problems to that list.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That is too funny I thought it was a purposeful lie. That is even funnier if she was confused! It actually confirms something earlier on this thread, that she’s actually quite immature and has a weird, childish outlook. So she’s been like ‘we actually had an intimate ceremony days before in a garden just us no witnesses :love::love:‘ like she’s some kind of fairy princess, but it was actually a rehearsal. Ffs 😭😭
I think it was also a bit of a duck you to the U.K. that paid millions for that farce of a wedding.
But she looked like a fool 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I don't think their titles should be taken away.
He will always be a Prince. He was born a Prince, so if the Dukedom is taken away he reverts to Prince Harry, then she will become Princess Henry, she wants to be a Princess and Americans would think she was "promoted".

There are pros and cons to the Cambridges having a 4th.
It would push down the Harkle children in the line - Lets assume the future and William is the Monarch, It makes Archie 5th in line and the new baby 6th in line ( after George, Charlotte, Louis and Harry ) - Which means they have to get permission from William to Marry :) .
I would love nothing more for give birth to a daughter is the mirror Image of Diana - Just imagine how much that would irritate poor little victim Meg.

Lets look into the Crystal Ball to 25 years from now.
Charles will be 97 ( maybe )
William will be 63 ( Might be King by then )
George will be 32 ( probably the worlds most eligible Bachelor )
and
She will be 65 ( allegedly) and divorced
George may be gay!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can't stand either. Beyonce and her business arrangement marriage with Jay Z, and Williams for her massive dummy spitting after she lost to Naomi Osaka.
It is alleged that Beyonce wore a moon bump for her pregnancy/ies as well.

Maybe that's where Megain got the idea from or even the moon bump?

(eta, not in any of my 3 pregnancies did I ever hold my bump like that)

1615554492870.png
1615554709734.png

1615554783568.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I think it was also a bit of a duck you to the U.K. that paid millions for that farce of a wedding.
Oh yes definitely it was. Genuinely if I stop being angry at her for a bit I find some of it unintentionally hilarious. Saying that the wedding wasn’t ‘their day’ and it was a ‘spectacle’. Poor Meghan must have been dreadful, and she sure looks miserable and trapped I have to say. Not smug, adoring the attention and a face that says ‘this is exactly what I deserve’ at all 😭
A5DE0254-0770-4A6C-A1E0-C3A368B1690D.png
496D3F55-DEE2-403F-83FE-CFC6A72E7B3A.png
7AA11D72-6AB1-44C9-B626-CAE9F3A99B1F.png

• Sick
Reactions: 16
We love an opinion poll. YouGov sharing 'their truth'. Or as we like to call it, the facts. Disastrous outcome for the Harkles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
OK so if we are to say that there is no way to defend yourself against being called racist, then how do the RF get out of this mess then? Is the only option for TQ is to give into the blackmailers and give them what they want. And what if it is just revenge they wanted, what then? Although I still personally think its cash and titles and I still think Harry was taken back when he joined the interview and was asked about it.
I`ll always believe that interview was all about revenge/not getting her own way etc. The Royal family will come out of this with the same Class and tact they always have.Shame none was passed onto Harry and his constantly disgruntled wife.

Reactions: 29
And brainless Harry agreeing with chucking to a hen
"Yes, just the three of us"

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It is alleged that Beyonce wore a moon bump for her pregnancy/ies as well.

Maybe that's where Megain got the idea from or even the moon bump?

View attachment 478928
I remember seeing that, absolutely damning. Sort of like this. You can’t see the bump but she is ‘heavily pregnant’ here. That manoeuvre, especially in tall stilettos, would be very difficult even if you weren’t pregnant.
DD0A113A-0606-4AAB-A770-CC3390407411.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.