Harry and Meghan #299 Spare The book that makes Twilight look like Tolstoy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What education? He barely passed any A levels, didnt do any post secondary / uni, and went straight into the army. Maybe Sandhurst is an education but easy to bet his academics were handled with kid gloves there. He’s basically a neanderthal.
Also was kept back a year before he got into Eton and even then had to sit the entrance exam twice. Wonder if Eton’s attainment stats dropped when he was there (or did they just keep him off the student role to save face)?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
After all the outrage and calls for sacking of Jeremy Clarkson's opinion about M, including H talking about it and moaning that the fact the RF made no comment, where is the anger and disgust about his foul remarks about 2 women ie Pat the teacher and Rebekah Brooks the editor. They were incredibly foul, evil and vicious comments
Clarkson has been pretty much vindicated by this tit show hasn't he?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
About that revelation on how many HE killed, he whinges he was taken out of context... HUH?? He shouldn't have
anything in the first place.

Reminds me of Fight Club, what's the first rule of Fight Club??? DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!
It's the theme of the book - his journey from death to life.

Therefore when he's in Afghanistan and killing people - the 25 number is probably symbolic of people in the book - it's the epitome of this journey, and why he now needs to find the "magical" woman who will give him the means to find the "light".

As a literary device it's alright... and no doubt appeals to a faux intellectual like Meghan (who arranges her books by colour).

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Deep down, I feared that each man felt himself to be the One True Monarch, that each was taking advantage of a Queen in her nineties, enjoying his influential position while merely appearing to serve.

Harold still doesn't get it - no one, absolutely no one, ever took advantage of HMTQ. What a tool this man-child is.
He really has no clue how much the queen actually protected him. It kind of reminds me of te relationship my grandmother had with my older half siblings. After she died some of our cousins were commented to me how the three of us were her favorites I almost feel on the floor laughing they were surprised when I said nope it just my half siblings growing up she protected them from so many consequences that they should have faced. After she died the first time they tried to get our mother to bail them out like our Grandmother always did She just looked at them and said No I am not my mother it was a total reality check for them that they really didn’t like.

Reactions: 28
Nail, Head >>>> Whack!!

The poor surrogate was probably still in recovery.
It took a lot longer than a couple of hours for mine to wear off, and I had a catheter until next day, and a drip. Either they didn’t give her enough, or she left hospital with tubes 🤷🏼‍♀️

Now that I've finally read the book, I think it's time to say what I think about it.
The book has 3 parts:
Part 1 Out of the Night That Covers Me
Part 2 Bloody, but Unbowed
Part 3 Captain of My Soul
The first part describes the period between the death of his mother and February 2007.
The second part mostly describes events from the army, but also the period after that, that is, until July 2016.
The third part begins when he sees the most beautiful woman ever on Instagram until the death of Queen Elizabeth.
While reading this book, I somehow got the impression that each part was written by a different person.
Especially the part where he describes how he and the perfect woman met, fell in love and married.
I haven’t read much in this thread so sorry if I missed it, but was there anything in the book regarding him asking the Queen for permission to use her name Lilibet or the reaction from the RF when they did?

Reactions: 29

Sorry if this has already been posted, dying at "why does he sound like Gordon Ramsay" - so true

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I haven’t read much in this thread so sorry if I missed it, but was there anything in the book regarding him asking the Queen for permission to use her name Lilibet or the reaction from the RF when they did?
No, nothing! The timeline doesn't flow very well. It jumps about a bit. Lilibet is born then not mentioned again until the end where she was cuddling the Queen's shins!

If you search the book for 'Lilibet' that's the only time her actual name is mentioned.

• Wow
  • Haha
It took a lot longer than a couple of hours for mine to wear off, and I had a catheter until next day, and a drip. Either they didn’t give her enough, or she left hospital with tubes 🤷🏼‍♀️
He said they had give her a second epidural as the first didn’t work. Yes, Catheterised until epidural worn off and then, after removal, had to drink loads and note quantities passed to ensure all working. No way in Gods green earth was she home after 2 hours. Been watching too many hospital dramas. Although, perhaps the surrogate had to stay in for several days And they trotted off with their new ‘visitor’🤮.

My mum called it lady trouble :rolleyes:
Bein’ wrung oot.

• Haha
You don't walk out of a hospital 2 hours after an epidural. Unless it wasn't your epidural.
Yes, you are right. The other thing I was thinking is that in the excerpts from his book posted here, he mentions that she was overdue and so she was induced. Inductions are a planned, medical procedure . They can take some time. Pessaries may need to be administered and they need time to get to work. Patients need to be monitored. Drips may be needed as part of the process. Waters may need to be broken. This might all of happened for all I know, but he seems to give the impression that they just turned up at the hospital, she was induced and then she was straight into the bath. It just doesn't ring true.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Does anyone remember what did they say on Netflix about Meghan meeting Kate and Will
No

• Angry
Reactions: 14
That “official” account has reviewed 4 things on Amazon.

The Bench, the Share (sorry Spare), a Wi-Fi router and a phone case. This is the case review. Must be H, check out the last sentence, he sure knows how to do that

EB882B55-75E0-43E5-884B-5F82DF03590F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Why does he think every time he makes these grand pronouncements to his family at these meetings and is met with silence it's because they are stunned by his eloquence and reasonings rather than being stunned by his utter stupidity?
As the saying goes “If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with Bullshit”😎😎😎

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.