Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Re the 1 year approval, I wonder if the Queen etc believe the marriage may not last until Christmas. I cannot believe their wedding was only one year and 8 months ago.
I came across this and around 13 minutes in, the look Meghan gives Harry...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 32

SharkAttack

VIP Member
OMG Buck House says they will no longer use their HRH titles.

Excellent news!

Now, what about the dosh?

Will they change all their trademarks?

SussexCommon doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Topanga

Chatty Member
Don't hate me, but am I the only one that feels a little bit for Harry?
I really don’t. He has always been spoiled, entitled and rude and absolutely ungrateful for his life of undeserved privilege. Whining for years he wanted to get out. Then get out! Holding his mothers’ death over everyone’s head. Boohoo, poor Harry. You’re not the only one who’s lost a parent, but do belong to the few privileged who can still ponder daily about that twenty years later because you don’t have to worry about food and a roof over your head like 99,9999999% of the people. He’s just a waste of space in my opinion.

Reactions: 30

Princesspinky

I actually think they've done the royal family a favour , the queen has conducted herself so well , shes gone up in my estimations

• Heart

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
It’s an arsehole move on many levels. Not just the lyrics but the big fuss of Wills and Kate in Bradford on Kensingtonroyal account yesterday now looks very corporate in comparison. I think that’s the thing. Haribo and Meghan are I the process of rebranding as an edgy celeb couple 🙄

Harry! Not Haribo... can tell what I talk a lot about when predictive texts correct to that 😂
Autocorrect changed Harry into a massive brand? Your autocorrect shall for evermore be known as Meghan 😑

• Haha

EiiiEiiiO

Long time lurker but here for this drama - is fascinating!

Apologies if already posted in previous threads, but I came across these clips of Meghan’s public appearances (after reading about the garden party tweet on Torontopapers)
When they’re all put together like this she’s an absolute mess - makes me wonder if she was completely out of her depth (with no support from her aides or Royal Family) OR her ego made her think she could just carry on acting the way she wanted instead of adopting Royal etiquette? (I’m now starting to think the latter!)

In some clips Harry looks terrified of what she’ll do/say next! 😂🙈

Oh I’m going to get flak for this, but these clips made me feel pretty sorry for her.
I know I know..
But it’s painfully obvious she’s completely uncomfortable and lost and doesn’t know protocol.
It was a “whirlwind romance” and she didn’t have time to get prepared for all this (like Kate did being that they dated for like 8 yrs) and it’s clear as day watching this. Don’t get me wrong, can’t stand the greedy witch but yeah.

Reactions: 29

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
Yeah, I’m of a mindset that just because an institution has tradition, it doesn’t mean it should stay exactly the same. Besides, BRF changed plenty over the decades, so why retain a medieval outlook on the role of women? I never said sacrifices shouldn’t be made, just that men in RF get to have independent careers/jobs/interests (military, Charles Duchy business etc) while women are expected to breed, look pretty and follow their man around. The Queen is only queen because a man gave up the job, she did well over the years but she hasn’t fostered better position for women in the BRF at all. I think that sucks. Also if two people fall in love they’ll try to stay together despite their dysfunctional families, but dysfunction is still in that family and no amount of hate against the couple can erase that. Harry and Meghan are far from being the only ones to blame for this mess.
I can't really agree with your comments here. The line of succession has favoured men because there seems to be a trend of boys being born first - Charles then William then George. A birth gender lottery is hardly evidence of institutional sexism. And, whilst it should have been done long ago, the succession has changed to stop females being skipped by younger males. So, yes the Queen has fostered a better position for females in the royal family. Although succession at the time pushed Anne further down the line, her gender hasn't held her back from being one of the most respected individuals in the BRF, whilst achieving sporting success in her own right. Prince Phillip spent 60 odd years walking behind his wife and gave up a potentially hugely successful navy career to do so. Tim Lawrence will also give way to his wife while out on public engagements. All the senior women in the BRF carry out plenty of engagements and have patronages in their own right and aren't just following their men around - Camilla, Catherine, Sophie, none of them need their spouse to represent the Queen.

