Harry and Meghan #40 It's never our fault, our self awareness is locked in the vault!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read in the Times that the next Invictus Games is now struggling as Harry was going to be part of a fundraising concert next Spring but that was going to be shown by Amazon. Now he’s tied to Netflix no go.

Harry and Meghan’s Netflix deal scuppers Invictus bash
I just read the same news; sad and outrageous :(

To edit/add: Sad and outrageous because I feel bad for the actual athletes taking part in the games. I'm sure money will be raised one way or another but surely the glossy headlines that Harry's involvement has brought, have motivated many of the participants. Who knows the attraction of the actual event now that The Harkles have turned out to be a bit tit in promoting anything.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
So not only have Harkles signed up to a company who will be airing a tacky Diana musical, now it seems Horrible Harry will be involved in making a documentary about Diana.

I bet William is furious 😡

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I’ve just read in the Times that the next Invictus Games is now struggling as Harry was going to be part of a fundraising concert next Spring but that was going to be shown by Amazon. Now he’s tied to Netflix no go.

Harry and Meghan’s Netflix deal scuppers Invictus bash
Disappointed to hear this. Harry really needs to grow a pair. If his wife won’t return the originals, Pom Bear has lots lying around so she can throw a pair at him, if he asks her politely.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Chris Ship of ITV mentioned at the end of his latest Royal Rota podcast that a few Royal Household events (currently under embargo) are planned for this week, including one that could be 'quite significant in the scheme of things' so he expected an interesting week. He also confirmed he is going to continue sucking up to reporting on the Harkles as he has 'good relationships' with their team and they are still part of the Royal Family 🥴

• Sick
Reactions: 18

Harry and Meghan have cancelled a key fundraising event for the Invictus Games, after signing a new deal with streaming giant Netflix.

The glittering music and comedy show was set to be held in California in June 2021 and broadcast on Amazon, with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex planning to make speeches during the event.

The fundraiser, which organisers hoped would raise at least £1 million for the Invictus Games Foundation, would have likely taken place at The Hollywood Bowl.

Harry and Meghan have cancelled a key fundraising event for the Invictus Games

Officials at the foundation were reportedly 'stunned' after a lawyer for the Sussexes informed them they would not be going ahead with the event last week, shortly before the Netflix deal was announced.

According to a report in the Sunday Times, the lawyer cited a 'conflict' of plans with another streaming service.

A source involved in the planning of the event told the publication: 'It's very bad form and everyone at Invictus is gutted. 'Harry said yes to doing this last year and everything was still moving forwards until a few weeks ago.

'This was going to be a big moment for Invictus where the pot is pretty empty, and it has left them in the lurch. Harry needs to pull his finger out to find another way to raise funds for them.'

According to an Invictus spokesperson, the event was 'shelved' due to the Covid-19 pandemic and was a decision independent of the Netflix deal being signed.

I see the DM aren't pulling any punches with this headline!

Also, the quote in bold, a desperate attempt from the gruesome twosome's PR team to try and pull things back from the inevitable backlash?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 26

Harry and Meghan have cancelled a key fundraising event for the Invictus Games, after signing a new deal with streaming giant Netflix.

The glittering music and comedy show was set to be held in California in June 2021 and broadcast on Amazon, with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex planning to make speeches during the event.

The fundraiser, which organisers hoped would raise at least £1 million for the Invictus Games Foundation, would have likely taken place at The Hollywood Bowl.

Harry and Meghan have cancelled a key fundraising event for the Invictus Games

Officials at the foundation were reportedly 'stunned' after a lawyer for the Sussexes informed them they would not be going ahead with the event last week, shortly before the Netflix deal was announced.

According to a report in the Sunday Times, the lawyer cited a 'conflict' of plans with another streaming service.

A source involved in the planning of the event told the publication: 'It's very bad form and everyone at Invictus is gutted. 'Harry said yes to doing this last year and everything was still moving forwards until a few weeks ago.

'This was going to be a big moment for Invictus where the pot is pretty empty, and it has left them in the lurch. Harry needs to pull his finger out to find another way to raise funds for them.'

According to an Invictus spokesperson, the event was 'shelved' due to the Covid-19 pandemic and was a decision independent of the Netflix deal being signed.

I see the DM aren't pulling any punches with this headline!

Also, the quote in bold, a desperate attempt from the gruesome twosome's PR team to try and pull things back from the inevitable backlash?
If the fundraising target was £1m, then surely the Sussexes could donate that amount privately from their new income?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
So not only have Harkles signed up to a company who will be airing a tacky Diana musical, now it seems Horrible Harry will be involved in making a documentary about Diana.

