Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think she accumulated some time living on a work visa in Toronto. if you look up the rule, I believe it says one has to have lived something like 3 years in the past five in Canada (working) in order to qualify for landed immigrant status. Also, a person can come there and work while sponsored by an employer which is what she did when filming suits..
however, importing Harry and Archie as dependents would take some time to qualify for, so Harry will probably have to live There 6 months less a day (as a visitor) in any calendar year until she gains her status. He could alternatively get his own job offer from a Canadian employer. They will also have complex tax issues if they bounce between US and Canada. There is absolutely no reciprocal right of Americans or a Canadians to live in each other’s country except as temporary visitors.
Prefect and for taxes no matter where she resides she hasn’t to pay or claim American tax. It’s the only country I know of where you have to do it even if they didn’t make money there or reside there.
Harry and Archie maybe have an easier time as commonwealth you can live and work in another commonwealth country for up to a year without applying for an extension. I know it’s true with Australia but I’m fairly certain it is true between the other commonwealth countries. But if she is getting residency for suits that’s kinda crazy to me. She was sponsored yes, but that she is just getting a right for citizenshipbecause of it when she’s has spent so much time away in the recent years.

Reactions: 1

Grenouille

Okay just I just got lost down the rabbit hole reading these tweets, Darling 😉 So the suggestion is that Prince Andrew was the Royal scapegoat in the Epstein scandal when the real target was Meagain...& it’s all on tape 😳 WTF! Well if it’s all on tape, set yourself up for life, Darling & release it to the highest bidder 🤷🏻‍♀️ There’s a lot of info in these tweets that suggests insider info but not the actual proof to make real waves. Interesting that this account hasn’t been picked up by the media either....anybody else’s thoughts 🤔
The Epstein thing completely lost me on the twitter account.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I presumed that they might mean from 1st April so a new financial year, they’ve probably already spent their annual budget from daddy already anyway. But it’s all a bit ambiguous !
The financial year starts April 6 but Spring officially starts 20th March and ends 20th June.

There is a comment by Penny Junor (I can't find the article now) where she stated that there are 2 main reasons why they have been allowed to retain the HRH but not authorised to currently use it.

1. Was in case Harry wants to return.
2. Was in the even that Harry HAS to return in the event of the Queen passing and if Charles has poor health (for example) he would be fully expected to return to the fold.

Which had never crossed my mind.
ALso canadian monarchy is virtual. It neither rules nor resides in Canada. It would go against parts of the Canadian constitution and monarchy agreement if they kept HRH and lived in Canada. It would have screwed with two governments. Canada is apart of the commonwealth so it’s a little bit easier as a common wealth citizen to live in Canada. But they couldn’t have been allowed if they were monarchy.

coconochanel

VIP Member
so they’re still HRH.....

• the Palace and Sussex households have now been accused of purposefully fudging the statement
  • It transpired Harry and Meghan have not been stripped of the title, but have just agreed not to deploy it
  • This sparked concern they could row back on their pledge if doing so could bolster their commercial brand

ignore me if this is old news.

They will keep HRH in name but will not use it. So how is that going to be monitored as they jet around the world making millions?'
Did the original statement say they had been stripped? I cant remember Ive read so much. :LOL:

I imagine just taking down Piers Morgan would be enough. And for many others to sit back and watch happen because he is odious.