Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For days and days we couldn’t stop hugging the children, couldn’t let them out of our sight—though I also couldn’t stop picturing them with Granny. The final visit. Archie making deep, chivalrous bows, his baby sister Lilibet cuddling the monarch’s shins.
Sweetest children, Granny said, sounding bemused. S
he’d expected them to be a bit more…American, I think? Meaning, in her mind, more rambunctious.
Now, while overjoyed to be home again, doing drop-offs again, reading Giraffes Can’t Dance again, I couldn’t stop…remembering.
Day and night, images flitted through my mind. Standing before her during my passing-out parade, shoulders thrown back, catching her half smile. Stationed beside her on the balcony, saying something that caught her off guard and made her, despite the solemnity of the occasion, laugh out loud. Leaning into her ear, so many times, smelling her perfume as I whispered a joke.
Kissing both cheeks at one public event, just recently, placing a hand lightly on her shoulder, feeling how frail she was becoming.
Making a silly video for the first Invictus Games, discovering that she was a natural comedienne.
People around the world howled, and said they’d never suspected she possessed such a wicked sense of humor—but she did, she always did!
That was one of our little secrets.
In fact, in every photo of us, whenever we’re exchanging a glance, making solid eye contact, it’s clear: We had secrets. Special relationship, that’s what they said about us, and now I couldn’t stop thinking about the specialness that would no longer be.
The visits that wouldn’t take place.
Ah well, I told myself, that’s just the deal, isn’t it?
That’s life.
Still, as with so many partings, I just wished there’d been…one more goodbye.
Soon after our return, a hummingbird got into the house. I had a devil of a time guiding it out, and the thought occurred that maybe we should start shutting the doors, despite those heavenly ocean breezes.
Then a mate said: Could be a sign, you know?
Some cultures see hummingbirds as spirits, he said. Visitors, as it were. Aztecs thought them reincarnated warriors. Spanish explorers called them “resurrection birds.”
You don’t say? I did some reading and learned that not only are hummingbirds visitors, they’re voyagers.
The lightest birds on the planet, and the fastest, they travel vast distances—from Mexican winter homes to Alaskan nesting grounds.
Whenever you see a hummingbird, what you’re actually seeing is a tiny, glittering Odysseus.
So, naturally, when this hummingbird arrived, and swooped around our kitchen, and flitted through the sacred airspace we call Lili Land, where we’ve set the baby’s playpen with all her toys and stuffed animals, I thought hopefully, greedily, foolishly:
Is our house a detour—or a destination?
For half a second I was tempted to let the hummingbird be. Let it stay.
But no.
Gently I used Archie’s fishing net to scoop it from the ceiling, carry it outside.
Its legs felt like eyelashes, its wings like flower petals.
With cupped palms I set the hummingbird gently on a wall in the sun.
Goodbye, my friend.
But it just lay there.
Motionless.
No, I thought.
No, not that. Come on, come on.
You’re free. Fly away.
And then, against all odds, and all expectations, that wonderful, magical little creature bestirred itself, and did just that.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
So granny said to Harry his children are sweet children, and Harrry took that and twisted it in his mind and tells the world, the queen really thought they would have been more American and boisterous? And she can’t even defend herself. Sounds to me a loving great grandmother calling her great grandchild sweet, how can he make that into something bad

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
@VioletButterfly

great post and I made one earlier slating American media attitudes to our Royal Family a and how bleeping hypocritical they are obviously it was not a criticism of Murican people.

This Colbert is a nasty cun t and his digs at us are offensive, we love our Country as you love yours and these people are pissing me right off.

I don't know what their agenda is but it is very wrong to kick at someone who is in shock and if his vicious yardstick is that bleep then he is as bad as he is.

Media mud slinging morons!!
Colbert isn’t actually American as in USA he’s Canadian

• Wow
Reactions: 12
@Anna2020 does he address the surrogacy rumours in the book please?
Also, other than the pregnancy tests and the birth stories, is there much about either of her actual pregnancies? Scans, baby kicking, etc?

Reactions: 22
I love my Mother Country, and I love my family, and I always will.
I just wish, at the second-darkest moment of my life, they’d both been there for me.
And I believe they’ll look back one day and wish they had too.

This sounds abit foreboding.

I'm making a mental note to avoid those therapists.
I noticed the UK therapist wasn’t mentioned by name… they clearly didn’t want to risk being marked 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
MEG AND I DISCUSSED getting away, but this time we weren’t talking about a day at Wimbledon or a weekend with Elton.
We were talking about escape. A friend knew someone who had a house we could borrow on Vancouver Island. Quiet, green—seemingly remote. Only reachable by ferry or plane, the friend said.
November 2019.
We arrived with Archie, Guy, Pula, and our nanny, under cover of darkness, on a stormy night, and spent the next few days trying to unwind. It wasn’t hard. From morning to night we didn’t have to give a thought to being ambushed. The house was right on the edge of a sparkling green forest, with big gardens where Archie and the dogs could play, and it was nearly surrounded by the clean, cold sea. I could take a bracing swim in the morning.
Best of all, no one knew we were there. We hiked, we kayaked, we played—in peace.
After a few days we needed supplies.
We ventured out timidly, drove down the road into the nearest village, walked along the pavement like people in a horror movie. Where will the attack come from? Which direction? But it didn’t happen. People didn’t freak. They didn’t stare. They didn’t reach for their iPhones. Everyone knew, or sensed, that we were going through something. They gave us space, while also managing to make us feel welcome, with a kind smile, a wave.
They made us feel like part of a community. They made us feel normal. For six weeks. Then the Daily Mail printed our address.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
Most people have been on holiday and went to the nearest place to shop - nobody knows anything about you and they don't care either you are a stranger. People can't mind read you when they are putting you through the till. Nobody bothered you as they didn't know who you were and didn't care

