Harry and Meghan #41 turning tricks, see it all on Netflix.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone :)
Still quiet on the harkles front! There's got to be something really juicy coming up soon!

When I get a call from a scammer - I say "Tell me all about it" - then I put the phone down on the side, with them still talking and I walk away for about 10 minutes. I always wonder how far they get through their script before they realise that I'm not actually there!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Another great article from Aubrey Hansen.
I think this is spot on! I think even if she had been able to step away quietly (as they had purportedly wanted to do) and she later admitted she had struggled in the role- people would have accepted that and left her alone. Problem is, Kate not only knew the ropes and spent a lot of time getting used to what would be expected of her, but also had a very robust family upbringing. At heart this means she probably has more emotional resilience. Narcissists like Meghan are fragile and unable to acknowledge their failings even to themselves. She and the Trumpster are far more similar then she would ever care to admit.

• Heart
It is the day that the Queen and Philip met him .not christening day .........if I remember rightly Meghan said she had just passed them in a corridor
So it was another day 😄 I was confused for a minute there 🤪
So Queenie and Phil the Greek got a small glimpse of Archiedoll as they passed them in a corridor! Wow lucky them. Wonder if they spotted it was a dolly 😆
I can imagine Brenda quickly rearranging her diary so she didn't have to attend the christening 😆😁

• Haha
  • Heart
I know this is going to get me annihilated on here but hear me out. I really think the above choice of phrase monkey business was poor. Have been a lurker on this thread for a year and really love it (I am NOT a sugar!) because I have found a bunch of likeminded souls who see through the utter BS that is Meghan & Harry. And yes, in all likelihood - Doria. However you’re clearly a super bright woman Freda so I don’t believe that phrase was used accidentally. And it lets the thread down for me , because then it allows the people who shout racism (as opposed to spot on bullshit detection) to have fuel.
Wow. The term ‘monkey business’ is commonly used, something I often say to my grandson when I know he’s up to no good. It’s not racist. Stop looking for things that aren’t there.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
RIP - Ruth Bader Ginsburg an amazing woman working towards equality for women. I hope she’s not replaced by someone seeking to do the opposite

Her intelligence and conviction contrast with Meghan’s band wagon jumping.

I’m sure Meghan is narc thinking ‘ I could do that’

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Spot on that. I was never one of those who believed that the plan all along was to leave the royal family and branch out on their own. They left because Megsy discovered (much to her dismay) that she was never going to be the royal superstar that she thought she deserved to be. That she was never going to break the internet by being the eighth wonder of the world. Yes, she truly believed that she would do that at one point :LOL:.
She found out very quickly that she was a pretty minor cog in the grand scheme of things so decided that rather than face life playing second fiddle to the far more senior royals she would go and try to be American royalty instead.
She just had to persuade Hazza of the wonderful life that was awaiting them over the pond and of course he’s that thick he believed it would all be great.
But I think she’ll find that she’s still a minor cog wherever in the world they reside.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I know this is going to get me annihilated on here but hear me out. I really think the above choice of phrase monkey business was poor. Have been a lurker on this thread for a year and really love it (I am NOT a sugar!) because I have found a bunch of likeminded souls who see through the utter BS that is Meghan & Harry. And yes, in all likelihood - Doria. However you’re clearly a super bright woman Freda so I don’t believe that phrase was used accidentally. And it lets the thread down for me , because then it allows the people who shout racism (as opposed to spot on bullshit detection) to have fuel.
I have no intention of 'annihilating' you @Tiddlypom
This is a platform for opinions and all are welcome (except sugars). We like to have a laugh and call out bullshit from the Harkles. We love newcomers ❤
But really? Is this another phrase that has been hijacked by the woke brigade???? It's a common phrase that has been around for ever but it seems to have joined a growing list of words we can't use.....🤢🤢🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 41
This is a platform for opinions and all are welcome (except sugars). We like to have a laugh and call out bullshit from the Harkles. We love newcomers ❤
But really? Is this another phrase that has been hijacked by the woke brigade???? It's a common phrase that has been around for ever but it seems to have joined a growing list of words we can't use.....🤢🤢🤢
Totally agree. In fact saying monkey business was quite a nice way of describing the lying, deceptive, underhand, greedy load of cunts they actually are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Same in the U.K.
unless you request a call back
I’ve had calls claiming to be bt saying I have internet problems
I need to do checks I let them chat away say yes I got that yes ok I’ve done that
Then say at the end my microwave still won’t work
Calls from Microsoft saying I need to do checks I reply with oh hello can you put me through to steve he works for you and he’s not answering my calls

