Harry and Meghan #360 SpotiBye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Zippy2000 Hope all the prep goes well, and your eyes get better soon

@InsomniNat Glad you're on the road to recovery.

Hugs to anyone else who isn't feeling well.

And this just about sums it up for me. :LOL:

Screenshot_20230620-091058_kindlephoto-352771680.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Naa, she most likely felt like the Kween of fashion, there to breathe freshness and glamour into the stuffy old English family. Especially with "that boring Katie".

If she had any self-awareness, or rather, if her narc-ness allowed her to accept what her self-awareness was telling her (because she is insecure as hell we can see that), then she wouldn't have even thought of not accepting the advice of far more experienced people, especially in the beginning.

I've just joined a new organisation, a new industry with a completely different work and social culture than what I'm used to. I stay quiet and observe, then I copy. We've had a couple of 'fun' virtual events, I played it safe and dressed conservatively, but nicely. Now I have a better idea of how other women are dressing, so after a few more meetings when I've met most people, I'll start wearing more fun clothes/makeup for the virtual parties. Will start speaking up more as well.

This is what anyone with half a brain does. Assimilation takes time, a bit of cleverness and effort. That was the difference between plunderers like Ghori and Ghazni who would come to India often but have only short campaigns, and the British, the Dutch, the Portuguese, who came as friends, travellers, historians, traders and missionaries, so many settled here, and then they were able to do what they liked for centuries. These cultures are still a part of the Indian culture to the extent that we sometimes don't know what tradition was brought by Europeans and what was 'native'. They changed our social fabric almost completely in many ways. That's how it's done!

Smegs majored in international relations? Really? 🙄
Yup!
She had relations with men of all nationalities

• Haha
Reactions: 18
so this is what all the cosying-up to Rothschild was all about .....
CDAN via AGC Blind

233. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 06/19 **14**
Snake Oil War: In this space previously, I wrote about the former A- list actress (Gwyneth Paltrow) who is an Oscar winner/nominee and how she has been able to use her fame and marketing and power to corner the marker on certain ingredients that are popular or buzzy, so she can be the exclusive provider or at least set the price at which she wants them sold (“GOOP“). There has never been any serious competition to her power. That is changing though and she is in a fight which it looks like she is losing for the next big buzzy ingredient. Berberine. Apparently it is going to be the foundation of multiple products when a lifestyle brand relaunches (”The Tig”) in the next few months and they know the best way to do that is to have tons of products with Berberine in it. Whoever controls Berberine will control the lifestyle market for many years. The competitor (Meghan Markle) is someone already mentioned on the site today. They have the backing of several hugely wealthy investors (David Mayer de Rothschild) who know they will make their money back and a whole lot more. Gwyneth Paltrow/”GOOP”/”The Tig”/Meghan Markle/David Mayer de Rothschild (Meghan Markle Is Reportedly Resurrecting Her Lifestyle Blog ‘The Tig’) (BLIND ITEM 06/18/23)
This is interesting. I can see the potential for a lot of money to be made from potential beauty products, but given Megsies history, she wouldnt be the person I would choose for a campaign!!

Reactions: 25
This is interesting. I can see the potential for a lot of money to be made from potential beauty products, but given Megsies history, she wouldnt be the person I would choose for a campaign!!
"Wellness" products, to be more specific/on-trend. That's where the real spending is happening now. The Lipstick Effect should be renamed Vitamin Gummies Effect or whatever all that stuff is 🙄 I've been tracking the changes on the website of the biggest makeup seller in my country - clearance is full of colour cosmetics. Focus is now on high-end skincare, which has also shifted to ingredient-based marketing (eg hyaluronic acid serums etc - very scientific sounding stuff), and 'wellness products' like different kinds of vitamins, b-complex, biotin etc supplements. I don't even bother with opening those pages so can't give better examples.

Any new 'treatment' is what people rush to buy - sheet masks, Korean skin care, hair masks, hyaluronic acid shampoos and conditioners etc.

The idea is to boost 'natural beauty' by improving health, and therefore not really needing makeup anymore. As endorsed mostly by women who down Ozempic instead of having a decent diet, regularly get fillers and chemical treatments etc, shovel on makeup, and have zero cares about not toying with the health of others/lying etc.

Smegs would fit perfectly into that segment. That is, if she remembers to moisturise her hands and feet sometimes.

images - 2023-06-20T144111.212.jpeg

(I love Lady Cassandra, but this was perfect 🤷)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Beautiful 😍 Is the bird on the watering can a Pauline Vaughan? I love her designs, although she is American they always seem so quintessentially British. I have spent many happy hours stitching different pieces of hers.

Thank you @stuffandnonsense I'm not sure where mum obtained the pattern from, but I do have all her patterns safely stored away, so I'll go and look through them (one day). She simply had so many and made one after another. When she died I found four pieces that she was still working on.

I love to see what other posters are working on, and all our pets too. 😍.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Morning everyone! Have a great week and keep the snark coming! 😉
Tattle on!!
IMG_4298.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
They both look so uncomfortable on the balcony. I’m beginning to think Camilla has problems as she just looks so confused and not quite with it at all these big events. Hopefully it’s just nerves though - at the coronation she looked like she’d rather be anywhere than there! I agree with the slimmed down balcony appearances though, I hate it and I also think it draws attention to C&C’s dislike of it. I used to love seeing all the family there (minus H&M and A of course!)
Camilla's face, especially her eyes, to me show that look of strain or pain that bad or chronic illness gives - I see it in my own face often enough to recognize it, though I hope I am mistaken.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.