Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For @Anna2020
An award for your services above the call of duty.
You read the shite so we didn't have to and you brought the contents of it here for everyone to discuss.

bunion award text on.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
They have the clearance section in my local store. They sell everything off for like 50p. There are some bargains but it’s usually not stuff you could go in with £200 and come out with an sort of outfit you’d want to been seen in 😂
Have you seen his suits 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 21
WILLY ASKED FOR a meeting. He wanted to talk about everything, the whole rolling catastrophe.
Just him and me, he said. As it happened, Meg was out of town, visiting girlfriends, so his timing was perfect. I invited him over.
An hour later he walked into Nott Cott, where he hadn’t been since Meg first moved in. He looked piping hot. It was early evening.
I offered him a drink, asked about his family.
Everyone good.
He didn’t ask about mine. He just went all in. Chips to the center of the table. Meg’s difficult, he said.
Oh, really?
She’s rude. She’s abrasive. She’s alienated half the staff.
Not the first time he’d parroted the press narrative. Duchess Difficult, all that bullshit. Rumors, lies from his team, tabloid rubbish, and I told him so—again.
Told him I expected better from my older brother. I was shocked to see that this actually pissed him off. Had he come here expecting something different? Did he think I’d agree that my bride was a monster? I
told him to step back, take a breath, really ask himself: Wasn’t Meg his sister-in-law? Wouldn’t this institution be toxic for any newcomer? Worst-case scenario, if his sister-in-law was having trouble adjusting to a new office, a new family, a new country, a new culture, couldn’t he see his way clear to cutting her some slack? Couldn’t you just be there for her? Help her?
He had no interest in a debate. He’d come to lay down the law. He wanted me to agree that Meg was wrong and then agree to do something about it. Like what? Scold her? Fire her? Divorce her? I didn’t know.
But Willy didn’t know either, he wasn’t rational. Every time I tried to slow him down, point out the illogic of what he was saying, he got louder. We were soon talking over each other, both of us shouting. Among all the different, riotous emotions coursing through my brother that afternoon, one really jumped out at me. He seemed aggrieved. He seemed put upon that I wasn’t meekly obeying him, that I was being so impertinent as to deny him, or defy him, to refute his knowledge, which came from his trusted aides.
There was a script here and I had the audacity not to be following it.
He was in full Heir mode, and couldn’t fathom why I wasn’t dutifully playing the role of the Spare.
I was sitting on the sofa, he was standing over me.
I remember saying: You need to hear me out, Willy.
He wouldn’t. He simply would not listen.
To be fair, he felt the same about me.
He called me names. All kinds of names. He said I refused to take responsibility for what was happening. He said I didn’t care about my office and the people who worked for me. Willy, give me one example of—
He cut me off, said he was trying to help me.
Are you serious? Help me? Sorry—is that what you call this? Helping me?
For some reason, that really set him off. He stepped towards me, swearing. To that point I’d been feeling uncomfortable, but now I felt a bit scared. I stood, brushed past him, went out to the kitchen, to the sink.
He was right on my heels, berating me, shouting. I poured a glass of water for myself, and one for him as well. I handed it to him. I don’t think he took a sip.
Willy, I can’t speak to you when you’re like this.
He set down the water, called me another name, then came at me. It all happened so fast. So very fast. He grabbed me by the collar, ripping my necklace, and he knocked me to the floor. I landed on the dogs’ bowl, which cracked under my back, the pieces cutting into me. I lay there for a moment, dazed, then got to my feet and told him to get out.
Come on, hit me! You’ll feel better if you hit me!
Do what?
Come on, we always used to fight. You’ll feel better if you hit me.
No, only you’ll feel better if I hit you.
Please…just leave.
He left the kitchen, but he didn’t leave Nott Cott. He was in the sitting room, I could tell. I stayed in the kitchen. Two minutes passed, two long minutes. He came back looking regretful and apologized. He walked to the front door. This time I followed. Before leaving he turned and called back: You don’t need to tell Meg about this.
You mean that you attacked me?
I didn’t attack you, Harold.
Fine. I won’t tell her.
Good, thank you.
He left. I looked at the phone. A promise is a promise, I told myself, so I couldn’t call my wife, much as I wanted to. But I needed to talk to someone.
So I rang my therapist. Thank God she answered. I apologized for the intrusion, told her I didn’t know who else to call. I told her I’d had a fight with Willy, he’d knocked me to the floor. I looked down and told her that my shirt was ripped, my necklace was broken. We’d had a million physical fights in our lives, I told her. As boys we’d done nothing but fight. But this felt different. The therapist told me to take deep breaths. She asked me to describe the scene several times. Each time I did it seemed more like a bad dream. And made me a bit calmer. I told her: I’m proud of myself. Proud, Harry? Why’s that? I didn’t hit him back. I stayed true to my word, didn’t tell Meg. But not long after she returned from her trip, she saw me coming out of the shower and gasped. Haz, what are those scrapes and bruises on your back? I couldn’t lie to her. She wasn’t that surprised, and she wasn’t at all angry. She was terribly sad.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
Just wanna know if Willy bumped his head on the 'dolls house ceiling' during this altercation. He's much taller than H after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Why is Harry saying that Henry VI is his great x6 grandad, when Henry VI's only child famously died childless. Isn't that what started the wars of the roses

