Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tea&Toast

VIP Member
I’ve always been in favour of getting rid of the monarchy, but the only chance of it ever happening is when the queen dies, they’ve all got too much privilege and power and the tabloids want to keep them cos they sell newspapers. I never understood why Harry used to be so popular years ago in the tabs, then I saw on a documentary that he used to buy them all drinks in the pub. Diana also used to invite editors of the papers to the palace, for a ‘you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours’ talk too.

Reactions: 3

liar liar

VIP Member
I love how everyone was waiting for her to do the 'what about Andrew?' thing, but instead we got stories about her new bestie, Fergie.
🥴🥴🥴

Can any of our American friends, Yeltsin, Merkin, etc, confirm if the majority of younger USA viewers would have been like:

View attachment 474847

Or is our Sarah still remembered from her QVC days?
I thought the reference was about Sarah Ferguson not Black Eyed Peas one... <scratches head>

• Haha

liar liar

VIP Member
Don’t know if it’s been discussed before but do y’all remember when Meghan and Oprah couldn’t hug because of “Covid rules” but a few clips later they were looking at the chickens and walking across the yard hand to hand. Meghan u can’t even get ur facts straight about freaking chickens
Yes but the chicken thing must have been filmed at a different time before the lockdown in Ca? The chickens are at H&Ms low-rise mansion but the interview was at an unspecified location.

Hoohumm

Infanta Christina’s husband went to jail for 5 years for Fraud. Cristina went to switzerland in exile.
i suspect if he wasn’t a king; Juan Carlos may have been jailed. Felipe was brought in fo4 damage limitation
Yes, not disputing this at all, Juan Carlos and Cristina are horrible people... My point was merely using a large country as an example of how the responbilities with regard to public engagement can be discharged with a small number of working royals and Charles is right to pursue this route therefore saying the rules will be changed with regard to Archie has nothing to do with his heritage, a plan was in place for years and Harry knew that... Norway is probably a more stable example, they also have a small number of working royals but also less ground to cover (and a crazy princess to boot).

That's pretty much what some tattlers suggested. Support for their mental health struggles, saying "ummm....."liars" tactfully but not getting in to it and saying the "Much loved family members" bit.
Another thing I noticed is there is no mention of the new baby anywhere in the last sentence or the statement. If a woman in halfway through her pregnancy and has already disclosed the gender, wouldn't you also include her in the statement. I dunno. Seems odd.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Also regarding she went for help and they said no...well everyone knows the royals have their own private Doctor so why didnt she go and see them?

If Piers has left does that mean we will get the dreadful Ben shephard or even worse Dermot O Leary?
that weather guy.......what’s his face 😆

The thing is if the royals came out and denied the racism claim the Sussex might hit back and name the one who said it. So the royals wont want to risk that (depending on who said it)
charles - next king
william - next king 2.0

their hands were tied.

• Haha

JAR21

VIP Member
Unfortunately I doubt that will work. Once the race card has been played it's difficult to scream "liar" at someone, even if that's actually the case.

If they're going to answer it, they could have the person who made the comment in the first place (if it has any truth at all) come forward, explain the context of the line and that they meant no racism an throw themselves on an "educate myself journey" of meeting a many of the UKs POC as possible - which they often did anyway during official visits. And then emphasise that everything else was taken out of context as well or "just their truth".

But I don't know there are so many things swirling at the moment. Some people think William's been in tears today and the queen asking to sleep on her declaration before signing it means its going to be huge one way or the other. I have no idea personally.
Where have you seen that about William?

Squarehole

VIP Member
She said that the date of the garden vows is the one that is on the wedding certificate that hangs in her home - MORE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No I'm sure she said vows as in what they said to each other not the certificate.

To be honest I realised when they said it was just the three of them that they didn't get married as there would have been no witnesses plus your wedding certificate has the date in it I'm sure before it's all signed. She said they got married but they just meant they had a private moment sort of thing ?

She didn't say it clearly but I understood what she meant there.

Reactions: 2

Hoohumm

Oh and when people say what about Prince Phillip being in hospital, I think since when would a 99 year old ordinary non royal person ever get the chance to have a heart operation at 99. Ordinary people can’t even get cancer treatment right now cos of covid and he gets a heart op at 99, no wonder that lot live to be a hundred
Didn't they say procedure? That could have been a catheter or something like that... I doubt he had bypass surgery or anything at his age

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
I was just reading on Twitter Bojo didn’t watch the interview ( yes yes bojo you da man) and that he stands by his response he said yesterday In regards to the RF.

Boris had them sussed time ago.
At times like this I wish Trump had Twitter , I’d love to know his thoughts lol 😂
I think his son still has twitter and is his father's quasi mouthpiece.... sorta. Not sure. Don Jr I think? I don't pay attention but saw a couple mentions. He might be tweeeting about it.

georg

The Blind Gossip article said she was caught taking pictures at a family home she was never invited to again. Amner hall? A comment said she was taking pics of the kids to supposedly sell which is the big bust up with w&C
I'm sorry for the stupid question but who is Fredo ? Is this website of trustful sources ?

Jas28

Chatty Member
So it's someone expressing concern that an imaginary baby might experience racism whilst Megs was apparently experiencing racism?
How the fuck is that racist?
Yougov today, split very evenly across the general public. But support decreases with age.

Is this peak Harry and Meghan popularity after they've had their say and no response has been issued?

View attachment 474751
The younger generations wont be lining the streets waving flags at the RF now

• Sad