I bet William is furious 😡
Very early thread title suggestion...

Harry & Meghan #41 Cringe & Ginge have no shame, manipulate the public using Diana’s name.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Chris Ship of ITV mentioned at the end of his latest Royal Rota podcast that a few Royal Household events (currently under embargo) are planned for this week, including one that could be 'quite significant in the scheme of things' so he expected an interesting week. He also confirmed he is going to continue sucking up to reporting on the Harkles as he has 'good relationships' with their team and they are still part of the Royal Family 🥴

George and Charlotte are back to school.
i wonder if we will get another photo?

Anyway that frees up Will & Kate. Will be good to see them doing engagements

Reactions: 21
Totally agree. I can't stand the treacherous bastard and have no sympathy for him.

He was a soldier in the British army but he has proved it was all bravado. He has shown himself to be a wimp when it came to teaching his wife about what the British people expect from the royals. They refused to take expert advice and he has allowed his wife to be disrespectful towards the Queen and therefore aided and abetted her nasty self important trashiness.

Their behaviour threatens the monarchy and the Queen clearly is worried about what will happen when she passes away. I hope the Queen gives instructions to William concerning them and how he should deal with his traitor brother. The Queen must now see Smeggy for the gold digging con artist that she is.

When the Queen and Charles are gone Horrible Harry may decide to come back and try to take the crown from his brother. Plenty of royal younger sons have tried to do this in the past. I wouldn't put it past him now he has revealed his true nature.

The royal family must strip the titles and stop funding now. Make it plain we don't want him anymore. He's proved to be a man who values money above else and just as trashy and self obsessed as his wife.

👏👏 Exactly!

Harry showed us who he is, his former PR man deserves a medal for the creation of the loveable cheeky chappy we liked. He showed us what he values most when he turned down the Royal Marines service to shill to Bob Iger. I'd be less annoyed by them if they were not hiding behind this philanthropic woke nonsense, admit you want the money already and stop pretending you're something you're not.

I know when you fall in love you want to make that person happy but that does not involve letting them hurt your family. In some ways I think even less of him than of her (and my opinion of her is very low) because they're his family and he's allowing it, as well as being actively involved in trashing them via that pathetic book and all the press leaks. Can you imagine the information she has now, all the private stuff he has told her about his family? If they split - or when they split, that is - imagine what she'll say and do, unless she is paid off with an NDA. This problem is not going away anytime soon. It's a huge disaster.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
The operative word in this story is COULD. Doesn’t mean they have pocketed it all at once. We know H&M don’t get their hands dirty but sit back and wait for the cheques. Netflix will soon see how many subscriptions have been cancelled and once projects are done and poorly received, will reconsider their generosity. H&M have extremely limited entertainment industry experience (M was D-list actress at best). This means that they are getting offers because of their royal links which defeats their purpose, doesn’t it?

Most people with a fledgling business start small and grow, but these two are already flying high and very close to the sun before they’ve even shown what they are capable of without experience.
Two things sicken me about the netflix shite.
1) They clearly CLEARLY only got the offer (and at this point it is just an offer to buy some things they might pursue. Until they deliver as promised it's just words on paper) because of the Royal connection. Yanno, the connection they claim to despise and that they go out of their way to piss on.

2) There is so much talent out there, genuine talent that will have spent years learning and honing their craft hoping to get a foot in the door with a mere 1% of the deal these two cunts have wangled. But they get shunted aside because some bleep on the board w ants to boast of having a gen-u-whine British Royal on his payroll and might even have them at his dinner table for his wifey to trill and boast about in her mega wealthy clique. Deals like this must make striving talent despair.

• Heart
So what happened to the 'this is the one and only time I'm going to be talking about my mother on camera' now he's making money off the back of his mother's death. You Harry are bleeping sick

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Is Pom working for the DM now? 😂 Love the tiger king one😂
Yeah, the witch is likely making a fortune on the QT :mad:
We made her! She owes us!
Mushroom willie is very disappointed that our star cartoonist is freelancing for the Mail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Two things sicken me about the netflix shite.
1) They clearly CLEARLY only got the offer (and at this point it is just an offer to buy some things they might pursue. Until they deliver as promised it's just words on paper) because of the Royal connection. Yanno, the connection they claim to despise and that they go out of their way to piss on.