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Perhaps... Tom Bower should have called his book Spare, and Hazno his Revenge? Just a thought.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Breaking news on gb news. Terror isis video urges fresh attacks on Western targets including London.
i wouldn't worry too much about ISIS as they're a CIA invention, same as Anonymous. also, by name, their thing is unleashing hell in Syria and Iraq.

Reactions: 10
May I also say re the epidurals, it was SO effective that I hadn’t even known that I was catheterised until it wore off many hours later. But even then, it was a wee bit of Bambi time on the pins until all feeling returned.
god I must have been catheterised to and didn't know it until now!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
From OK magazine about Colbert's segment with Richard Cranium being pre-taped. Apparently, show attendees were not happy, but these comments in the article were funny!
"F*** Prince Harry," an eyewitness source recalled multiple people yelling as they exited the Ed Sullivan theater in New York City, where the CBS show is taped.

"It wasn't worth waiting an hour in the cold for [Harry]," a woman who traveled from far away to see the red-headed royal in the flesh reportedly declared. "Who needs Prince Harry anyway?" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is the weirdest part of the book for me
They are in Tyler Perry house.
In the front hall was a painting he (Archie) found especially interesting.
He started every day locked on to it. A scene from ancient Rome. We asked each other why. No clue.
Not long after those first steps Archie went marching up to his favorite painting in the front hall.
He stared at it, made a gurgle of recognition. Meg leaned in for a closer look.
She noticed, for the first time, a nameplate on the frame.
Goddess of the hunt. Diana.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Why he keeps winging about being the Spare is beyond me. The Queen was essentially a spare was she not? She was 3rd in line to thrown at one point and only became Queen as her Fathers brother abdicated?

Reactions: 33
So basically Harry & Meghan wanted to be treated like royalty but without having to do any of the duties. They thought that by moving to America, they would be regarded highly there, especially with their royal titles of Duke & Duchess, and everybody who is anybody would want to invite them to every party or charity event. Everyone would be hanging onto their every word. But then they quickly realised they also wanted a luxury lifestyle and that comes with a hefty price tag and with no real job, skills or talent between the two of them, how were they going to achieve this? So, they hatched a plan to gain attention and public sympathy, by making out that the RF or someone in the RF was racist & that meghan had been treated badly. They give Oprah the interview of the century which turned out not to be an interview, more a very one sided view with absolutely NO evidence whatsoever to back up everything they were saying. Netflix offered them a mega deal and once they smelt the money and realised they could demand any price, Harry also got his book deal. These interviews, documentary and book were the ONLY way these two could actually get an income. They have no real talent or skill, apart from lying, fabricating the truth, living in cloud cuckoo world and using words that no-one understands. They are nasty, manipulative and their true colours are definitely shining through. Pretty sure Diana would not have liked Meghan’s influence over Harry, nor the way Harry has attacked his brother, Pa and everyone who has ever disagreed with him. Hope the Americans are seeing through their web of lies and friends and colleagues are ditching them quickly - who in their right mind would want to be associated with these two egotistical idiots?
Hear! Hear!

