Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gull

They wanted to leave this awful institution yet they wanted to hold on to the titles and duties. So many contradictions...

Reactions: 64

Portiapoo

My sons father is mixed race while I’m white with blue eyes.. I can’t imagine the convo had regarding archies skin colour was any thing more than my sons dad and I had while I was expecting... which went something like ‘I wonder if he will have a darker complexion and eyes like you, or be lighter like me, or a combo...’

it’s a normal thing to wonder with any pregnancy, which features the child will take from each side... she’s just playing on that to throw the race card 🙄🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

Palpatine

VIP Member
Thread title suggestion

Harry and Meghan #69 Haz will always be the runt. Megz will always be a............

• Haha
  • Heart

Tui

VIP Member
Can somebody smarter than me educate me? People on FB etc are saying that people with privilege (read: white privilege) can choose not to see the “obvious”racism in MM’s treatment.

As a biracial woman who is half white, who was raised largely by her white father, who attended private school and university funded by her white father, who can pass for white to the extent she gave that as her ethnicity on her CV - is Meghan not benefiting from white privilege here too? Genuine question as I am truly confused

• Heart

Leita

Chatty Member
At the end of the day this is grandson and grandmother. A relationship that’s sacred.

By publishing the interview, mentioning the firm and the family members it is completely disrespectful to her HMTQ as a grandmother and the head of the family. She has given her whole life to servicing the country, commonwealth etc. And building the family/institution.

Surely they could have spoken to her directly rather than air this in public. For a couple who want to lead a private life, they have certainly put them selves in the limelight.

Edited to add: If the couple wanted a private wedding, I’m sure HMTQ would have agreed. She did for Beatrice.....

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
I don’t think anyone’s “won” in all this (possibly Oprah). Yesterday a British woman got released in Iran after 5 years in jail, with no trial, there’s a missing princess in Dubai feared dead, there’s hundreds if not thousands of stories like this and the press throughout the world is filled with stories about these two who really wanted ‘privacy’. It’s a strange old world!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
Thank you @rainyfaces you have put it all into prospective for me. I have felt sick to the stomach today and didn’t know what way to think.
They are plenty of inconsistencies in her story and I can’t believe or understand why the family wouldn’t offer security to her son. He’s a grandchild of the future king!
I think when you consider what security he would need - for example Harry and Meghan at the time had security - why would Archie need his own security? It was written in Prince Charles' autobiography before Harry ever met Meghan that Prince Charles had a desire to slim down the monarchy more in keeping with other European houses. Charles had four siblings, all with offspring, the Cambridge's had three children then of themselves. Security teams cost millions - and remember both Harry and Meghan are self professed millionaires and were receiving funding directly from the Public list and privately via the Duchy of Cornwall (Prince Charles). Essentially a line was drawn that not every single relative of the Queen could continue to receive money from either the Duchy or the taxpayer - please consider that the Sussexes were not popular for their spending - either on Meghan's wardrobe (£1 million in first year, more than any other royal), Frogmore Cottage, private jets etc. Living that kind of lavish life for time eternal was just not an option. It was unfortunate Meghan was able to take this and make it into an issue of colour. She did this with the title. She may or may not believe it to be true, she seems very jumbled.

harry himself does not seem to understand why it wasn't acceptable for British taxpayers to fund his security when he left the country. "I was born into this life, I didn't choose it. They cut me off!" He says, with the pompous entitlement of someone who has inherited £30million, and lived in palaces, a prince has literal hereditary privilege and is trying to use it to gain sympathy from the people who confess to hating hereditary privilege (ha!!!) he didn't want to fulfil his part of the job contract. I mean you couldn't write this stuff! He has "educated himself" so now everything he does is fine, a fellow victim of oppression and institution. As though his clothes, education, polo ponies, holidays, mansion, wedding, food, helicopters have not been paid forby people on minimum wages, for the first 35 years of his life.

uh huh. Such a cruel period of time, remember. He was trapped and just didn't know it, try being actually trapped into an abusive family, without £30million pounds and your famous singer connections to rely on, without a mansion to flee to.

how he is being made out to be a man of the people....I mean it's very good spin. But it is spin.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

Baguette

VIP Member
At least the New York Post are calling bullshit

• Heart
  • Wow

lozenger

Chatty Member
Oh blimey, I am speechless! I didn't watch the interview as I can't stand her simpering voice. The clip I did see was where she implied about baby's colour - do watch it back there is a flash of defiant triumph and a definite smirk of dupers delight. She utterly loved dropping that one!

My husband is half Indian, there were plenty of convos (in a good way) about what colour our baby would be.

• Heart

Baguette

VIP Member
The press are responding

Ian Murray, executive director of the Society of Editors, said it was untrue that sections of the UK press were bigoted.

“It is not acceptable for the Duke and Duchess to make such claims without providing any supporting evidence. If it is simply the case the Sussexes feel that the press by questioning their actions and commenting on their roles when working as Royals funded by the taxpayer were being racist then they are mistaken,” commented Murray.

