Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wkdlass

In the interview, Megain says a female member of the family came and told her to “lay low” for a while because of the amount of press she had.
who do we think that was?

Reactions: 2

Baxtyboo

There's a huge huge difference between meeting someone and actually living with someone, or being in close proximity with them, and therefore having interactions with them that go beyond things that you're probably asked to say.
Again, you wouldn't ask someone what colour their baby will be because that's too personal and therefore rude. Asking someone you live with or communicate with almost daily (because they're now family) is a whole different thing because the personal boundaries are less clear - stuff such as what colour a child would be is fine to ask if you're curious (which is what I think happened here). The conversations you have become far more personal and of course less scripted.
Do I think the RF is racist? Oh definitely. However, I don't think the fact that racism that may not obviously be racism to them but is to the general population, which actually has to interact with different cultures on more personal levels than diplomatic meetings and respect the developing culture regarding 'political correctness' (the word has harsh connotations but it's the best I have to offer lmao), makes them the most guilty people out there. Unless the comments were repeated after they were explained that the couple didn't feel comfortable with them, then yes you're very quickly slipping into a discussion where racism goes beyond just blissful ignorance.
Why do you think the Royal Family is racist?

Reactions: 2

Merpedy

VIP Member
Why do you think the Royal Family is racist?
People here have already discussed Harry and Phillip stuff. If that sort of behaviour or opinions slip into outside conversations, or conversations which aren't public, that says a lot imo.
I'm sure there are family members who don't hold those opinions and are more up to date than someone like Phillip who's basically ancient and probably holds a lot of opinions that were acceptable sometime ago but aren't any more, which again is why conversations which correct this sort of stuff are important (even if they're useless). Also, even some of the younger Royals will have grown up or be growing up with family members that have those opinions and they will likely pick them up too. UK as a whole has an issue of institutional racism, so personal interactions between Royals and minorities or people of other cultures that go beyond their duties are probably few and far between because let's be honest, the rich aren't going to suddenly mix with the poorest of the society in their personal lives.
To paint a conversation that can easily be construed as curiosity in a racist way is personally not it for me. If you want to take the RF down or put them in their place and they have said racist stuff to you, you have far bigger ammo that won't be discounted as this has been.

Reactions: 1