Harry and Meghan #3 Duke and Duchess of Narcissism!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the documentary title was 'Harry & Meghan An African Journey', not 'Harry & Meghan A Self-Obsessed Miserable Journey'? :unsure: :rolleyes:

There was barely anything about the country beyond the first third or half of the programme (except for Hazza's blue steel Halo walk through the mines and the dinner at some people's home where Megs just pushed food around her plate and harry actually ate the food). It was mostly just a program used as a tool by the pair to push their woe is me, we must move to LA agenda

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I hope this 6 week break has come in some form of intervention because the rest of the Royal Family have to be embarrassed to the core at this point.

Sources close to William reporting ”he thinks the break is a good idea” i bet he bloody does lol and i hope he was the one who suggested it to them!

H&M have clearly decided to detach from the RF, and it’s institutional ways at large and go speeding off on their own path towards a mapped out plan of being minor Royal Family rockstars.

You can’t dip one foot out of the Royal Family and keep one foot in at the same time it’s not that kind of thing. You are either all in or all out there is no way of having it both ways, i don’t understand how Harry of all people doesn’t get that...

They really can’t afford to come back from this break and continue acting how they have been.

Reactions: 7
I bet Will and Kate saw through Meghan straight away and Meg didn't like that. I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan is happy with the division that she has caused between H and W. Harry would be better off without this narcissist. I wonder what his exes Cressida and Chelsey think? I looked at Cressida's Instagram and she is engaged! She and Chelsey don't seem to follow the Sussex account.
After seeing Harry operate this past half year I don’t believe it’s the royal life Cressida and Chelsey objected to, it’s a life with Harry. The media/public eye is just a great excuse to get away from him without too much explanation. Harry is an entitled, spoiled, petulant rich boy that thinks he’s above us all because of his God given right to be a royal. I’m sure he’s not well mentally, but I’m also sure that his feeling he should be fawned upon, admired and respected whatever he does, plays a big part in that problems. Someone should have told him ‘no!’ much earlier in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve been half joking/half serious to my friends ”two kids and she’s off back to LA” since the engagement press call but with the way things are going and the speed they are ‘going wrong’ at (example: this much needed 6 week break already) i do wonder if she’s even going to make it to baby number two before she is off 😆

M has clearly got H stitched up like a kipper already and is setting the scene imo to separate/file for divorce and claim negative press attention as the main reason why.

I wouldn’t be surprised if after this break a baby announcement comes before the end of year or early next, it fits in perfectly with the lightening speed at which M is moving within all this.

If the baby announcement does come it will all make sense because this has been literally the worst time for them to have a baby if they really are suffering so much and struggling to cope like they say.

Reactions: 8
I didn't watch the programme but did Harry's friend ask them any harder questions at all? How they preach about the environment but are more wasteful than a small village? Did he point out at all why people might be pissed off with them? Was it just incredibly one-sided?
I think Harry in particular has messed up badly with his comments about William. Quite disloyal.
Or why, if camera noise is a trauma, does he deliberately put himself and loved ones in the spotlight, attending film premieres, taking a messiah role at charidee tours etc. He could work behind the scenes, be a private citizen but no. Ditto the environment/conservation hypocrisy, is he going to give up murdering animals all over the globe for "sport"... doubt it.

He also oddly seems to blame the press for all that went wrong in Diana's life, not his family who wanted a virgin bride, his dad who abused her, and his own family who made the boys walk behind the coffin or even attend the broadcasted ceremony.

As for Megan, the press in the UK have been rotten to incoming women in the Royal family, Kate was harassed by paps outside her home for all those "waity katie" years, as a late example. But fawning over a monarchy is difficult to support, they are unelected strangers given huge privilege and for what, they rely on the public support at the end of the day. Megs wants to be transplanted into this Diana (without the humility) role, but she always appears OTT, her hypocrisy and grand physical gestures with complete tone-deafness to how poor she has came across. I'm sure the American's who have partners in the UK but can't get a speedy hassle-free visa can relate, or the women who can't rely on nanny's and vanity jobs, and want to and have to both go out to work whilst raising their baby, "existing not living", say that to the people she has met on her tours, who have not even a fraction of the stability she has. Ditto, she has no problem flaunting her wealth in the UK, whilst many people are in relative poverty... but South Africa deserves modesty (?), just forget she is there because of an extreme unequal authority, traveling on private jets, shipping in cars and every other wasteful expense.