Or I reply with hello welcome to Microsoft complaints stop f’ing calling me
Or we understand you have an accident that was not your fault
Is that right reply yes when someone answers
I say No I don’t drive but the dog did trip me up
Funny how they hang up how rude
my go-to is "Metropolitan police fraud squad, how may I direct your call? "

Or I ask what they're wearing.

Screenshot_20200919-105407.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Even Chuck Berry had a song called Too Much Monkey Business

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It was most likely her plan to have the starring role in the RF, which didnt work and she doesnt know how anyone could resist her being number one in UK...but then Haz haznt really succeeded as a royal either,so maybe a good pair...if only they would shut up and fade into the background.

• Haha
So it was another day 😄 I was confused for a minute there 🤪
So Queenie and Phil the Greek got a small glimpse of Archiedoll as they passed them in a corridor! Wow lucky them. Wonder if they spotted it was a dolly 😆
I can imagine Brenda quickly rearranging her diary so she didn't have to attend the christening 😆😁
Lady C told the story of the Queen having lunch with an old and long-established friend of hers and the gruesome twosome must have come up along with the word marriage, I believe the Queen allegedly said, "I hope I'm dead before those two get married"!

Based on that I think you could be onto something. I'd actually thought it myself. If The Queen did say that it makes you wonder what the hell must have been going on for her to have come out with something like that. I can't remember if it was in one of her blogs or the book.

I think something bad must be going on in the background currently because Lady C has been vitriolic towards those two in the last two blogs. Really cutting.

She's mentioned a couple of times of Harry being addicted to Meghan like Heroin so I'm reading something into that, we've speculated here many times about whether or not he's partaking again ... Time will tell ...

If you want to know where the term monkey business comes from, take a drive through the Monkey enclosure at Longleat, if your car comes away unscathed you will have escaped monkey business. That term for all of my long life has referred to mischief-making similar to what you've indulged in here to today which is in and of itself monkey business.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Even Chuck Berry had a song called Too Much Monkey Business
Yeah... I get what you are all saying. I do, honestly. Hate woke stuff as a general rule. Can’t be doing with the whole JK Rowling outcry. Can’t stand the fact that H&M are harnessing themselves to this pious culture where we have to repress everything we say. Was pretty sure wotsisname hadn’t a scoobies when he posted the picture on Twitter of the chimpanzee being held by the hand between H&M. So please don’t think am asking for that type of misplaced outrage. I just think you chose that phrase on purpose Freda- maybe I have got this wrong! And I think it’s got way too many connotations in the context of slagging off Doria’s (clearly) dodgy business dealings alongside the Compton catchphrase.
Anyway. I appreciate your level opinions and the fact that some of us can agree to disagree. I also like the fact I feel I can say something without being hounded off a thread- there are a bunch of really strong people on here which is why debate is tolerated so well.

Lady C told the story of the Queen having lunch with an old and long-established friend of hers and the gruesome twosome must have come up along with the word marriage, I believe the Queen allegedly said, "I hope I'm dead before those two get married"!

Based on that I think you could be onto something. I'd actually thought it myself. If The Queen did say that it makes you wonder what the hell must have been going on for her to have come out with something like that. I can't remember if it was in one of her blogs or the book.

I think something bad must be going on in the background currently because Lady C has been vitriolic towards those two in the last two blogs. Really cutting.

She's mentioned a couple of times of Harry being addicted to Meghan like Heroin so I'm reading something into that, we've speculated here many times about whether or not he's partaking again ... Time will tell ...