2) There is so much talent out there, genuine talent that will have spent years learning and honing their craft hoping to get a foot in the door with a mere 1% of the deal these two cunts have wangled. But they get shunted aside because some bleep on the board w ants to boast of having a gen-u-whine British Royal on his payroll and might even have them at his dinner table for his wifey to trill and boast about in her mega wealthy clique. Deals like this must make striving talent despair.
Sadly H & M are not a good example to anyone aspiring to succeed through talent. There are a lot of issues re. pulling the titles ( needing Parliament assent/questioning other Royal titles/wacism/reality that H & M will continue to use them anyway and Americans won't realise they are not Royalş and continue to address them with the titles). Even if the RF convince JH to renounce the title as the best way out, Meghan will eternally despise him for voluntarily taking the title away from her. This could set in motion the resentment and devaluatiaon required for divorce on her part. İ think the Netflix hype is an overstatement by H & M of the financials to be earnt. They will simply use Charles' money to buy already-made docs and add their names and speech-endorsements to them. They have another 6 months to do this. İ can't see them employing people to direct, act, and write for them. Meghan will want to be in control, and this will be their ultimate downfall - as Netflix are the overall boss. We have seen her attempt at writing and it is a hagiography, of no edifying benefit to man nor beast. They continue to sell their souls for a dollar, and İ can't see the RF or anyone ever trusting Harry to be a member of the RF again. Evryone's ready to cut them loose by now, surely?????

That Jonathan Shalit bloke needs to shut up singing the praises of MM too - today in Mail saying why not she go into politics....

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Anyone here familiar with how Netflix makes money off its original content (presumably what Smeg and H will be doing)? What happens when they put the stuff up, and people don't want to watch it or viewership is much lower than expected? Can they renege on the contract or cut them loose?

Reactions: 17
Just read that Times story, (pay Wall) by Roya Nikkah so it's reliable. Wow!

This was supposed to be a big Invictus fundraising concert at the Hollywood Bowl in June 2021,with Ed Sheeran and Beyonce, and speeches by Haz & Megz, and streamed globally by Amazon.

Invictus were contacted by lawyers to tell them it was off a few weeks ago. Not Harry. The lawyers.
You know at many points over the past year I've gone "Right, well he's done it now ... can't sink any lower". And within weeks he goes lower again.
It's like I've said all along being in the military is like being in a huge big family and the men all feed off each other's bravado. They aren't all gung-ho, some just want a regular wage and a quiet life but once you're in the mix and the tit hits the fan they all buckle up and are heroes. The thing is that once they no longer have their mates backing them up some revert to a life of not rocking their comfy boat. Hazza is such a one. He babbles on about "I was in the military for 10years ".. and manages to cram that mantra into most of his zoom waffling as if it proves what a strong super hero he is. No hazza, you were strong back then because you had an army backing you up and because you knew no one could fart at you because even in the army you had protection officers watching your back. Now he's just a balding ginger bloke who is pussy whipped and sees only dollar signs and he's a total coward. He should have personally contacted those guys at Invictus about that cancellation. God knows he used Invictus often enough to big up what a great guy he was for being so into it. But he's just a cowardly bleep when he no longer has his back-up.

• Heart
  • Haha
I wonder what the members of the forces & their families think about all this.

Going to a cartoon/film rather than attending a military memorial was bad enough.......but this

Just when you think HE couldn’t get any lower.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
I've always liked Harry in the past but now I'm starting to think maybe Meg didn't brainwash him entirely...she just brought out the parts of him that were well hidden before by PR + influence of the RF. It's very hard for me to imagine that she could convince someone to do everything he's doing now (I don't care how skilled and convincing she thinks she is in the bedroom :sick:) if he didn't fundamentally agree with it somehow. Meg might be horrid but I wonder if Harry isn't all that different deep down. Maybe he's always resented being the spare and wanted more recognition and money than Wills, and Megs was sort of his ticket out/excuse to put that plan into action.

Reactions: 38
i was wondering that too. Maybe British authorities have got round their US counterparts to tell Samantha and the rest of the clan to STFU or their lives could become unpleasant. It does look like some pressure has been put on them because neither Samantha or her father have been particularly vocal about the Scobie book. I saw the book for the first time yesterday, and there is a chapter about Samantha. The whole thing looks like an opportunity for H&M to answer everyone back whom they perceive has offended them. I looked at the book for thirty seconds and put it back on the shelf. It's thirty seconds of my life which I will not get back.
I assumed that it was due to the court case?

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.