Reactions: 19
Of course he (and the royals keep private/historical diaries) but me thinks omid was the ghost writer and meg the narrator embellishing it for effect. This is Hazza's version of finding freedom.

At least its done, until we get the Meg diaries published. I can already imagine it...

'I collapsed, I sobbed, I fell to the ground, I was enveloped in tears, drowning in the depths of my torment, until i heard the singing and sweet comforting sound of cluckclicking ...dolphins, Flipper leading the pod, was here to rescue me...'

Chapter 102

"There is only one true Princess of Wales, and that is you Meghan" said the voice from the blue box, it was the golden lock of Diana, speaking to me. I swept away the old, sweet urine endrenched pregnancy test sticks, and held Diana to my heart, I cried...but now it was tears of joy.'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
This is the weirdest part of the book for me
They are in Tyler Perry house.
In the front hall was a painting he (Archie) found especially interesting.
He started every day locked on to it. A scene from ancient Rome. We asked each other why. No clue.
Not long after those first steps Archie went marching up to his favorite painting in the front hall.
He stared at it, made a gurgle of recognition. Meg leaned in for a closer look.
She noticed, for the first time, a nameplate on the frame.
Goddess of the hunt. Diana.
What the hell is a gurgle of recognition?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The private secretaries began to address Granny about the Five Options.
Your Majesty, you’ve seen the Five Options.
Yes, she said. We all had.
They’d been emailed to us, five different ways of proceeding.
Option 1 was continuance of the status quo: Meg and I don’t leave, everyone tries to go back to normal.
Option 5 was full severance, no royal role, no working for Granny, and total loss of security.
Option 3 was somewhere in between.

A compromise. Closest to what we’d originally proposed.
I told everyone assembled that, above all, I was desperate to keep security. That was what worried me most, my family’s physical safety. I wanted to prevent a repeat of history, another untimely death like the one that had rocked this family to its core twenty-three years earlier, and from which we were still trying to recover.
I’d consulted with several Palace veterans, people who knew the inner workings of the monarchy and its history and they all said Option 3 was best for all parties.
Meg and I living elsewhere part of the year, continuing our work, retaining security, returning to Britain for charities, ceremonies, events.
Sensible solution, these Palace veterans said. And eminently doable.
But the family, of course, pushed me to take Option 1. Barring that, they would only accept Option 5.
We discussed the Five Options for nearly an hour.
At last the Bee got up and went around the table, handing out a draft of a statement the Palace would soon be releasing.
Announcing implementation of Option 5.
Wait. I’m confused. You’ve already drafted a statement? Before any discussion? Announcing Option 5? In other words, the fix was in, this whole time? This summit was just for show?
No answer.
I asked if there were drafts of other statements. Announcing the other options.
Oh yes, of course, the Bee assured me.
Can I see them?
Alas—his printer had gone on the blink, he said.
The odds! At the very moment he was about to print out those other drafts!

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
What were options 2 and 4?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
From OK magazine about Colbert's segment with Richard Cranium being pre-taped. Apparently, show attendees were not happy, but these comments in the article were funny!
"F*** Prince Harry," an eyewitness source recalled multiple people yelling as they exited the Ed Sullivan theater in New York City, where the CBS show is taped.

"It wasn't worth waiting an hour in the cold for [Harry]," a woman who traveled from far away to see the red-headed royal in the flesh reportedly declared. "Who needs Prince Harry anyway?" :LOL:
Yet Chris Ship reporting on the evening news that Hazno received a warm reception and support from the JC audience - as if he doesn't know by now it was fake. ITV = Fake News. I wonder how much more is misrepresented in the news.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.