Reactions: 32
Shocking isn’t it? Who proof read this tit? At least 80% of this book should have been binned off at the first read through. Hazza lives in a world where only he and Megain matter and those that don’t jump into line get thrown under the bus. Those who see through their bullshit get thrown under the bus too.
I used to work in publishing and was wondering exactly the same thing. My ex-boss would never have let that be published! Standards must have slipped in publishing if they are printing this.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
It was really just simple maths.
These were bad people doing bad things to our guys.
Doing bad things to the world.
If this guy I’d just removed from the battlefield hadn’t already killed British soldiers, he soon would. Taking him meant saving British lives, sparing British families. Taking him meant fewer young men and women wrapped like mummies and shipped home on hospital beds, like the lads on my plane four years earlier, or the wounded men and women I’d visited at Selly Oak and other hospitals, or the brave team with whom I’d marched to the North Pole. And so my main thought that day, my only thought, was that I wished Control had got back to us sooner, had given us permission to fire more quickly, so we’d got the other seven.
And yet, and yet.
Much later, speaking about it with a mate, he asked: Did it factor into your feeling that these killers were on motorbikes? The chosen vehicle of paps all over the world?
Could I honestly say that, while chasing a pack of motorbikes, not one particle of me was thinking about the pack of motorbikes that chased one Mercedes into a Paris tunnel? Or the packs of motorbikes that had chased me a thousand times?
I couldn’t say.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex
Have you slept? Are you typing it all? Thanks for your work x

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Also, other than the pregnancy tests and the birth stories, is there much about either of her actual pregnancies? Scans, baby kicking, etc?
no nothing mentioned about surrogacy rumours

Reactions: 15
My question would be why, if it's in TB's book and "legally locked down", as he assured DW last night, it's never been picked up on or published by anyone before to my knowledge? 🤔
Could it be as she has never spoken in public before could argue privacy but now she has appeared in Netflix could be a different argument re privacy?

Reactions: 25
Yes it is in the book. Yet another thing I laughed at. As if they can just demand she gives birth because the press wanted her to?! He's a bloody nut case.
It was probably more that the press would be constantly asking for news or updates, and Buckingham Palace would just be wanting some information to get rid of them for a while.
He sees everything as sinister unless it involves an animal, then it’s a sign. Pillock. I hate him now, more than her. She is a bluebottle we can swat away, he will be a Boil on our backside for the foreseeable future.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
THE HOUSE WAS XANADU.
High ceilings, priceless art, beautiful swimming pool. Palatial, but above all, ultra-safe.
Better yet, it came with security, paid for by Tyler.
We spent those last days of March 2020 exploring, unpacking. Trying to get our bearings.
Halls, wardrobes, bedrooms, there seemed no end of spaces to discover, and niches for Archie to hide. Meg introduced him to everything.
Look at this statue!
Look at this fountain!
Look at these hummingbirds in the garden!
In the front hall was a painting he found especially interesting. He started every day locked on to it. A scene from ancient Rome. We asked each other why. No clue.
Within a week Tyler’s house felt like home.
Archie took his first steps in the garden a couple of months later, at the height of the global pandemic lockdown.
We clapped, hugged him, cheered.
I thought, for a moment, how nice it would be to share the news with Grandpa or Uncle Willy.
Not long after those first steps Archie went marching up to his favorite painting in the front hall. He stared at it, made a gurgle of recognition. Meg leaned in for a closer look. She noticed, for the first time, a nameplate on the frame. Goddess of the hunt. Diana.
When we told Tyler, he said he hadn’t known.
He’d forgotten the painting was even there.
He said: Gives me chills. Us too.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex
So a 10 month old baby is marching around and hiding🤔🤔🤥🤥🤥

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
No, nothing about that. He doesnt mention pregnancy with Lilibet until chapter about her birth.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
May I also say re the epidurals, it was SO effective that I hadn’t even known that I was catheterised until it wore off many hours later. But even then, it was a wee bit of Bambi time on the pins until all feeling returned.

Reactions: 17
Not so sure ..... she has obviously written most of the bookie wookie so I think she may have a career writing scripts for comedy shows ..... it's made me laugh more than I have done in years. Don't forget you heard it here first!
No, the poor folks she's listed in the thank yous

Reactions: 6
I’m a little unnerved by her silence/ not being papped going to the late show filming with him etc I must admit, I can’t decide whether it’s for optics that this is his thing so he wants to do everything regarding Spare on his own, or is something else afoot! I’d say maybe she was busy being mother whilst he was “working” but I can’t even stifle the laughter typing that out. It’s all just a bit iffy again for me.
There has been a new filing in the Samantha defamation case.

Reactions: 20
I think I’ve rolled my eyes so hard the last few days they’ve popped out the back of my head. It’s the amount of little lies that are easily debunked. Over the next few days I hope the daily Mail start just listing them in bullet points like his dirge
Xbox as present before it was out
Actually skiing when Queen mother passed
TK maxx no sales
The whole foods incident when it was Meg strutting by media offices
The ‘snipers at wedding cos of threats’. Ffs there’s always snipers. Me & my partner go to the cenotaph most years. Whilst he marches past I have to stay at horse guards. Up on the roof there’s snipers. Why does he think him
and FannyAnne are so special?
The airplane tickets
The security pulling etc etc
I actually can’t wait for Samantha & Thomas to do their tv series. Their side. Sure it was on GB news where Thomas said was a series in the works.
It’s a very long time since I said FannyAnnie, that made me laugh, thank you

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.