And yes, the constant "belly cupping" was odd.

Other royal siblings do not put their family in the limelight like this or accept titles, Harry doesn't need to live like this, Anne & Zara come to mind.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I wish people would stop saying the media killed his mum.

Can we please go over the facts?
Dianna was being chased by the paps.
Her driver was drunk, THREE time over the limit.
Diana wasn't wearing her seat belt.

If it weren't for the two latter points, if her driver was sober and she was wearing her belt, there's a chance she would still be alive today.
I would say being chased by the paps would be the main factor in the crash that caused her death. Over the limit or not, the driver would have been speeding trying to get away from them. And these are the same paps that proceeded to take photographs of her injured inside the car.

Reactions: 9
I would say being chased by the paps would be the main factor in the crash that caused her death. Over the limit or not, the driver would have been speeding trying to get away from them. And these are the same paps that proceeded to take photographs of her injured inside the car.
I’d say the main factor that caused her death was not wearing a seat belt and getting involved with a rich playboy for the summer (she also used the media when it suited her).

I expect MM wants to get out of the royal family before she has to curtesy to William and Kate!

Reactions: 20
I’d say the main factor that caused her death was not wearing a seat belt and getting involved with a rich playboy for the summer (she also used the media when it suited her).

I expect MM wants to get out of the royal family before she has to curtesy to William and Kate!
Agree, I've read a book by the forensic pathologist who did Diana's post mortem (she only features in one chapter). She died of a tiny tear in the vein which returns to the heart which leaked slowly until she suddenly arrested. She had no other life threatening injuries. If she had worn a seatbelt the shearing forces would have been reduced and she would have lived. Seatbelts save lives.

Reactions: 20
Meghan’s attack on our ’stiff upper lip’ and how really it’s just ”damaging” hasn’t gone down well with many of the public. I mean talk about insulting the very peoples culture who you are supposed to representing.

I bet it hasn’t gone down well with HM The Queen either, as she’s built her whole public life and career around it and it’s worked very well for her for going on a whole CENTURY, but no Meghan knows better !!! hahahaha.
IMO people dont like it because it's come from an American.

William said pretty much the exact same thing 2 years ago and no one cared

Reactions: 11
IMO people dont like it because it's come from an American.

William said pretty much the exact same thing 2 years ago and no one cared

Indeed, she fails to realise that she is still viewed as an outsider having only been on the scene a few short years, and she can't criticise British culture when she isn't seen as British herself.

Reactions: 10
^^Agreed! She really didn't know Britain and didn't know Harry before their whirlwind romance and engagement. Visits to friends and holidays don't tell you everything about a place. Had she taken her time, moved to London after finishing at Suits and settled in - made friends locally etc - she would feel far less isolated now. She may have even decided the sacrifices made when marrying a prince aren't worth it.

I think Kate and Will are successful (and happy) now partly because they have an excellent support network of trustworthy friends and the Middletons. Harry may or may not have had the trustworthy friends, but Megs certainly didn't (given all the 'friends' and her family who have talked to the media since their relationship was first announced). The one thing they did have, if they hadn't mucked it up, would be a supportive sister and brother in law and the extended royal family. Sophie can relate to giving up your professional life, Mike can relate to being less famous than your partner in spite of your own achievements, Autumn can relate to moving from another country, Kate and Camilla can certainly relate to being vilified by the press. It turns out James Middleton can relate to Harry and his mental health struggles too. They have all the resources in the world to seek professional help, and the support is/was there.

But they thought they knew better I suppose?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think the stiff lip comment came over so rude because she just comes out with it while she’s moaning on camera about how tough life is for HER right now.

