Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Anneofgreengables

Chatty Member
Na dann! Wenn das hier so ist, warum breche ich mir dann einen auf Englisch ab? Ab sofort ist die neue offizielle Sprache des Chats Deutsch. Das vereinfacht die Sache für mich ungemein! 👍
Ja, ich stimme zu. Heute müssen wir alle Deutsch sprechen und schreiben 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 12

maharini

I am afraid you are wrong. People from South Shields most certainly are Geordies. People from South Shields have been Geordies for as long as the term " Geordie" has been used. The use of the term " Sand Dancer " is relatively modern. It started cropping up in the early 1980's . Nobody used it before then.
Au contraire. The descriptor was used in the late 1800’s when the town hosted a significant community of Yemeni and Somali sailors waiting for their next ship from the Port of Tyne. Around 2000 settled with local women and raised families. When the war came they were driven out for taking local jobs. It’s all a bit racist, though used comedically now, probably as good a reason as any to stop using it. As a Sand Dancer myself by birth….

• Wow

Concerto

People from South Shields aren’t Geordies! They’re Sand Dancers.
I am afraid you are wrong. People from South Shields most certainly are Geordies. People from South Shields have been Geordies for as long as the term " Geordie" has been used. The use of the term " Sand Dancer " is relatively modern. It started cropping up in the early 1980's . Nobody used it before then.

Who’sYerDaddy

VIP Member
Have any of you Tattlers watched “The Why Files?” I found the series on YT, and I’m hooked! Just watched one and saw a pic of the late Queen seated with a group of ppl. It rather surprised me given the episode content, but just curious if anyone else enjoys the WF?

Reactions: 11

Concerto

and he's from Sunderland! Nuff said. (Speaking as a proud Geordie)
I am not sure that he is from Sunderland. He went to the South Shields Boys Grammar School which would lead one to believe that he is from South Shields, People from South Shields are Geordies. He could have moved I suppose, from Sunderland to Shields.

Reactions: 11