• Heart

Topanga

Chatty Member
This is a really good point. Kate, Diana, Camilla the Queen, all the “official royal” women in that family had no profession or preexisting aspirations, let alone a job. RF gig was their job, it was all they aspired to do in life, so they didn’t feel so stifled by the monarchy machine, although even Diana found it borderline unbearable. To me, this is a damning indictement of the whole institution, that women are so limited and meant to literally disappear into their roles. Meghan is obviously a piece of work, but she is an independant woman with personality and opinions. Any institution that doesn’t tolerate that is highly problematic in this day and age.
It’s not limited to women, prince Philip made a lot of sacrifices as well. It’s an ancient institution, deal with it or don’t enter it. You can do so much good things while never ever having to worry about food or a roof over your head. This privilege comes with sacrifices, take it or leave it. Meghan wants the tiara, the palace, admiration and love AND a lot of money making schemes next to the public funding. Those things don’t combine.

Kat973

Ew! The fewer girls whose dream is to marry a fairytale prince, the better! It’s the kind of sham that’s been landing women in abusive marriages for centuries. If anything, they’re exposing the sham, rather than “cheapening”. If what he says is true than H&M are doing little girls worldwide a huge favour.
If Harry had been a ginger plumber from Glasgow there is no way he would have had a chance with Meghan. Meghan was looking to hook up with a famous English guy to get herself noticed. It must have been like winning the lottery for her to bag a Prince. She was a fan of the monarchy and hopped, skipped and jumped to the palace and all the privilege that offered. Let’s not give credit to someone who doesn’t deserve it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Apparently Meghan is bring TIG back but has renamed it Sussex's Happy life In Toronto and heres some upcoming articles.....

1 My fav Soho house items including *those* cups and plates seen in my BBF Daniels IG pic when he visited me in the UK.
2 Ten things to do with a Duchy Avacado
3 How to get your husband to do EXACTLY what you want without him realising
4 High street to high end and back to high street again my fav items for any occasion including meeting the Queen
5 How to stay positive in a toxic enviroment
6 Why rubbing your pregnant bump every 2 minutes creates a great bond with your unborn baby.

Also coming soon healthy quick recipes in association with #Waitrose #duchy foods.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Topanga

Chatty Member
Meghan really is the new Wallis Simpson, I thought some articles were being over the top at the start before they even got married and they were comparing her to Wallis because of her divorce. But they've got it exactly right now Harry wants out of the Royal family because of her. I think even the Queen could see it back then as there was specualtion she gave them frogmore cottage as a bit of shade due to Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII being buried on the grounds of frogmore
I don’t think anyone in the media was comparing her to Wallis just because of her divorce, they all knew a lot more that they didn’t publish. The queen really knew, on the wedding day she had the wicked witch transported in the same car Wallis was in for her husbands’ funeral 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Interesting leaked evidence from the up coming court fight with the press.
She's basically rinsed her dad all her adult life, no wonder her sister hates her and calls her selfish.:rolleyes:
View attachment 73592
I always found it odd that her father paid for Meghan to be privately educated and her sister claimed he continued to fund her, yet in her first speech in Fiji addressing university students,Meghan states she could only afford university/college through ‘Scholarships, Financial aid, having a job whilst on campus’.
The full speech is on YouTube.
It really put me off Meghan when she made the speech as she made it about her first...again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

PoleStar

Chatty Member
OMG! If that ain’t a subliminal (classless) message I don’t know what is. It has her name written all over it. Or does it? It’s an English band that, being American, she may not have heard of, they were hardly mainstream. They both disgust me. Below the belt and that may come back to haunt him when he comes back running with his balls in her handbag!

I know, me too. I’m developing an unhealthy obsession with this story 🍿😈
I don't think Harry's balls are in Meghan's handbag, I think she's eaten them. Either that or she's going to wear them as earrings, Pat Butcher style. Either way, he's been neutered.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27