Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redyellowgreen

Chatty Member
Surely people have found her more 'relatable' and supported her if it actually came out that she had to seek mental health services ?

Also is there part 2 coming ?

Reactions: 4

pellegrino

Chatty Member
There's a huge huge difference between meeting someone and actually living with someone, or being in close proximity with them, and therefore having interactions with them that go beyond things that you're probably asked to say.
Again, you wouldn't ask someone what colour their baby will be because that's too personal and therefore rude. Asking someone you live with or communicate with almost daily (because they're now family) is a whole different thing because the personal boundaries are less clear - stuff such as what colour a child would be is fine to ask if you're curious (which is what I think happened here). The conversations you have become far more personal and of course less scripted.
Do I think the RF is racist? Oh definitely. However, I don't think the fact that racism that may not obviously be racism to them but is to the general population, which actually has to interact with different cultures on more personal levels than diplomatic meetings and respect the developing culture regarding 'political correctness' (the word has harsh connotations but it's the best I have to offer lmao), makes them the most guilty people out there. Unless the comments were repeated after they were explained that the couple didn't feel comfortable with them, then yes you're very quickly slipping into a discussion where racism goes beyond just blissful ignorance.
Like I said, you have no idea at all about how the Royal Family works.

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
What I don’t understand is why did she need the Royal families permission to seek help for her mental health? Surely she could have gone privately to a dr like anyone else ?!
Perhaps she had to sign a whole bunch of NDA's, before she married into the Royal Family?

Tofino

VIP Member
Sorry to ask but does anyone have a link to the interview? Can't watch it on TV, I'm not in the US or UK
I’ve not seen any full links, only clips on various news sites. I imagine they will be hot on the heels to remove any illegal streams to protect the tv contracts/copyright.

georg

In the interview, Megain says a female member of the family came and told her to “lay low” for a while because of the amount of press she had.
who do we think that was?
Camilla I think, or princess Anne ?

Interesting that they didn’t mention her family at all apart from where she says she lost her dad like he’d died. He’s still living babes, which you’re extremely lucky that he is. Lots of people, including myself, can’t say the same.
This resonates with me so much I lost my Dad when I was a child and I lost my oldest brother last year too so people like her who freeze out their family make me so bloody bitter and twisted

• Heart

annapolly

Don't mean to be rude but are you seriously inferring that the head of the commonwealth and her family who are vastly experienced in making people from all walks of life and from far flung countries at ease "don't know how to address people". I'm not on the attack but seriously
They are told what to say, in everyday life they are pampered and treated with deference so that when it comes to ‘normal’ people who are different from them they don’t know how to act when they are behind closed doors. The Queen maybe has a better insight due to her travelling but I can see certain members acting up.

Reactions: 3

0cbxox

Sorry to ask but does anyone have a link to the interview? Can't watch it on TV, I'm not in the US or UK

igiveup

VIP Member
Chris Ship was told the racism never came HMTQ or PP but someone else who’s senior.

The racism accusations have really irritated me.

1) If there has been racism, it can’t be hidden behind “I can’t say”. This is our Head of State? We can’t have a racist head of state. It HAS to be investigated.

2) the commonwealth celebrations were truly wholesome viewing and that goodwill between cultures has been shat upon now.

Doc

VIP Member
Watching Trisha on with Piers...she said any discussion about the colour of a child’s skin is racist because “why does it matter?”

OK. So how about the bazillions of virtue-signallers crowing about “finally” having a mixed raced member of the BRF born-in? Those people must be racist too...because WHY DOES IT MATTER?

You cannot have it both ways. The automatic bad-faith assumption whenever anyone so much as mentions skin colour in this country is ripping society to threads. Conversation is dead because it’s too toxic to cope with anymore and the word “racist” no longer means a damn thing. It’s been overused by those whose motives are malignant.

I despair. I really fucking do.
It does matter if BAME are being prejudiced, disenfranchised and attacked.

Cant have it both ways - skin colour either matters to pre-empt wrongs, or it doesn’t matter in which case there is no racism.

Libbie

VIP Member
Didn't watch it but read the highlights - am I right in assuming her own family and their disgusting behaviour was never mentioned?
Yes, not a word! I can only surmise that it’ll be mentioned on the next instalment - Gayle King programme I think, due UK time 12.00!

Merpedy

VIP Member
Are you having a laugh!!! You've just said that the British Royal Family and the head of the Commonwealth have not been educated in how to converse with people who aren't like them. Fuck me, that's priceless. Meghan isn't the only one that doesn't know how the BRF works.
There's a huge huge difference between meeting someone and actually living with someone, or being in close proximity with them, and therefore having interactions with them that go beyond things that you're probably asked to say.
Again, you wouldn't ask someone what colour their baby will be because that's too personal and therefore rude. Asking someone you live with or communicate with almost daily (because they're now family) is a whole different thing because the personal boundaries are less clear - stuff such as what colour a child would be is fine to ask if you're curious (which is what I think happened here). The conversations you have become far more personal and of course less scripted.
Do I think the RF is racist? Oh definitely. However, I don't think the fact that racism that may not obviously be racism to them but is to the general population, which actually has to interact with different cultures on more personal levels than diplomatic meetings and respect the developing culture regarding 'political correctness' (the word has harsh connotations but it's the best I have to offer lmao), makes them the most guilty people out there. Unless the comments were repeated after they were explained that the couple didn't feel comfortable with them, then yes you're very quickly slipping into a discussion where racism goes beyond just blissful ignorance.

I’m new to this as have little interest in H&M or the RF. Whoever is right or wrong I’m quite enjoying the pasting Piers is getting just now from this shouting woman.

• Angry

Merpedy

VIP Member
Don't mean to be rude but are you seriously inferring that the head of the commonwealth and her family who are vastly experienced in making people from all walks of life and from far flung countries at ease "don't know how to address people". I'm not on the attack but seriously
She's not actually friends with them or has deep chats with them. Let's be honest, you meet a stranger and you're probably not going to ask them what their experience of being a different race or culture is going to be - it would be a whole outrage if the Queen was to do that without actually being there to do it for some charity event or something of the like.
The family is in their own little wealthy bubble.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Merpedy

VIP Member
But if she and her husband felt it was racist and that there had been many comments on what shade Archie would be then why aren’t they allowed to express that. It’s very possible that comments were made 🤷‍♀️
At the same time you'd hope that they would have pointed out that the question or similar comments weren't okay.
I've seen some tweets making it seem like Meghan could be a turning point for the RF, but Meghan and Harry to some extent would have had to work with the RF members to teach them that what they're saying or doing is wrong. Meghan just being there isn't going to change the world

Reactions: 2