If she had said it in context as part of a speech about mental health during a charity engagement to raise awareness then it may well of not drawn anyone’s attention at all.

Reactions: 10
I think the stiff lip comment came over so rude because she just comes out with it while she’s moaning on camera about how tough life is for HER right now.

If she had said it in context as part of a speech about mental health during a charity engagement to raise awareness then it may well of not drawn anyone’s attention at all.
It also undermines the mental healthy charity work M and H have been doing, in my opinion.

Reactions: 5
She just copied Will’s words like she always copies other people’s words/clothes/causes/etc but this just backfired because she didn’t consider the source. Will is the future king and has a lot more credit and credibility.

The media still talks about the brother’s rift. She must be so pissed at Harry for letting that comment out that she won’t allow him to speak in public ever again 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She just copied Will’s words like she always copies other people’s words/clothes/causes/etc but this just backfired because she didn’t consider the source. Will is the future king and has a lot more credit and credibility.

The media still talks about the brother’s rift. She must be so pissed at Harry for letting that comment out that she won’t allow him to speak in public ever again 🤣
She will be telling him to get back in his box

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So apparently Diana advised William to be best friends with his future wife as that’s why her marriage to Charles didn’t work as they barely knew each other before marrying (true).

He obviously followed her advice but apparently advised Harry he didn’t know MM well enough and that’s what Harry took offence at.

I’ve always said the marriage won’t last as they rushed it. Add on top the pressures of the media etc and it’s destined to failure.

Also MM keeps bleating on about how her and Harry are a love story 🤮she obviously hates it that the public don’t agree!

Reactions: 13
There’s far more weighing on Harry than just the press scrutiny, i think he probably knows deep down he’s more than likely made a mistake with her and it’s all been too much too soon, also becoming a father will have you thinking and feeling things you never have before.

The fact he had no problem telling M off in public at the trooping the colour and went ‘missing’ for 48 hours after the polo match because it was allegedly around the time he found personal stuff she’s written about him for her ‘memoirs’ lol?! tells us he knows somethings off about her, both those things have happened since the baby as well.

This also gives hope that he might wake up soon and finish things with her rather than let her continue to keep taking him for a fool until she decides it’s time to bolt it.

The fact he had no problem telling M off in public at the trooping the colour and went ‘missing’ for 48 hours after the polo match because it was allegedly around the time he found personal stuff she’s written about him for her ‘memoirs’ lol?! tells us he knows somethings off about her, both those things have happened since the baby as well.
Where did you hear about the memoirs thing? I heard he went missing, I think that was on one of the channels on YouTube. My fave is Celt :)

Reactions: 5
^^Agreed! She really didn't know Britain and didn't know Harry before their whirlwind romance and engagement. Visits to friends and holidays don't tell you everything about a place. Had she taken her time, moved to London after finishing at Suits and settled in - made friends locally etc - she would feel far less isolated now. She may have even decided the sacrifices made when marrying a prince aren't worth it.

I think Kate and Will are successful (and happy) now partly because they have an excellent support network of trustworthy friends and the Middletons. Harry may or may not have had the trustworthy friends, but Megs certainly didn't (given all the 'friends' and her family who have talked to the media since their relationship was first announced). The one thing they did have, if they hadn't mucked it up, would be a supportive sister and brother in law and the extended royal family. Sophie can relate to giving up your professional life, Mike can relate to being less famous than your partner in spite of your own achievements, Autumn can relate to moving from another country, Kate and Camilla can certainly relate to being vilified by the press. It turns out James Middleton can relate to Harry and his mental health struggles too. They have all the resources in the world to seek professional help, and the support is/was there.

But they thought they knew better I suppose?
That is such a good point about the extended family. But it seems like M and H want to feel special and in a unique position nobody else could possibly understand. The fact that half their in-laws have been through similar doesn't fit their special victim status. Beatrice and Eugenie have often being mercilessly mocked in the media for their looks, their parents, clothes, work ethic, endless holidays. They also now share with M a dodgy father.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.