“In the case of Meghan Markle and her engagement and marriage to Prince Harry there was universal supporting coverage in the UK media which reflected the warmth shown to the couple by the British people. But that warmth could not and should not mean the press should be expected to refuse to report, investigate and comment on the couple’s lifestyle and actions.

• Heart
  • Wow

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I'd just like to say welcome to all the new Tattlers on this thread who hold the Harkles (spit) in contempt.

If anyone has a sneaking liking for them or believes their constant lies, then can I please politely ask you to desist as this is not the thread for you.

A group of us have been posting here for a very long time now and no attempts to make us like Smeggy or Haznoballs will work.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
Is it just me or from his expression and body language and the speed and animation of his speech, does JCMH look like he's completely lying?

BTW I think they're both trying to bury William and Charles because they said no
I agree. I think Charles stopped taking Hs calls for the same reason King George stopped taking Edward's calls: they were daily calls begging for money

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

citrix

I see Meghan and the ginger doormat have now spoken and thrown the racism card into the ring, can't help thinking it's all because of the 9 people she bullied out of the Royal household, I'll be waiting to see the outcome of that tribunal with interest

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

Funnifing71

Chatty Member
I want to know why Oprah didn’t pursue for answers from Harry.. you don’t drop that racism bombshell to potentially billions of people and then refuse to validate it by saying ‘I don’t feel comfortable answering that’ Mate.. you feel comfortable slagging off your entire family on tv including your Grandmother who’s devoted her entire life to public service. Racism should always be called out and admitting discomfort he’s basically protecting the alleged racist.... if it actually happened or he knows it’s been taken out of context!!

• Heart
Reactions: 58

buflesse

Chatty Member
Hi everyone! This is my first post on this specific forum thread, but I've been slowly losing patience with Meghan for a LONG time. Apologies as this is going to be a repeat of what I'm sure you've all said before, but here goes:

-she claims she didn't know who the RF were, but she was photographed as a teen outside BP and those who knew her said she was obsessed with Diana/the RF. Plus how could she NOT know of them, especially as she was on a crusade to date British men

-the fact that only one family member was at her wedding speaks volumes. She has ditched most of her family and most of her friends - yet no one seems to think that maybe she's the toxic one?

-the allegations of bullying go back years and it makes me SO ANGRY to see people on twitter suggest that she can't be a bully because she's mixed race, or that her aides weren't up to the job. I think it's only being looked at now because she's trashed the RF. It should have been dealt with earlier- and the fact that it wasn't disproves her claims that she was treated badly

-Meghan constantly plays the race card, to the extent that any criticism of her is seen as racist by a her fans. And there's a LOT to criticise - such as her lavish lifestyle (jetting off to NYC for a baby shower etc) and her behaviour towards her staff

-She has constantly courted the press and she was an absolute grifter before she met Harry, sucking up to Piers Morgan etc. Now she has no use for the tabloids she attacks them and pretends that she hated them all along

-She has turned Harry against his entire family, and Archie will grow up knowing that his parents cut off their families

-The claim that Archie wasn't made a prince because of his race is total rubbish; it's about royal protocol

-She claims to not be interested in royal trappings, yet she used her HRH title as much as possible and still clings onto her Duchess of Sussex title

-She said her wedding wasn't really her day, but she was smiling like a Cheshire cat throughout. She didn't need to have such a lavish wedding, but she went ahead anyway- and clearly revelled in it

-She presumably hasn't named the royal who supposedly expressed concern over Archie's skin colour because she knew that they would call her lie out as BS

-The fact that she is saying all of this when Philip has been in hospital for weeks is absolutely vile

I move in quite liberal/feminist circles and pretty much everyone I know has been taken in by her hook, line and sinker. It's so depressing. She was more than happy to take the wealth and status that came with being a member of the monarchy, but she quit when it didn't suit her- she wanted to be free to pursue sponsorships and build a global brand. She wanted to live in a huge US mansion with Harry and to be able to say whatever she wants with zero consequences. But she's spun it as this ridiculous Little Mermaid narrative where she is ALWAYS the victim, and she had to leave because of racism.

She is a ruthless social climber who ditches people when convenient. Harry is her meal ticket and there's no way she's letting go of him. She ditched her previous partners because they didn't bring her the fame and fortune she'd always hoped for.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Well I'm white and most certainly have experienced racism having been told that 'all white women are whores' at one point!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

NutMegandCinnamong

I don’t like Meghan one bit and think she is what she is with a few swear words between, but I do believe the conversation about Archie’s skin colour did happen I remember something about the royal family were agitated when Diana was dating Dodi and the thought of the princes having a step sibling with colour bothered them.
Diana dated a Pakistani Muslim doctor for two years before she dumped him for Dodi. The palace weren’t bothered. In fact, it was his parents who objected to them getting married.

• Heart
Reactions: 55