If you want to know where the term monkey business comes from, take a drive through the Monkey enclosure at Longleat, if your car comes away unscathed you will have escaped monkey business. That term for all of my long life has referred to mischief-making similar to what you've indulged in here to today which is in and of itself monkey business.
Of course I know the phrase! If I was using it to describe my kids it would make perfect sense. In fact I’m sure I have....
Anyway. I honestly don’t want this escalating Ian’s this derailing.
As you were (sorry for nicking your sign off, @Yorkiejules )

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So, the truth is out! Remember when they boasted of going to earn over $1m for a speech? Now it is reported that it could be between $250k and $400k because the level of control their insist on will put clients off. 🤔 reputation becoming tarnished? They will soon come down to Earth with a bump when the reality of the disdain they are really held in seeps in.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

I agree with you. Lady C had the gloves on for her biography and tried so hard to be fair to Megz that it bordered on the ridiculous. I get the feeling the gloves are off now. I'm also with you on Lady C choosing particular words carefully. In the book, she mentions them being 'high' a couple of times and you could definitely read something into that if you wanted to, much like Doria being away 'for long stretches' and not being the marrying kind. I've long thought the reason they were completely and swiftly kicked out of Kensington Palace, after their notorious all night parties, would be explained by drugs.

About that silly helicopter bit of PR... Labour MP Emma Dent Coad said this about Harry in 2017: ' The politician made headlines this week when she alleged that Harry had failed his Army helicopter pilot exams, while speaking at a meeting called Reigning in the Monarchy. She was quoted as saying: "Harry can't actually fly a helicopter… He tried to pass the helicopter exam about four times and he couldn't get through it at all so he always goes for the co-pilot." ' Those comments caused a bit of uproar at the time. No question Harry was a co-pilot and gunner but it's always been a bit murky as to whether he passed the written exams. When this blew up, there wasn't a simple, clean statement that he passed all the required examinations but a lot of bluster about his 10 years service. So I'm not convinced he passed the helicopter equivalent of his theory test, and I don't remember ever reading that Harry has flown a helicopter since leaving the Army.

• Heart
Times move on Chuck Berry’s not really a good standard. My mum isn’t a racist but she doesn’t keep up with what politically correct.

She doesn’t mean to be offensive but when corrected takes it in good faith eg eeny, meeney miney moo, part of the old rhyme was incredibly racist, but my mum said it to the kids without thinking. I corrected her and she said it’s hard to keep up with what’s the correct phrase. She didn’t accuse me of being ‘woke’ she just accepted times have moved on

Reactions: 6
Yeah... I get what you are all saying. I do, honestly. Hate woke stuff as a general rule. Can’t be doing with the whole JK Rowling outcry. Can’t stand the fact that H&M are harnessing themselves to this pious culture where we have to repress everything we say. Was pretty sure wotsisname hadn’t a scoobies when he posted the picture on Twitter of the chimpanzee being held by the hand between H&M. So please don’t think am asking for that type of misplaced outrage. I just think you chose that phrase on purpose Freda- maybe I have got this wrong! And I think it’s got way too many connotations in the context of slagging off Doria’s (clearly) dodgy business dealings alongside the Compton catchphrase.
Anyway. I appreciate your level opinions and the fact that some of us can agree to disagree. I also like the fact I feel I can say something without being hounded off a thread- there are a bunch of really strong people on here which is why debate is tolerated so well.

Of course I know the phrase! If I was using it to describe my kids it would make perfect sense. In fact I’m sure I have....
Anyway. I honestly don’t want this escalating Ian’s this derailing.
As you were (sorry for nicking your sign off, @Yorkiejules )
I can't believe that our Freda is the type to lob a grenade and retreat! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It is extremely difficult to keep up with what is PC now in terms of speech. I remember asking a POC at work if they wanted black or white coffee and praying I hadn't given offence!

I think people these days are quick to jump up and down screaming offense without thinking about whether the person in question actually meant to offend them, and intent should always be the benchmark.

My mother in law who was from the Caribbean used to say 'coloured folks' and hated being called black!

My current peeve is being called CIS 🙄 and I don't understand why other people think that they can relabel me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.